Anyone Playing Sonic Mania?

Floyd1977

So far, a good throwback to the Genesis Sonic era. Good mix of nostalgic levels with new ones.

However, they still love to keep the bonus stages crippling hard. And they still love that "get the blue spheres" bonus level that they introduced in Sonic 3 and held onto it for every other Sonic 2D game on the Genesis. This time around, there's about 30 of those stages and none of them are easy. Why did they never revist the half pipe bonus stage from Sonic 2? I actually liked those. Challenge is good, but I'd like to be able to have a chance at winning without being an autistic Asian kid.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Anyone Playing Sonic Mania?

Florentine voice: "No, I'm not five."

LiddyRules

She Is Not My BFF. She Is Not.
So far, a good throwback to the Genesis Sonic era. Good mix of nostalgic levels with new ones.

However, they still love to keep the bonus stages crippling hard. And they still love that "get the blue spheres" bonus level that they introduced in Sonic 3 and held onto it for every other Sonic 2D game on the Genesis. This time around, there's about 30 of those stages and none of them are easy. Why did they never revist the half pipe bonus stage from Sonic 2? I actually liked those. Challenge is good, but I'd like to be able to have a chance at winning without being an autistic Asian kid.
I've thought about getting it. I've been playing the Mega Man Legacy Collection lately, and I like returning to those old games. Not because NOSTALGIA!, member Air Man?!? but because I'm enjoying having games where I don't have to sit through hours of cut scenes or use 20 keys and a mouse in order to do anything or where you can accomplish something in just 15 minutes. The old fashioned simplicity of ~5 buttons is very relaxing. Though re-playing those old games, it's a wonder how younger you were able to beat them in a single night.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Most 2D Sonic is great shit. I'm giving it a try, and so far it's just what I'd hoped for. The bonus levels are a pain in the balls, which is great.

I'll throw this lil bugger here also. For a fan made thing? Go give it a shot.