Anyone see this ? ( NAB seeks to kill merger )

Jun 20, 2005
The merger would be a good thing for O&A. They have a very small satellite listening audience. O&A are not bringing in xm subs. Least a merger would offer a wider listening audience, and a potential for a larger fan base.
just my opinion, have fun bashing....lol

:action-sm

LiLJimmysHog

Professional negative prick
Dec 18, 2005
The merger would be a good thing for O&A. They have a very small satellite listening audience. O&A are not bringing in xm subs. Least a merger would offer a wider listening audience, and a potential for a larger fan base.

What? They are like the number 1 show on XM. :huh: "O&A are not bringing in xm subs" :huh:How exactly would a merger change that? How many millions do O&A get to on a daily basis?

jules

uppity taxpayer
Jul 24, 2005
south jersey

you are just another ass that posts shit to derail threads and get everyone pissed off.
another trolling nerd. fuck off:action-sm

the nab are a bunch of asses that have allowed regular radio to get as bad as it is today.
i hope the deal goes through just to kick them in the balls.

Polack

Who is John Galt?
Aug 25, 2005
What? They are like the number 1 show on XM. :huh: "O&A are not bringing in xm subs" :huh:How exactly would a merger change that? How many millions do O&A get to on a daily basis?
Though I can't stand passive aggresive attempt to bash the boys, you are right on them not being the number 1 show. For anyone to think that OandA are beating Hannity or 20on20 is just being nieve. There are alot of channels on XM that are beating OandA. Just look at the numbers that cancelled when they got suspended. It didn't even hit the average that cancels every month. Sirius would be a nightmare for the boys. At least if they stayed with XM they would have keep growing and eventually be the top channel on XM. And for you to say that they are not bringing in the subs is just fucking ridiculous. I for one bought five subs just so my drivers could hear them. 2 out of three love the show. So theres two more subs to add to the OandA side.

NortonsGravyLeg

Aug 20, 2005
Phoenix
Besides why would it matter. As if in some way them extending the time line will make a difference in the end. You have two companies hell bent of merging and they will if the govt allows it. The NAB is trying everything out of sheer desperation to stop, or slow down the death of terrestrial radio.

NortonsGravyLeg

Aug 20, 2005
Phoenix
Though I can't stand passive aggresive attempt to bash the boys, you are right on them not being the number 1 show. For anyone to think that OandA are beating Hannity or 20on20 is just being nieve. There are alot of channels on XM that are beating OandA. Just look at the numbers that cancelled when they got suspended. It didn't even hit the average that cancels every month. Sirius would be a nightmare for the boys. At least if they stayed with XM they would have keep growing and eventually be the top channel on XM. And for you to say that they are not bringing in the subs is just fucking ridiculous. I for one bought five subs just so my drivers could hear them. 2 out of three love the show. So theres two more subs to add to the OandA side.
Not to bust balls but you saying all this about people being naive and not having the facts right. Where are yours from? I can see 20 on 20 or Hannity being more popular but where do you get your info. As far as the amount of people who cancelled being lower than the average who cancels each month again where does that come from? I'm not saying you're lying but when talking about numbers and shit at least say where you got them from. Especially when trying to debunk someone elses "naive" comments.

Polack

Who is John Galt?
Aug 25, 2005
Not to bust balls but you saying all this about people being naive and not having the facts right. Where are yours from? I can see 20 on 20 or Hannity being more popular but where do you get your info. As far as the amount of people who cancelled being lower than the average who cancels each month again where does that come from? I'm not saying you're lying but when talking about numbers and shit at least say where you got them from. Especially when trying to debunk someone elses "naive" comments.
I don't remember all the channels that beat them but I know it was 20on20 and Hannity that topped. There was a survey(official or unofficial I don't know) that was taken via the phone asking what channels existing subscribers listen to. I saw it on one of these damn messageboards. There were over ten channels above 202. The cancellations was a PAC number they posted compared to the numbers XM releases about there quarterly cancellations. Not everyone get's XM for OandA. Out of the ten or so friends I know of that have it I'm the only one listening to 202 still. Some have tried but they go for the music and Sports talk now.

LiLJimmysHog

Professional negative prick
Dec 18, 2005
If memory serves me correctly Hugh Panero had stated a while back that 202 was one of XM's most popular channels, Eric Logan has also said so, and so have O and A. That is what my comment on them being number 1 is based on. Not some unofficial telephone poll. As far as poll numbers go. Here is a poll http://rankthese.com/poll.aspx?Pollid=51. The number 1 channel is 202. But then again the 26th channel is Norton and Friends, and number 107 is Dragon Wagon. Thats why I based my comment on those from the company and not some poll. So who is being naive <---correct spelling by the way, and I didn't get that from a poll either. :action-sm:action-sm

Polack

Who is John Galt?
Aug 25, 2005
If memory serves me correctly Hugh Panero had stated a while back that 202 was one of XM's most popular channels, Eric Logan has also said so, and so have O and A. That is what my comment on them being number 1 is based on. Not some unofficial telephone poll. As far as poll numbers go. Here is a poll http://rankthese.com/poll.aspx?Pollid=51. The number 1 channel is 202. But then again the 26th channel is Norton and Friends, and number 107 is Dragon Wagon. Thats why I based my comment on those from the company and not some poll. So who is being naive <---correct spelling by the way, and I didn't get that from a poll either. :action-sm:action-sm
Do you honestly think Hugh Penero, Elo, and OandA would come on their channel and tell the listeners that OandA were in tenth behind a stupid music channel. Granted my facts aren't set in stone but the poll you found was obviously shown on the messageboards and 20,000 active members went to it and showed their support for OandA. I think the boys should be number one and will continue to tell people to sign up and listen in hopes that they are one day. But until the asshats in this country stop listening to shitty music it's gonna be tough.

23 Skidoo

She ENTICED me
Jun 7, 2006
West Haven, CT
I don't think Panero, Logan & the boys would say ANYTHING if they didn't have the #1 listened to channel. The fact that Logan has said so on the record seems to me to make it likely they are in fact #1. If you're tenth place, I think you keep your mouth shut about the ratings.

And no, I don't think 20on20 is the most frequently listened to, because they play the same 20 songs all day. That's the kind of channel you check out for a while, rather than Lingering Longer. Who knows.... maybe they have some way of telling not only how many people check out a channel, but how long those people listen.

iSpeakEloquent

HENRIK LUUUUUUUUUUUNDQVIST
Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
one of the most listened to channels, they are the highest grossing revenue channel cuz of the commericals. bob dylan supposedly has 1.7 million listeners a week but has no commercials so technically he's worthless to xm after he brings in his share of subs.

ShavedLebaneseBear

Question: What kind of bear is best?
Oct 17, 2002
West Coast

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
Staten Island, NY
"Sirius also has perhaps the biggest name in talk radio, Howard Stern, with two separate stations, while XM can offer only Opie and Anthony in the shock jock category. "

DIE. :mad4:
Fucking assholes. Do they actually think it's still 1990? "Can only offer Opie and Anthony"?!!! When's the last time Howard actually did something that anyone even cared about besides his usual zombies, staff and shareholders (and Mel)?