Apple offers $100 rebate on iPhone

Grem

Enjoying life one T-Cell at a time.
Oct 4, 2006
Worksop, England, United Kingdom
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5glOuKJtP3SJdaKrg09qLK6zDTE-Q

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118910651781519626.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Facing a backlash from early buyers of the iPhone, Apple Inc. said it would issue a $100 credit for Apple Stores to iPhone users who paid full price for the product.

The move, announced by Apple CEO Steve Jobs in a letter posted on Apple's Web site, was meant to assuage the bitterness early iPhone users began to express following Apple's announcement Wednesday that it was cutting by $200 the price of Apple's $599 iPhone. Early iPhone users vented their frustration about the price cut on in online discussion forums throughout yesterday evening and today.

In the letter addressed to all iPhone customers, Mr. Jobs said he personally received hundreds of emails from iPhone customers who "are upset about Apple dropping the price of iPhone by $200 two months after it went on sale."

He apologized for disappointing iPhone customers and said that anyone who bought the Apple cellphone in an Apple or AT&T Inc. store, who isn't eligible for a rebate, can receive a $100 Apple store credit. Mr. Jobs said further details will be posted on Apple's Web site next week.

Mr. Jobs said, in his over 30 year career, the "technology road is bumpy," and there is "always someone who bought a product before a particular cutoff dates and misses the new price of the new operating system or the new whatever."

"This is life in the technology lane," he wrote. "If you always wait for the next price cut or to buy the new improved model, you'll never buy any technology product because there is always something better and less expensive on the horizon."
Maybe this should make Jimmy a little happier.

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
It's way too much but I say a nice big FU to the tools that have to have their toys first...tough shit to them...but hey, enough of them are whiney geeks who went to town on Reddit and Digg and it gained steam...but I dont feel sorry for anyone early adopters.

Just like any tool who runs out and buys that Touch iPod now is a douche...8 or 16 gig...like a 30 and 60 wont be out soon

deadfruitvirus

One character short :(
Mar 3, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Why didn't the game companies offer rebates for their consoles before they slashed prices for the holidays? The iPhone faggots are acting like a bunch of entitled cunts.

AssOrgy

Feb 10, 2006
Boston
I was a douche that got it the first day. And let the bashing start...But I f'n love it!!! Totally worth it.

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
It looks really neat, but I'd never use it. I won't be getting one anytime soon, even if they get better cell coverage.

I may get a newer gen iPod though, my old U2 one is getting kinda beat up and locks up occasionally.

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
didn't know Jobs was that much of a pussy...fuck these whiny bastards everyone knows that if you buy a new product right away you are gonna pay more and more than likely have to deal with a few bugs that won't be fixed until generation 2 or 3 of a product if you have to be the douche who just HAS to have everything right away then deal with the consequenses faggots

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
didn't know Jobs was that much of a pussy...fuck these whiny bastards everyone knows that if you buy a new product right away you are gonna pay more and more than likely have to deal with a few bugs that won't be fixed until generation 2 or 3 of a product if you have to be the douche who just HAS to have everything right away then deal with the consequenses faggots
But Apple is all about their "community"...

Sorry, had to pause tfor a sec, I threw up in my own mouth a little there.