• OMG!!! GDPR!! GDPR!!! GDP f***ing R!!!!!!!!!!!111111one!

Bla, Bla, Bla, updated privacy policy, because "we care about you! "

ಠ_ಠ

If you even give a shit, our privacy policy is here.

Pro-tip: If you have a reasonable, and transparent policy from Day 1, then you don't have to run around like an asshole!

Anyone get phone calls from these assholes.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
For the last two months I have been getting robo-calls from "Rachel" from card holders services. Anyone else get this shit?

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
For the last two months I have been getting robo-calls from "Rachel" from card holders services. Anyone else get this shit?
Sounds like the ones I was getting from US Bank a while back. I called them and told them if they didn't stop I was taking my business to my local credit union. Haven't gotten another one since.

Poison The Well

Somebody poisoned the water-hole!
Jan 7, 2008
Texas
Usually if you wait on the line there is a short message about no longer receiving the calls. At least from my experiences with shithead automated telephone systems.

Dec 4, 2010
Glassboro, NJ
It might be dept collectors. Someone may have given them a bullshit number that just happens to be yours. Google the number. There are sites dedicated to this where people post what they know about the numbers.

edzeppe

Dec 11, 2004
One day these folks called me on my day off, just as I got the kids asleep for naptime. Anytime you get a person and ask to be removed from the list, they just hang up.. So i decided I would just say something hurtful and see howd they respond. Most of the time they just hung up. Until I wished late stage colon cancer on his parents.
I hung up.. only to get a call from a real working number 30 seconds later. I proceeded to spend the next 2 hours tying up one douchebag, and 2 other employees there with them with repeated phone calls to their working number. Sure it was a loser way to handle it, but finally after dozens of calls they agreed to remove me from their list if i promised to stop calling.

The calls stopped... so I stopped calling.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
Yep, I got a call from this number the other day: (620) 487-3032. They said they were from cardmember services and were offering to lower my interest rate on my credit card. I have like four of them from completely different banks, so I asked which card he was calling about. The dipshit replied "all of your major credit cards, sir". Immediately I knew it was a scam, because 1. he had no specifics on what cards I personally held, and 2. he expected me to believe that one asshole is going to get a number of different card issuers to all lower my rates with one phone call. I looked up the number online and found a shitload of people had the same call.
http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-620-487-3032 Pretty handy site if you keep getting strange calls.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
I enjoy the days of telemarketers. Loved fucking with them
the only thing i love more than telemarketers is crank calls. im kind of bummed because there was a few little girls that used to call all the time but i changed my phone number when my ex moved out, i miss the lil trollops im actually kind of surprised i never got in trouble with some of the shit that i said to them. uncle paul would have been proud

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
There's your sign.

If you get a call from an area code in Florida, Nebraska, Kansas, or Dallas chances are it's some form of scam, or a legitimate telemarketing service looking for donations for something or another.

Nebraska and Kansas are considered the most "accent free" areas, and it makes them ideal for call centers, and Dallas and Florida are just fucking notorious for hard core phone sales.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
When I got it, it wasn't a collection agency, and they identified themselves as "Cardmember services". Usually they want to sell you something like fraud protection or some other bullshit.
"Cardmember services" does sound like one of those fake company division names bill collectors use. But if it's not a bill collector, it's gotta be a scam.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
send the calls to voice mail

if I do not recognize the number, I do not answer

most of the time there is no voice mail left
I never understood people who do this, what if it is a hopital calling to tell you mom/dad/wife/kid are in the ER or something equally horrific? I am too paranoid to pass up a call. I just put my cell on the do not call registry and I pay my bills, so I have no worries about who might be calling me.

Top Bottom