TV Archer 1999 (Archer Season 10 - Alien/Firefly/Expanse-themed)

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
This kinda sneaked up on me. I'd heard this would be the last before, and so thought Archer would be coming out of the coma and they would end on the Isis theme. No go. Adam Reed is leaving, but Archer's still in the coma, and we're still in fantasyland. FXX hasn't committed to more after this, but it's a question again whether this is definitely the last.

Still, even if there was a chance it would come back, I have a feeling it's all over after this with the anti-Georgia abortion sentiment right now. This production would probably have to move if there's a season 11, and it's made in Georgia because it was cheap, so...

Anyhow, I hope this supposed last season doesn't get any backlash due to that.

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line
I thought this would be about what an unwatchable shit show Archer has been the past two seasons but thank God we can tie it back into abortion laws. Thanks Wackbag.

So what's the appropriate response? Are we now pro-coma Archer because if we aren't the liberals win?

Radioguy

Shitshow topic aside, which might have been something to legitimately discuss, I brought the Georgia thing up, as the outro is fairly prominent...even to a blind person. It wasn't your miscalculated assumption I brought it up because I took a defensive stance on the reason it's topical.

You really are becoming more easily triggered these days.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
If it means stopping Archer, the Georgia law will put an end to more than just female abortions.

LiddyRules

Shitshow topic aside, which might have been something to legitimately discuss,
You mean discussing Archer in an Archer thread might have been a thing to legitimately discuss?!? !? Shucks!

I brought the Georgia thing up, as the outro is fairly prominent...even to a blind person. It wasn't your miscalculated assumption I brought it up because I took a defensive stance on the reason it's topical.

You really are becoming more easily triggered these days.
Just so you know, I'm smart enough - and I hope most people on this board are smart enough - to recognize that saying that I'm "triggered" is a cheap, shorthand way to discredit as irrational/emotional my not agreeing/disagreeing/mocking/playing devil's advocate (basically everything I've been doing here for the past 14 years) whatever your playbook says. I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt that it's a joke, but you're traditionally not one of the funnier posters here. But you are a good little soldier. At least you haven't accused me of having TDS.

Radioguy

Just so you know, I'm smart enough - and I hope most people on this board are smart enough - to recognize that saying that I'm "triggered" is a cheap, shorthand way to discredit as irrational/emotional my not agreeing/disagreeing/mocking/playing devil's advocate (basically everything I've been doing here for the past 14 years) whatever your playbook says. I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt that it's a joke, but you're traditionally not one of the funnier posters here. But you are a good little soldier. At least you haven't accused me of having TDS.
I drew more blood than I ever intended here.

It's been clear, if you had read my less frequent, yet still hilarious, posts more carefully that I'm not the right-wing nut you seem to imply. I think I ended up agreeing more than not with the majority of your intelligible opinions on the topics of the day. That's what surprises me here. I find much of your posts quite funny and informed, and when I decided to crack the knuckles and debate with you one of the smaller points that I didn't agree with over the years, enjoyed our little debates.

To be equally clear, I just so happen to have a problem with what's going on down in peach country, but that's not what I started the thread for. It's wasn't a cowardly way to express the oppositeby lighting a match and running away. I really was just pointing out something that probably will come up with this show (at least in some quarters) coming back right now. It's fucking said out loud in the show. Whatever other faults that should and could sink this show, I really hope it's not this. As I'd said in past season threads, I hate the way the show has gone. I wanted one last return to form before it's put to rest, and we're not getting that here. I really expected that discourse more than anything else.

Like I said, I really wasn't looking to light a match, but you have shown how much gasoline you are covering yourself in right now.

Bobobie

Other than the Cocaine dealing one, the different themed seasons have all sucked. I don't think the old ISIS/Spy thing is ever coming back. First episode "Hello, Cyborg Barry."

Pickle

Can’t remember if it was here or twitter, but someone pointed out that Netflix has been filming in Egypt without any issues, and abortion is illegal there.

No matter your feelings on the issue, it is abundantly clear that companies like Netflix and Disney are virtue-signaling the “Muh body Muh rights” neofeminist narrative and probably consider it a bonus to deny business to a state in which Stacy Abrams lost to a man whose campaign ads featured him bragging that he has a big pickup truck “in case I need to round up some illegals and take em back myself”.

“Yep. I just said that”

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
So... not loving this season so far. Just rehashed jokes... IN SPACE!

I hate that I feel like this, but I need this show to end if they're not going to wake Archer up.

Floyd1977

So... not loving this season so far. Just rehashed jokes... IN SPACE!

I hate that I feel like this, but I need this show to end if they're not going to wake Archer up.
Though, I’m not disliking it as much as the past two seasons. Maybe it’s because they haven’t fucked with the characters as much, other than making Pam an alien monster but essentially the same character.

Noticed they dropped the coma prologue as well. Maybe if the show continues it’s just going to forget that “real” Archer even existed.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
I still wish we'd gotten one more season or "real world" Archer. If this is the last season, they're going out in the coma, I guess. Unless he either wakes up last ep, or dies.

Bobobie

Judy Greer seems like she would be too much aggravation to get to that place. That voice would get old fast.

Radioguy

Judy Greer seems like she would be too much aggravation to get to that place. That voice would get old fast.
I've seen enough of her that those particular auditory nerve endings have numbed enough to say what the hell to the rest.

LiddyRules

I've watched the first four episodes (half the season) in between watching the fantastic Too Old To Die Young and it's making me wonder if Archer was ever good. It's better than Danger Island - to be fair - but were the characters always this shitty? Since the jokes definitely fit the Archer mold. So do the characters, even if it feels like Cyril has nothing to do. But everything is falling flat. You can see where the jokes are, but it feels "That is an Archer joke written in the style of an Archer joke. Joke completed."

LiddyRules

There was also a line where Space Lana says to Space Archer, "you're going to die alone. You're always going to die alone." And I'd like to imagine they thought that line was going to get the speculation threads agoing about Archer's fate, but it didn't because no one cares.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
I've watched the first four episodes (half the season) in between watching the fantastic Too Old To Die Young and it's making me wonder if Archer was ever good. It's better than Danger Island - to be fair - but were the characters always this shitty? Since the jokes definitely fit the Archer mold. So do the characters, even if it feels like Cyril has nothing to do. But everything is falling flat. You can see where the jokes are, but it feels "That is an Archer joke written in the style of an Archer joke. Joke completed."
I remember coming to the conclusion during Archer Noir, that without the jokes this show is just people yelling at each other for 22 minutes.

I wonder if we went back and re-watched some of the prior seasons, would the jokes hold up or would the stink of the post ISIS episodes taint our view of the show.

Bobobie

It was good when it was episodic. I was hoping Archer would wake up from a coma and everything after Isis losing their license was a dream.

LiddyRules

It was good when it was episodic. I was hoping Archer would wake up from a coma and everything after Isis losing their license was a dream.
By now, I never want them to return to the coma. I'd have more respect if Archer: 1999 ends with no ending. Final episode is another mediocre space mission, final moment is Archer making another mediocre quip about said mission.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
The first few episodes are rubbish, but the one with the doomsday guy has some good laughs.