Anyone ever had a break-in at their home?

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
Apr 8, 2006
Georgia
Came home this evening and seen my backdoor frame broken and back door standing open....fuckers stole my television, Kindle Fire and some of my wife's jewelry....

of course, I have no care about the property...but the fucking assholes broke into my house. :really?:

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Yep a long time ago. You'll feel insecure at home for a while. Do what you can to secure your home and think about a big dog as your new pet.

rockpup

Sick Puppy
Jun 2, 2005
Souf Florida
Fucking hell. Hope they get busted. We have a good security system with cameras (b/f worked for a security company) and two dogs.. who may have prevented more then the security system did. Worst we've had is a vehicle break in.

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
Apr 8, 2006
Georgia
thats what my wife is bringing up but I just dont see how a dog will help much....i dunno...right now my head is just foggy so I'm not thinking right....

the cop dusted one place and that was it...I called back about 10 minutes ago and asked why he didnt do it on places I thought the people would have touched with their hands....I dunno...

Bigtchrist

Mar 1, 2007
Nothern Cal
Nope.... Everyone that knows me knows i have guns and a dog who is very protective... they wouldnt be able to get in..

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
thats what my wife is bringing up but I just dont see how a dog will help much....i dunno...right now my head is just foggy so I'm not thinking right....

the cop dusted one place and that was it...I called back about 10 minutes ago and asked why he didnt do it on places I thought the people would have touched with their hands....I dunno...
A burglary is not a major crime, hence they just dust one or two spots to make you think they give a shit. The most likely way the burglar(s) will be busted is if you have the serial numbers from your electronics and they try to pawn them. OR they hit other houses in the area and get caught red handed and a search turns up your property. Sorry man, but you need a dog or a security system to make your place less tempting. Better to let your neighbors get robbed because they don't take any steps to deter thieves.

jimmyslostchin

Malarkey is slang for bullshit isn't it?
Jun 8, 2005
NJ
My dog scares the fuck out of ME when I'm not expecting him to start barking at something. No TV or jewelry is worth having a chunk bitten out of your ass. A dog is a very good deterrent. Unless a burglar is really stupid, they usually realize that discretion is the better part of valor. So to speak.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
That Blows
Never had my house fucked with
One of my cars broken into a long time ago

Any reports of break-ins in your area recently ?

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
Apr 8, 2006
Georgia
not recently no, so thats why its so confusing as to why they would hit my rickety old house. I dont have much and they pretty much took what I did have....

oh well....thanks for the advice and all guys....this is really setting in with me and I'm just becoming more and more bummed. I dunno when the flooding will stop in my life. :(

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
Apr 8, 2006
Georgia
A burglary is not a major crime, hence they just dust one or two spots to make you think they give a shit. The most likely way the burglar(s) will be busted is if you have the serial numbers from your electronics and they try to pawn them. OR they hit other houses in the area and get caught red handed and a search turns up your property. Sorry man, but you need a dog or a security system to make your place less tempting. Better to let your neighbors get robbed because they don't take any steps to deter thieves.
im thinking more about the dog now...cant afford a deterent other than a logo on the window. I honestly think I have an idea of WHO it could be, but I'm sure that the cops won't be happy with me just pointing at someone.

I actually said to the cop when he finished dusting that "he did his job there" and basically knew that was it....I noticed something else while ago and gave him a call to see if he could maybe swing back around to check it out...who knows, maybe they really would find something on it and he hasn't called me back. Makes ya feel good to know they dont give a fuck, dont it?

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
im thinking more about the dog now...cant afford a deterent other than a logo on the window. I honestly think I have an idea of WHO it could be, but I'm sure that the cops won't be happy with me just pointing at someone.

I actually said to the cop when he finished dusting that "he did his job there" and basically knew that was it....I noticed something else while ago and gave him a call to see if he could maybe swing back around to check it out...who knows, maybe they really would find something on it and he hasn't called me back. Makes ya feel good to know they dont give a fuck, dont it?
Dude, it's a simple numbers game. If you want an army of detectives working around the clock trying to catch the perps that stole your shit, somebody has to pay for it. Mainly you and everybody in your area paying taxes. The OPD has a fraud division with 5 full time detectives investigating every single fraud case for a city of half a million people. Because of the economy fraud is so rampant that they have had to switch gears to education while still trying to go after the worst cases. The Burglary division has twice that many detectives and there are hundreds of burglaries a month. Shit happens, man. They do care that you got robbed, however the shear lack of manpower and the amount of crime means "they don't give a shit" in the grand scheme of things.

Your a crime victim. It fucking sucks. But I'm going to harsh on you a little by saying you didn't do enough to keep from getting robbed. Most crime victims made themselves victims. Walking late at night on a dark street. Forgetting to lock their car doors. Dressing slutty and hanging out by pinball machines. Shit happens.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
What ?

He had his backdoor bashed in
It's not his fault that some Jizzbags did that
The Jizzbags are at fault

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
I just dont see how a dog will help much....
You know how you tend to behave whenever a cop is around. Full stop at stop signs, don't speed past them, etc.... Just the presence of a dog is often enough to prevent a break in. Easier for them to just move along and pick a different target.

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
Apr 8, 2006
Georgia
Dude, it's a simple numbers game. If you want an army of detectives working around the clock trying to catch the perps that stole your shit, somebody has to pay for it. Mainly you and everybody in your area paying taxes. The OPD has a fraud division with 5 full time detectives investigating every single fraud case for a city of half a million people. Because of the economy fraud is so rampant that they have had to switch gears to education while still trying to go after the worst cases. The Burglary division has twice that many detectives and there are hundreds of burglaries a month. Shit happens, man. They do care that you got robbed, however the shear lack of manpower and the amount of crime means "they don't give a shit" in the grand scheme of things.

Your a crime victim. It fucking sucks. But I'm going to harsh on you a little by saying you didn't do enough to keep from getting robbed. Most crime victims made themselves victims. Walking late at night on a dark street. Forgetting to lock their car doors. Dressing slutty and hanging out by pinball machines. Shit happens.

calm down, fella. I was agreeing with your statement. Snap much?

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
Apr 8, 2006
Georgia
You know how you tend to behave whenever a cop is around. Full stop at stop signs, don't speed past them, etc.... Just the presence of a dog is often enough to prevent a break in. Easier for them to just move along and pick a different target.
the best point I've read in a long time....I appreciate this post 100%.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
any important documents taken? Probably some junkie.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
I'm surprised they bothered to dust at all.

I'm pretty paranoid about someone breaking into my place. Watching all of those episodes of It Takes a Thief years ago was a bad idea.

One of these days I'm going to invest in some motion activated cameras that automatically take snap shots and dump them to an online file server.

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
Apr 8, 2006
Georgia
looks like they just ran in, grabbed valuable stuff and ran. honestly, they didnt take much, (TV, Kindle Fire and my wife's Jewelry), and got the fuck out....

we checked all our stuff such as my guns and all our stuff, they seemed as if they were untouched. Another point to make me know they got in, got out....my daughters room wasn't touched at all.

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
Apr 8, 2006
Georgia
I'm surprised they bothered to dust at all.

I'm pretty paranoid about someone breaking into my place. Watching all of those episodes of It Takes a Thief years ago was a bad idea.

One of these days I'm going to invest in some motion activated cameras that automatically take snap shots and dump them to an online file server.
Funny...I've always had this sinking feeling in the back of my mind for 6 years now that someone is gonna break into my home and steal all my stuff....so when it actually happened, I wasn't super surprised, but its strange to say that I am more disappointed cause I think I could or SHOULD have done more to prevent this....but then again, maybe there was nothing I could have done.

MTJonny

Donator
Apr 24, 2009
Greater Seattle area
I have seen my dog turn away midnight visitors twice. Luckily both were drunk as fuck and looking for my neighbors apartment but it comforted me both times. On one of those occasions the drunk ass tried to reach out and touch my dog and my pup tore up that arm. A dog can fuck you up and most scumbags would rather not deal with that. Pic from last Christmas:

I feel alot more comfortable with him around then before we got him.

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
my dad had his wallet stolen out of our car in our garage.

the garage door was open and my dad had left his wallet in the car, we were about to go out, we both get in the car and my dad looks for his wallet and he can't find it. he immediately thinks it was stolen and i say he's jumping to conclusions.

turns out it was stolen. my dad cancels his credit card and gets a statement that says the cocksuckers who stole it hit up the gas station near my house then the panda express.

we call the cops and a cop comes over and we find out that they we're already looking into these guys who live down the street, they do a lot of suspicious stuff, in fact a few months ago the cops chased the guys out of the neighbor hood in there cars.

we don't know if the cops found the guy.

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
Apr 8, 2006
Georgia
the guys I am suspicious of live right down the road...they have already been caught stealing guns from another neighbors house and the mom found out. She made a deal with the owner for them to return the guns and some other stuff to keep the cops out of the deal....the tire tracks going out of my yard were from a vehicle that was small, (i work on cars for a living...I know....) and they have an older model s-10 that hangs around with said guys. Group of wiggerish, thug boys that have no jobs and just ride around the neighborhood all day long always looking....

is there anything I can do to maybe say "Hey....wanna take a look at those guys"?