Are there any BPM 81 fans here?

vice86

How do I look, Denny?
Nov 22, 2004
NYC/PA
i was el-oh-el'ing when I heard O&A bashing the music BPM plays....I love the stuff and listen to BPM if I'm not on 202. Just curious if there's other BPM fans or am I the only homo?

Lovin' Filo & Peri's ANTHEM track

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
Yes, i also love bananna juice drizzling down my ass.... (no homo)

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
I do. I think i like The System better since they play more techo/trance. BPM plays some really faggoty dance music sometimes.

But to be honest I dont really listen to any XM music stations in the car....because they sound like shit on a real stereo. 64kbps....pfffft

vice86

How do I look, Denny?
Nov 22, 2004
NYC/PA
I do. I think i like The System better since they play more techo/trance. BPM plays some really faggoty dance music sometimes.

But to be honest I dont really listen to any XM music stations in the car....because they sound like shit on a real stereo. 64kbps....pfffft
Yeah..BPM has its share of some corny tunes...ill listen to The System once and a while too.

Sound like shit? On the net it sounds like shit and when I had a unit in the car using the wireless FM transmitter sounded like shit...but not with the hardwired stereo I have in my current car....very clear and nice bass.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
Yeah..BPM has its share of some corny tunes...ill listen to The System once and a while too.

Sound like shit? On the net it sounds like shit and when I had a unit in the car using the wireless FM transmitter sounded like shit...but not with the hardwired stereo I have in my current car....very clear and nice bass.
Im very into sound quality. While XM's music isnt unlistenable, you can definately hear the compression used.

If you take a song playing on XM and the same on mp3, there's an extraordinary difference.

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Nov 22, 2004
Long Island
Im very into sound quality. While XM's music isnt unlistenable, you can definately hear the compression used.

If you take a song playing on XM and the same on mp3, there's an extraordinary difference.
QFT....How is it that a weak FM signal kicks the shit out of Satellite?

vice86

How do I look, Denny?
Nov 22, 2004
NYC/PA

well....a hardwired set up sounds WAY better than using the wireless FM transmitter in the car. Listening to channels 9, 20, 30, 81...they seem to sound high quality to me. Not as popular channels definitely sound low quality.

vice86

How do I look, Denny?
Nov 22, 2004
NYC/PA
QFT....How is it that a weak FM signal kicks the shit out of Satellite?
I don't know how you guys are saying XM sounds like shit on a car stereo...lol. Sounds like I'm listening to a CD when I'm listening to 81

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
Im using an Optical output on my XM, you cant get any better than that as far as being 'hardwired'

Anybody who thinks XM sounds as good as a CD either

1. Has a shitty/stock stereo
2. Is deaf

CD Quality is around 128kpbs, most of the mp3s i listen to are 160 or 192.

XM is 64kbps

192>160>128>64. Its simple math.

vice86

How do I look, Denny?
Nov 22, 2004
NYC/PA
Im using an Optical output on my XM, you cant get any better than that as far as being 'hardwired'

Anybody who thinks XM sounds as good as a CD either

1. Has a shitty/stock stereo
2. Is deaf

CD Quality is around 128kpbs, most of the mp3s i listen to are 160 or 192.

XM is 64kbps

192>160>128>64. Its simple math.
i know 64kbps sounds like shit...and that's the stream on the net....for soem reason on my stereo...sound like 96-128kbps to me.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
you might be right about the satcast being higher. I'll have to do some research and see if I can find the actual number.

One thing I will say, XM sounds better at times than others. I assume they rearrange bandwidth when needed.

vice86

How do I look, Denny?
Nov 22, 2004
NYC/PA
you might be right about the satcast being higher. I'll have to do some research and see if I can find the actual number.

One thing I will say, XM sounds better at times than others. I assume they rearrange bandwidth when needed.
Yeah..would be interesting to know the sound quality comging out of a car/home stereo with XM built in already. I'm not saying you're wrong...I was just really impressed by the sound quality difference going from a wireless FM unit to the stereo with XM built in.

Cybouncer

Not Fat, Big Boned!
Feb 26, 2006
Long Island, NY
I like the mixes on Sat nights.

Chris Cox, Denny Tsettos, Danny Taniglia, Chris the Greek, & at times the Matt Darry show isn't bad.

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
Throwing myself under the bus here. I like David Guetta and Tiesto. There are some good songs on BPM. My gym has it on all day too which is cool.

kevtv

Resident Music Nerd
May 31, 2004
Throwing myself under the bus here. I like David Guetta and Tiesto. There are some good songs on BPM. My gym has it on all day too which is cool.
In or around Oceanside? No kiddin!:icon_lol:

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005

do they also have ssome fag dancing infront of the gym as you walk in like Abercrombie and Fitch?

Mr. Joshua

Sep 7, 2007
I never listen to BPM....

I listen to XM82 The System. I almost always tune into Armin Van Burren's "A State Of Trance" show. Great melodies and song selection with his sets.

Jay Douglas

Wackbag's resident straight-acting homosexual
Apr 9, 2005
Greenville, North Carolina
HUGE BPM fan here, especially their Saturday night mixes. But I'm also gay, so I think I'm required to enjoy it by gay law.

kimothee

Token Gimpy Cunt
Aug 31, 2004
The Edge of the Water, Norf Jersey
OK, I'm ready to strangle O&A for doing their bit on BPM's music because (*sigh* - hanging head in shame) I now can't get enough of this shit! Seriously, I have it on as background music at work thru the XMRO and have it on one of my preprogrammed stations on the XM in my car.....and I'm more of a Boneyard and Big Tracks kind of girl!

Another cool XMRO discovery I made over the weekend is Channel 300 - makes you groan and giggle at the same time.

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
That is what the majority of music I listen to is. I find it hilarious how they (or anyone else) say it's for gay guys. I tend to see a higher concentration of unbelievably hot women at clubs that only play "buttery beats" vs. any other... well... anything. Hell, go to the winter music conference (a week of nothing but all types of "techno music" in miami) and tell me how unhetero it is. I have never seen a larger gathering of half dressed beautiful women in my life. And before anyone says that's just how Miami is, I know, but the amount of people shoots up like triple.

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
by the way... are any of you xm81 fans in the central Connecticut area? I am actually spinning this saturday night at this place called the Zen Bar in Farmington.