Anyone ever ship a firearm/handgun?

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
My PT-111 has to get shipped back to the factory in Florida for a trigger repair. Has anyone shipped a handgun before? Whats the process, packaging and restrictions? Do I have to use fed-ex or ups? I have been trying to find info, but everything I have found has been vague. I asked the fed-ex guy who comes to work, but he was clueless.

Thanks in advance!

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
if you have the original box good, if not just get a sturdy box, wrap it up, and send it, i sent mine USPS over night and insured just dont send it loaded or with ammo. what ever you do dont put any refernece to gun on it, use an acronym for the name of the company, i sent my glock back and used G industry's as the name

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
if you have the original box good, if not just get a sturdy box, wrap it up, and send it, i sent mine USPS over night and insured just dont send it loaded or with ammo. what ever you do dont put any refernece to gun on it, use an acronym for the name of the company, i sent my glock back and used G industry's as the name
You can't send firearms through the USPS. You have to used a parcel service like UPS.

It would be best to contact the firearm company and see what they prefer and has worked best with them.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Bring it to an FFL and have him ship it. He knows how and can do so legally. He'll charge you 20 bucks or something but you're guaranteed legality, safety and you're not responsible if something goes wrong.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Bring it to an FFL and have him ship it. He knows how and can do so legally. He'll charge you 20 bucks or something but you're guaranteed legality, safety and you're not responsible if something goes wrong.
x2

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Best advice, period.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
You can't send firearms through the USPS. You have to used a parcel service like UPS.

It would be best to contact the firearm company and see what they prefer and has worked best with them.
eh, fuck em.:rolleyes:

reddog_2711

Jan 11, 2007
Rochester, NY
I shipped the slide from my Glock to Trijicon to try to get the night sights replaced since they don't glow anymore, but the bastards said that they are within the acceptable levels based on their age.

Like others have said, I didn't ship the whole gun, any ammo, and it was generically labled so that the contents were unknown, and I insured the hell out of it for the value of the entire gun.

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
According to Taurus guidelines, I have to ship the whole gun, including the clip. They will repair the damaged trigger, and go over the rest of the handgun and replace any other damaged or worn out parts at no cost to me (one of the reason I went with a Taurus, lifetime warranty).

To those that brought up taking it to an FFL, I love that idea. Just seems like less of a hassle for me, thanks again everyone.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
I shipped the slide from my Glock to Trijicon to try to get the night sights replaced since they don't glow anymore, but the bastards said that they are within the acceptable levels based on their age.

Like others have said, I didn't ship the whole gun, any ammo, and it was generically labled so that the contents were unknown, and I insured the hell out of it for the value of the entire gun.
I don't know the whole law, but I imagine shipping just the slide via USPS is cool.

Aug 11, 2005
yes I ship tons of sks and ak's from afghan... oh wait nm