Are the days of an FM show nearly over?

Chapel

Complete dickhead
Oct 4, 2004
Boston
Anthony seemed extremely concerned this morning with what Opie was saying...
I know their future with XM is still under question if the merger goes through (unless I'm "Doesn't Get the Bit Guy" today)

In YOUR opinion... how much longer is this FM gig gonna work?

To me, it seems like every day = :arrrh:

I hope this merger shit finishes up soon so we can determine the future...

Apr 22, 2005
Wow Ant was EXTREMELY uncomfortable wite Op this a.m.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
They still make money for the company and get ratings in markets. In all markets? No. But because the show didn't make money in Detroit or something doesn't mean they'll drop it from Boston/Buffalo/NYC.

nataskaos

He's no good to me dead.
Jul 7, 2006
BFE
enough with these fucking threads.
it will or it won't happen. you can't do a thing to change it.

listen and enjoy and stop fretting.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I hear the next big host of CBS's morning shows will be

wait for it

wait for it

Fucking douchebags. Thank god for Citadel.

Don't worry guys, O&A do always win in the end.

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Jul 27, 2006
jersey
I still have no faith in XM as their future. Mel and Howard can not be trusted.

Im wondering if the boys have become to big to go back to just doing a terrestrial NYC, Boston, Philly, Buffalo show.

Tax Payer

finaly something that offends white people
Apr 3, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I hear the next big host of CBS's morning shows will be

wait for it

wait for it

just great!.... another fucking black radio host....

what are we coming to?!?!

ringofhonor88

Opie's number 1 fan
Oct 29, 2006
They just have to pick one or the other. Go back to FM full time or xm only. If they pick FM there wouldnt be ratings problems. Plain and simple.

habeasrob

Mar 6, 2005
mobile, alabama
enough with these fucking threads.
it will or it won't happen. you can't do a thing to change it.

listen and enjoy and stop fretting.
Ummm, well as far as the merger goes, you can do something to stop it, contact your congressman and senators. These companies agreed not to merge prior to being granted their license. If they do not wish to conform with their license, then give back the license. Their inability to control their own spending is not a basis to absolve them from the agreements or to remove competition from the market. Directv and DSS were nto allowed to merge and nobody cared. A strong showing on this will defeat a merger. Unfortunately only 37 people give enough of a shit to actually do anything like call and write a letter to three different people.

As far as I am concerned good riddance to the FM portion, it has only served to water down the content, dilute the XM ratings and the hoped for "bigger guests" selling point never materialized.

BroGonzo

In between shots of bourbon
Jul 3, 2006
Cortland, New York

Wait, you mean the same Citadel that bought off all the locally-operated GOOD music stations, fired all the DJs, and replaced them with faceless national "hosts" like John Paul, the Pope of Rock and Roll, and craptacular music playlists to boot? Fuck Citadel, too.

nataskaos

He's no good to me dead.
Jul 7, 2006
BFE
Ummm, well as far as the merger goes, you can do something to stop it, contact your congressman and senators. .
I was speaking to the FM portion sir.
The merger discussion is something all together differennt, and I have sent letters voicing my discontent.

haider254

May 11, 2007
Finland
I certainly hope they get to keep the FM side, I enjoy it a lot, they usually get bigger guests on it, and it's a nice warm up in my opinion. I like them having to weave through the FCC & PC bullshit, it adds a little charm to the show. I wish the PC stuff wasn't there, but their moaning and commentary on it is usually funny stuff.

sniper

Front, and to the right...
Wackbag Staff
It's My Birthday!
Oct 13, 2004
Masshole
As far as I am concerned good riddance to the FM portion, it has only served to water down the content, dilute the XM ratings and the hoped for "bigger guests" selling point never materialized.
You mean like George Carlin, Richard Dreyfus, Chazz Palmentari etc...

Yeah, they suck compared to the mindless strippers of the XM only days. :icon_roll

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Wait, you mean the same Citadel that bought off all the locally-operated GOOD music stations, fired all the DJs, and replaced them with faceless national "hosts" like John Paul, the Pope of Rock and Roll, and craptacular music playlists to boot? Fuck Citadel, too.
Actually I was thinking of the same Citadel that has kept O&A on their stations and hired Imus despite the barkings of Rev. Al.

Fuck music stations, if I want music I'll listen to a fucking Ipod. I could care less if they all get bought up by Citadel and Clearchannel.

BroGonzo

In between shots of bourbon
Jul 3, 2006
Cortland, New York
Actually I was thinking of the same Citadel that has kept O&A on their stations and hired Imus despite the barkings of Rev. Al.

Fuck music stations, if I want music I'll listen to a fucking Ipod. I could care less if they all get bought up by Citadel and Clearchannel.
You know what? I'm a retard. It was ClearChannel that bought the stations around here and turned them into sludge. Citadel's okay with me, too.

EDIT - Never mind, I was right the first time. The local station here is now the property of Citadel. And now I'm wondering why anyone would even care.

ktfo22

Knocked the F--- Out
Mar 23, 2007
New Jersey
apparently the magic 8 ball points to their FM contract not being renewed come march '08.

I have no proof other than my 8 ball on this.

EDIT: and the magic 8 ball is the radio dentist.

May 24, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I don't know. I'm not in an FM market (Charlotte). However, I much prefer the content and format of the prior XM only shows. I could care less if big name guests come in. Plus, I pay for XM and it kinda aggravates me that dudes in NYC or wherever get it for free.

Rumrunner

bring back the walkover
Feb 20, 2006
Springfield, NJ
I certainly hope they get to keep the FM side, I enjoy it a lot, they usually get bigger guests on it, and it's a nice warm up in my opinion. I like them having to weave through the FCC & PC bullshit, it adds a little charm to the show. I wish the PC stuff wasn't there, but their moaning and commentary on it is usually funny stuff.

Hi haider254,
I agree with you, I also miss Ron and Fez on the free fm side, especially since I have a much easier time tuning into FM with 2 toddlers learning to speak. I wrote to the CBS execs on my disappointment of them being dropped by wysp, I know it probably won't do much, but won't hurt..

Here is the email list I used in case you want to write to them as well,

dan.mason@cbsradio.com, walter.berger@cbsradio.com, scott.herman@cbsradio.com, don.bouloukos@cbsradio.com, lisa.decker@cbsradio.com, david.goodman@cbsradio.com, richard.lobel@cbsradio.com, greg.strassel@cbsradio.com, joanne.hill@cbsradio.com, karen.mateo@cbsradio.com, chris.oliviero@cbsradio.com, john.mainelli@cbsradio.com glynn.walden@cbsradio.com, tchiusano@923freefm.com,

Cheers!

Zillax0rz

Fagor, King of Fags, Ruler of Fagonia
Jun 1, 2006
What was Ant saying this morning?

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
Hi haider254,
I agree with you, I also miss Ron and Fez on the free fm side, especially since I have a much easier time tuning into FM with 2 toddlers learning to speak. I wrote to the CBS execs on my disappointment of them being dropped by wysp, I know it probably won't do much, but won't hurt..

Here is the email list I used in case you want to write to them as well,

dan.mason@cbsradio.com, walter.berger@cbsradio.com, scott.herman@cbsradio.com, don.bouloukos@cbsradio.com, lisa.decker@cbsradio.com, david.goodman@cbsradio.com, richard.lobel@cbsradio.com, greg.strassel@cbsradio.com, joanne.hill@cbsradio.com, karen.mateo@cbsradio.com, chris.oliviero@cbsradio.com, john.mainelli@cbsradio.com glynn.walden@cbsradio.com, tchiusano@923freefm.com,

Cheers!
You e-mailed John Manelli? Lot of good he can do.

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
Jan 26, 2004
Austin TX
What was Ant saying this morning?
What I heard was "I have a divorce I must still pay for, I like gambling my FM money, I like my new house and car, I want to be a multi millionaire......." something like that.