Anyone know what to do for a neck stinger

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
ice it down. dont use heat.

Put ice on it for 10 minutes then off for 10 minutes.
Do this three times

That should help

Maynard K

Get it right, it's Dopey & Aintfunny!
Nov 5, 2004
NJ
Neck is a broad stroke, where about on your neck? Front, side, back, spinal?
Was it a foot/fist to the neck or was it from pushing your head off the mat?
I'd get the same pinched nerve in my neck from flat benching by pushing my head back too hard on the bench. So I stopped flat bench all together and it's been fine.
Nothings worse than a neck injury, it takes a good week before it starts feeling better. I'd say ice it to bring down any swelling. Yes, ice and alcohol, plenty of both.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
In a hot tub having a snow ball fight.
Cut your throat open then reach in and pull the stinger straight through. This way the barb on the stinger won't rip out any excess flesh!!:action-sm:rolleyes:

Or just carry a gun and you won't need to take those MMA classes anymore.

N

Norton's Robe

Take up quilting instead

ChimneyFish

They ruined my childhood
Sep 10, 2005
Tien's Landing
I used to get these at least once a week.
You can put the ice on get rid of any swelling, but other than that, I don't know that there is much you can do.
And since you are in a sport/activity that doesn't allow any sort of shoulder protection, get used to the idea of getting these from time to time.

As a very wise, stoned man once said: "Walk it off, deek."

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
I used to get these at least once a week.
You can put the ice on get rid of any swelling, but other than that, I don't know that there is much you can do.
And since you are in a sport/activity that doesn't allow any sort of shoulder protection, get used to the idea of getting these from time to time.

As a very wise, stoned man once said: "Walk it off, deek."
If you have any pins and needles down your arms, or a tinging with loss of feeling in your hands, GO TO A DOCTOR.

(I have four fucked up discs in my neck, so I's knows what I be talkin' about, brother man.)

Shaggz

Slaying Zombies
Jan 26, 2005
Kentucky
I got a very small one last week from washing the dishes, tough work man.
Really though, I just turned my head to the right and it felt like someone stabbed me in the neck.

Capt.Caveman

Totally unlikeable
Jan 13, 2005
closer to a playground then allowed by law
my necks a lil stiff still but no real pain anymore. i did have tingling when it 1st happened. but it went away. i'm taking it easy for a week so hopefully it goes away completely. i'm competring on the 5th so i need this healed

ChimneyFish

They ruined my childhood
Sep 10, 2005
Tien's Landing
If you have any pins and needles down your arms, or a tinging with loss of feeling in your hands, GO TO A DOCTOR.

(I have four fucked up discs in my neck, so I's knows what I be talkin' about, brother man.)
That could very well be why I'm 32 and have the back of a 98 year-old-man.:rolleyes:

Used to happen every game in high school.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Neck is a broad stroke, where about on your neck? Front, side, back, spinal?
Was it a foot/fist to the neck or was it from pushing your head off the mat?
I'd get the same pinched nerve in my neck from flat benching by pushing my head back too hard on the bench. So I stopped flat bench all together and it's been fine.
Nothings worse than a neck injury, it takes a good week before it starts feeling better. I'd say ice it to bring down any swelling. Yes, ice and alcohol, plenty of both.
QFT

We need more info man. I too used to get neck injuries all the time when I wrestled in high school. The nature of the injury is more important to know than the fact that your neck is just injured.

AFA

Mar 13, 2008
I got a stinger last night at my mma class. i was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get rid of it and prevent it from happening again
I used to get them playing football but i built up the muscle around my shoulders by doing tricep pushdowns with straight arms and that worked and i got the idea from somebody else who had that problem and said it worked.

askewcore

Why am I Mr. Sparkle?
Dec 5, 2004

You mean like lasting pain? I used to get stingers all the time when I played football and they always felt like a bad case of pins and needles. Its been a few years since I played football or had a stinger, but I sure dont want no fucked up neck discs.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
You mean like lasting pain? I used to get stingers all the time when I played football and they always felt like a bad case of pins and needles. Its been a few years since I played football or had a stinger, but I sure dont want no fucked up neck discs.
Yeah man, if you've ever felt pins and needles in your limbs after a neck injury I'd go get an x-ray, even if it happened 20 years ago.

Capt.Caveman

Totally unlikeable
Jan 13, 2005
closer to a playground then allowed by law
it's just sore now it's more in my shoulder now. what happened is i went for a hip throw and didn't get it i was off balance and got slammed into a wall. my head went to the side then my shoulder hit. i thought my shoulder popped when it happened but then i felt the pins and needles. now my shoulder to my trap is sore. my neck feels fine but i feel weak in that arm