Anyone know how to clean a micro-suede couch?

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
Bought a couch about 2 1/2 years ago...micro-suede obviously, and now i am seeing some kind of stains where we rest our heads...not sure if its from leaning on it after getting out of the shower or gel or what but i'm looking to sell it soon and like to clean it up since other than that it's pretty much brand new...any suggestions?

grail

Tahini sauce in my drawers
Sep 24, 2005
MN
Plain ol' soap and water. If you can remove the cover (e.g. cushions) throw them in the ol' washing machine. That's the great thing about this stuff. Since it isn't leather, it won't ruin.

highway23

I miss NY wings
Jan 24, 2006
NC
if you mean micro-fiber, then you better check the tags

there are 3 different types

1, you can clean with soap and water
2, you can't use water to clean - otherwise you get watermarks
3, you can use just about anything on it to clean

run a google on it, and don't do anything without testing it on a spot that doesn't show.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
if you mean micro-fiber, then you better check the tags

there are 3 different types

1, you can clean with soap and water
2, you can't use water to clean - otherwise you get watermarks
3, you can use just about anything on it to clean

run a google on it, and don't do anything without testing it on a spot that doesn't show.
QFT

best thing to do is test a spot on the back of your sofa, clean it off let it dry to make sure it doesnt show water spots. often times you just want to dab it, and not scrub it. if you cant use water on it, make sure you use a solvent based cleaner and not a water basted cleaner. most microsuede/microfiber/eurosuede stuff is pretty easy to clean.

P

PURELY ORGASMIC

Tip...

Personally I'd use a Suede/Nubuck cleaner of some kind. I'd suggest a brand but I live in the UK and you probably won't have the same brand there. Go to your local supermarket (store) and see what they have in the cleaning section there...pretty sure they will have something that is 'perfect' for stain removal without having to use water and/or having to rinse the water & soap off!

I did research the cleaning techniques for you via google, however, most suggest water and mild detergent *scrunches up nose* ... look for after-care labels inside the seat covers or under the sofa. Honestly though, I'd suggest a stain remover from the store rather than water/detergent.

Good luck.

:D

lilconnornorton

Dec 9, 2004
i got one a few months ago, it came with its own cleaner to use. something called 'stainsafe', might want to look for that at a furniture place

Dopie Opie

Oct 22, 2004
Nail polish remover.

That and the Mr. Clean Magic eraser, I shit you not this thing works on everything.

ImAlrightSpider

I paid $2 a month for O&A and I LIKED it!
Feb 20, 2006
Natick, MA
You can clean couches? I thought you had to throw them out and get a new one!

izzy izkowitz

Chris Hansen is my hero
May 23, 2007
I actually had good luck with a mr clean magic eraser. it left a little white residue but that cleaned right up with a damp cloth and the stain was gone. try it in an inconspicuous spot first though.

Mort

How Many Assholes We Got On This Ship, Anyhow?
Feb 15, 2006
Seattle, WA
Dude, the Magic Eraser is truly magic. I've never tried it on microfiber, though. I was actually wondering the same thing, and also wondering why I threw away the tags when the couch was delivered.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Two dogs:

Dog 1 sleeps on sofa and drools all over the place.

Dog 2 comes over and licks drool area for almost 1/2 hour.

Repeat as needed.

Fuck Crosby

Bills. Beers. Broads.
Feb 8, 2006
Rochester
If it's micro-fiber you can buy a special kind of cleaner for it. We have it at work, i can get the name for you tomorrow if you want