Anyone ever look into building a CNC machine?

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
Ive been watching some you tube videos of CnC router setups did anyone finally do this yet?
I keep looking into this but all I come up with is this is an expensive project I'll never finish. I want to create a 4x8 table yet everyone builds these tiny tables with no instructions. I'm not sure where to even begin. The extrusion kits come with zero info.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
I keep looking into this but all I come up with is this is an expensive project I'll never finish. I want to create a 4x8 table yet everyone builds these tiny tables with no instructions. I'm not sure where to even begin. The extrusion kits come with zero info.

This guy builds two, one from parts, another from a kit, he makes all kinds of stuff with it

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC3_VCOJMaivgcGqPCTePLBA

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator

THE FEZ MAN

I've seen this video before. Again, is there a manual for this or does he just know what he's doing. It's the same with the rasberry pi. I want one to make a torrent box but my patience is zero anymore.
I think the actual construction of the machine is something that he “learned” as he went, but the operation he already knew, he is an architect by trade so I’m assuming that he already has extensive knowledge of how to operate the 3d modeling software, which once you understand and know how to operate, converting it to G code (which makes the machine work) is supposed to be straight forward

I’m also assuming that he bought pre assembled control boxes because in other videos he says that “I’m not an electrician but I can muddle through”

I’ve contemplated buying a pre assembled plug and play “table top” machine but they are $4K and I haven’t a clue how to work the modeling software, I thought about going to the local community college for basic CAD, but, can’t without a bunch of bullshit prerequisite classes, and I’ve down loaded free trials of other programs but I get quickly frustrated by them.

I’m with you on the raspberry pie, that thing is in a box stuffed on a shelf somewhere because it’s basically useless

THE FEZ MAN

@ruckstande , man you’re right, this is some maddening shit, every guy uses different things, different programs, different converters, different machine configurations, and, not one seems to explain how to actually use the software they have chosen, it’s all just “oh well just do this” ..... ugfggggggg I’m thinking this project is going right into the “not this year” bin