Anyone watching Twilight Zone on CBS All Access?

I decided to make the plunge and check it out. So far I'm pretty pissed off with the direction it is taking. I'm one of the biggest Rod Serling fan and love the original 60's version and I even thought the 80's reboot was mostly decent. So what do we have this time? Nothing twilight about it....it's all The Woke Zone. Serling was never afraid to shy away from making villains out of current events, but of the three episodes so far, it's been nothing but a minority ass-kissing fest. I guess we can't have a show anymore that doesn't portray whitey as the ultimate villain in every scenario.
Maybe I'm being harsh. But the third episode with the time travel camera......of course it's the evil white cop shooting the poor black kid doing good. Ugh.

Anyone else watch? Do I need to get over it?

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
I'm gonna keep on checking it out, at least for now, but you're absolutely correct. The "twilight" part of this seems to be all about virtue signaling the poor black/marginalized narrative. Shit, they even put a black lives matter banner front and center of "rewind".

SKEPTIC

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
I decided to make the plunge and check it out. So far I'm pretty pissed off with the direction it is taking. I'm one of the biggest Rod Serling fan and love the original 60's version and I even thought the 80's reboot was mostly decent. So what do we have this time? Nothing twilight about it....it's all The Woke Zone. Serling was never afraid to shy away from making villains out of current events, but of the three episodes so far, it's been nothing but a minority ass-kissing fest. I guess we can't have a show anymore that doesn't portray whitey as the ultimate villain in every scenario.
Maybe I'm being harsh. But the third episode with the time travel camera......of course it's the evil white cop shooting the poor black kid doing good. Ugh.

Anyone else watch? Do I need to get over it?
It's Jordan Peele.

"I don't see myself casting a white dude as the lead in my movie. Not that I don't like white dudes," he said, nodding over to his moderator pal Roberts. "But I've seen that movie." The line drew loud applause and shouts of agreement. "It really is one of the best, greatest pieces of this story, is feeling like we are in this time — a renaissance has happened and proved the myths about representation in the industry are false."
Jordan Peele on Making Movies After 'Us': "I Don't See Myself Casting a White Dude As the Lead"

From the Hollywood Reporter, which is so woke, natch

I think the Hollywood Reporter writer here is in a protected/sacred identity group

Last edited:

Bobobie

This is what I figured. I'm glad that I didn't have to watch it myself to see the direction it was going for. Identity politics have taken over a lot of shows. American Gods "The Book" looks nothing like the Black Livers Matters TV version.

DiggerNick

Donator
Reviews have been bad. Blame that on eeville whitey; the same people who made Peele's SIMPSONS knock-off a huge success.