anyone road bike/cycle?

mrfarstucker

Apr 24, 2006
NH (Seacoast Region)
I try to ride a few times a week... typically 15-25 miles, but occasionally I'll do longer rides on the weekend. I have a Specialized Secteur.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Dec 9, 2005
Arizona
My craigslist replacement. Nishiki all steel, bar end shifters, $90. Another $100 in updates and it'll be ready to go.

Saddle - check

Suicide lever bushing cracked - got a pair off ebay for 9.00

Took an hour to scrape off that tape tonight...

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Dec 9, 2005
Arizona

Pedals and a mount for a better FUCKING LOCK installed tonight. Won't get the brake lever bushing til Saturday - aaarrrgghhhhh.

mr. sin

Mar 30, 2005
RALEIGH, NC

Pedals and a mount for a better FUCKING LOCK installed tonight. Won't get the brake lever bushing til Saturday - aaarrrgghhhhh.

toss on some lizard skin bar tape...nice and tacky and durable!

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Dec 9, 2005
Arizona

Shake down ride this am. Dropped the chain once, new brakes still squeaking, and breaking in a saddle still sucks. Felt great to ride again though. 30 years old, but this thing is still 10 times better than any walmart bike. Has narrower handlebar than before so that's taking some getting used to, as well shifters that aren't indexed - but for exercise around here (pretty flat) you only need a couple gears in all honesty. My first bike was a Nishiki, and here I am again - and just as excited.

I hope karma hits the fucker that stole my Fuji like a freight train - literally.

mr. sin

Mar 30, 2005
RALEIGH, NC
finished my 1st metric century today. we rode out at 830am and i finished 4hrs37mins even after taking the wrong turn for the 100m course and riding that for a few mins lol!

my ass is numb and i am tired!

ironman25dc

A Smug Cunt Who Loves The Cock
Jun 1, 2004
Chicago, IL
finished my 1st metric century today. we rode out at 830am and i finished 4hrs37mins even after taking the wrong turn for the 100m course and riding that for a few mins lol!

That's awesome! Congrats.

I do ironman triathlon so I do spend a lot of time on my custom made Felt cycle.

mr. sin

Mar 30, 2005
RALEIGH, NC
That's awesome! Congrats.

I do ironman triathlon so I do spend a lot of time on my custom made Felt cycle.

omgzzz thought you were a comic fan lol! jk!

post some pics of your felt please. i was gonna buy a felt but i got a deal i couldnt refuse for my cervelo

your next ironman you should do the raleigh 1 next year. both winners said it was 1 of the best courses they ever attended.
http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/ironman-70.3/raleigh/register/ironman-foundation.aspx

after 2day i need to go have my ass fitted for a seatwith the ass-o-meter lol!

my ass hurts and i have lots of numbness from my balls and cheeks

and thank god for a marathon stick as my lateralis quad muscles are fried prob from all those hill climbs

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
I ride a 2011 Cannondale Caadx6 Cyclocross

I primarily ride road, but there's some trails I ride too....best of both worlds. Usually ride 30-45miles a week

Upgrading next year to the Cannondale Caadx Ultegra disc

mrfarstucker

Apr 24, 2006
NH (Seacoast Region)

Congrats! I would need to train for quite a while to get up to 100 km. I did about half that last weekend, and I was wiped at the end.

mr. sin

Mar 30, 2005
RALEIGH, NC
Congrats! I would need to train for quite a while to get up to 100 km. I did about half that last weekend, and I was wiped at the end.
prepping for the 100k
started riding week of july 4th due to rainy weather so that week i rode approx 63miles

the following days till the ride yesterday i did about 50m total give or take again bad weather.

but i have been riding indoor cycling for almost 3 years 3-4 times a week 1 hour bymyself in a aero tt sprint and then the next hour in a class setting so i think those classes helped me big time!

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Dec 9, 2005
Arizona
Short ride after work, but only 80 some degrees due to rain all day. Still tweaking the seat position, brakes are breaking in - and that steel frame is like peddling a Barcalounger (without the weight) - amazingly comfortable ride.

Crazy how great you feel when you find the one activity that just pushes all the right buttons and never gets old.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Dec 9, 2005
Arizona
Weather finally breaking - at least at 4AM when I get an hour in every morning now. Much easier to enjoy when it's 68 degrees than 105. Got 40 miles in Sunday - my $100 bike is performing beautifully. Only tweaks needed are wider bars with updated drops and re-position the levers up a little.

Still using the mall parking lot for weekday rides, the parking garage ramp makes a nice hill sprint run and its 1 mile around the loop so easy to track progress.

mr. sin

Mar 30, 2005
RALEIGH, NC
Weather finally breaking - at least at 4AM when I get an hour in every morning now. Much easier to enjoy when it's 68 degrees than 105. Got 40 miles in Sunday - my $100 bike is performing beautifully. Only tweaks needed are wider bars with updated drops and re-position the levers up a little.

Still using the mall parking lot for weekday rides, the parking garage ramp makes a nice hill sprint run and its 1 mile around the loop so easy to track progress.

its nice and chilly today here in raleigh

thinking about going for a decent ride also

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Dec 9, 2005
Arizona
New bar and grips-can you say BACON?!?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

*fuck tapatalk *

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Dec 9, 2005
Arizona
My grips look like bacon. Will post tonight. Yes, I think it's hilarious.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

wrinkletard

How'd your 360 die?
Sep 30, 2004
I have several road bikes and mountain bikes, I'm a bike messenger and love it. I bought a Fat Bike from Bikesdirect it just arrived, really sweet bike. My favorite bike is my electric Giant Twist Freedom.

Last edited:

wrinkletard

How'd your 360 die?
Sep 30, 2004
I have those lugs on my Bianchi what kind of bike is that. I couldn't locate the lugs anywhere until now I thinkmy bike is from the 70s. Are they painted gold around the edges?

freddyfox

May 19, 2009
Albuquerque
I bought a Fat Bike from Bikesdirect
Cool! I bought a my first road bike from bikesdirect about three ago:
http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/dawes/lt_dt_xiii.htm

The white one. The only stock items on it now are: the frame, forks, and shifters. Everything else has been changed and upgraded through trading or eBay. It's a great, inexpensive, entry level road bike now but I've since realized the importance of a bike's weight. My next road bike will be a significantly better brand/build but for now my low-end Dawes is fine. The wheels are trued, everything is aligned and working properly. I bought that bike because at the time I couldn't justify spending a lot of money on a new hobby (cycling). We all know people who have blown $1000-$2000+ on a road bike only to have it sit unused for ages. Three years later I'm still cycling. It stuck. I ride twice a week about 8 to 13 miles per trip. The city I live in is a haven for cyclists. Lots of people have moved here for the cycling alone.

http://www.cabq.gov/parksandrecreation/recreation/bike/bike-map

I'm looking at spending $1000 max on my next road bike (50cm). Any suggestions on make/model I should keep my eye on?

wrinkletard

How'd your 360 die?
Sep 30, 2004

Shake down ride this am. Dropped the chain once, new brakes still squeaking, and breaking in a saddle still sucks. Felt great to ride again though. 30 years old, but this thing is still 10 times better than any walmart bike. Has narrower handlebar than before so that's taking some getting used to, as well shifters that aren't indexed - but for exercise around here (pretty flat) you only need a couple gears in all honesty. My first bike was a Nishiki, and here I am again - and just as excited.

I hope karma hits the fucker that stole my Fuji like a freight train - literally.
We have the identical bike only mine is a bianchi, same color can you tell me what year or what type of steel it is or country of manufacture maybe?

Last edited:

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Dec 9, 2005
Arizona
Nishiki Olympic Royale - Japanese-made, all steel, 1977 per the SN. Yes, the lugs were pinstriped in gold. Suntour bar-cons work flawlessly, brakes are finally dialed in - and I ride up a lot so I like the suicide levers. Lost the TT saddle and got something a little more comfy. Went from 380mm bars to 430mm - soooo much nicer for my wide shoulders. I'm a happy boy.