Are we officially in a cold civil war?

Pickle

And none of the above matters, especially 'pointing out that he does not live in 'Murica', as there's not a word in the discussion about where one lives geographically having any weight on the discussion whatsoever. Regardless if Lajikal is a troll-baiting assclown that loves nothing more than getting under peoples skin. Such as yourself with your initial comment. Toss him on ignore like many others already have, and move along.

We'd need one of those that know WB History very well. Or ask him directly.
Lols doesn’t get under my skin, so there’s no need for me to put him on ignore, but apparently pointing out he doesn’t live in America got under your skin.

Btw, read the thread title.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
If white supremacists can kill somewhere around four-hundred more people this year, they might actually compete with falling out of bed on the death count list. Truly, this is the epidemic of our times.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Lols doesn’t get under my skin, so there’s no need for me to put him on ignore, but apparently pointing out he doesn’t live in America got under your skin.

Btw, read the thread title.
Downplay it as hard as you like. Even add in that 1/2 cup of deflection. :)

If white supremacists can kill somewhere around four-hundred more people this year, they might actually compete with falling out of bed on the death count list. Truly, this is the epidemic of our times.
DO SOMETHING! NOW NOW NOW NOW REEEEEEEEEEEE!

lajikal

So on this track, it might get all the way up to what? 500 people?
Almost there.. :action-sm

FBI arrests Las Vegas man who allegedly wanted to shoot Jews, LGBTQ bar patrons

Feds say Las Vegas man had unregistered firearm, discussed attacking a synagogue
08/09/19

A Las Vegas man who prosecutors say discussed attacking an area synagogue was charged Friday in connection to bomb-making materials allegedly found in his home.

The Justice Department announced that Conor Climo, 23, was charged with one count of possession of an unregistered firearm, referring to the components for a bomb.

Prosecutors say Climo engaged in encrypted online conversations this year in which he allegedly used derogatory, racial, anti-Semitic and homophobic slurs.

He allegedly discussed attacking an area synagogue and surveilling a bar he believed to cater to the LGBT community, and also allegedly discussed making Molotov Cocktails and improvised explosive devices, prosecutors said.

Climo was arrested Thursday morning following an FBI-led Joint Terrorism Task Force investigation and made his first appearance before a judge Friday afternoon.

“Threats of violence motivated by hate and intended to intimidate or coerce our faith-based and LGBTQ communities have no place in this Country,” U.S. Attorney Nicholas Trutanich said in a statement. “Law enforcement in Nevada remains determined to use the full weight of our investigative resources to prevent bias-motivated violence before it happens.”

FBI Special Agent in Charge Aaron Rouse said the case shows how "the FBI will always be proactive to combat threats that cross a line from free speech to potential violence.”

Prosecutors say Climo was in communication with individuals who belong to a white supremacist organization that the Justice Department says promotes attacks on the federal government, minorities and the LGBT community.

Authorities say they seized a notebook during Climo’s arrest with several hand-drawn schematics for a potential Las Vegas-area attack and drawings of timed explosive devices.

Climo faces a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Multiple synagogues have been targeted in anti-Semitic attacks in the last year, with the most notable attacks striking the Pittsburgh-area Tree of Life synagogue where 11 people were shot dead in October and the Chabad of Poway synagogue in California where one person was killed and three were injured in April.

lajikal

We gotta catch these deplorable human beings.

Yesterdays Hero

What is being downplayed/deflected?
Your post. There's zero issue with anyone posting their thoughts on a cold civil war in america. Even less of a meaning behind it if they don't live in a US.

Even if it's the half-a-brain troll Lajikal.

the max

attempted murder? now honestly, what is that?
That guy makes the Zim Zam look like Ward Cleaver.

Anti-Semetic slurs? Should fit right in with the democratic party.

lajikal

Conor Climo, who was arrested Thursday, was connected to white supremacists though encrypted online conversations, federal prosecutors said.

After Climo's arrest, FBI agents said he told them he had acquired electronic components to build a bomb and that he wanted to mobilize an eight-man sniper platoon to shoot Jewish people either at a Las Vegas synagogue or some other location.

According to charging documents, an FBI bomb technician found bomb-making components and chemical compounds in Climo's bedroom. Federal agents said they also seized an AR-15 style rifle and a bolt-action rifle from the room.

Climo tried to recruit a homeless person to engage in "pre-attack surveillance" on a house of worship and wanted to target patrons of an LGBTQ bar on Fremont Street in downtown Las Vegas, federal prosecutors said in a statement.

Agents say Climo sketched images of such an attack in drawings that included two infantry squads attacking the bar with guns from the outside and one attacking it from the inside.

He allegedly told agents, according to FBI officials, that over the past two years he thought of several ideas to carry out an attack on Jews.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-man-who-allegedly-wanted-shoot-jews-n1041031

Yesterdays Hero

Conor Climo, who was arrested Thursday, was connected to white supremacists though encrypted online conversations, federal prosecutors said.

After Climo's arrest, FBI agents said he told them he had acquired electronic components to build a bomb and that he wanted to mobilize an eight-man sniper platoon to shoot Jewish people either at a Las Vegas synagogue or some other location.

According to charging documents, an FBI bomb technician found bomb-making components and chemical compounds in Climo's bedroom. Federal agents said they also seized an AR-15 style rifle and a bolt-action rifle from the room.

Climo tried to recruit a homeless person to engage in "pre-attack surveillance" on a house of worship and wanted to target patrons of an LGBTQ bar on Fremont Street in downtown Las Vegas, federal prosecutors said in a statement.

Agents say Climo sketched images of such an attack in drawings that included two infantry squads attacking the bar with guns from the outside and one attacking it from the inside.

He allegedly told agents, according to FBI officials, that over the past two years he thought of several ideas to carry out an attack on Jews.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-man-who-allegedly-wanted-shoot-jews-n1041031
What does regurgitating a story have to do with anything? Out of idle curiosity of course.

lajikal

How to Fight the New Domestic Terrorism
The U.S. should use its hard-won experience against al Qaeda and Islamic State to combat today’s surge of lethal white supremacist attacks

The Wall Street Journal
Aug. 9, 2019

Pittsburgh, Tallahassee, Poway, Jeffersontown and now El Paso—these American communities have been the scene since 2018 of the most lethal mass shootings connected to white supremacist ideology, but there have been many other lesser attacks and foiled plots. In the U.S., such terrorism has now eclipsed international jihadist terrorism in both frequency and severity. Events of the past week seem to have finally awoken the country to the reality of this threat, but our politicians are already bickering about what to do about it.

In fact, the formula for responding to America’s white supremacist terrorism emergency is quite clear—in part because of our hard-won experience fighting jihadists from al Qaeda and its spawn, Islamic State. We must swiftly and carefully apply the best practices of the two decades since Sept. 11, 2001, to counter this decade’s domestic terrorist threat—by passing new laws, increasing resources and enhancing investigative capabilities.

The post-9/11 lessons are particularly applicable, in part, because of the similarities between the jihadists and violent white supremacists. Both extremist movements depend on the anger of alienated young men, vulnerable to moral suasion and often lacking strong community or social bonds as moderating influences in their lives. Both depend on reaching and indoctrinating recruits via the internet.

Today’s white supremacist terrorists band together online, further radicalize themselves and fire one another up in much the same manner as their jihadist counterparts. White supremacists avidly network in the virtual world, whether or not they know each other in real life. They pick their targets and methods and then share their manifestos, pronouncements and even attacks, using social media platforms such as Gab and 8chan; the anti-Muslim extremist who murdered 51 worshipers in March at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, used Facebook to broadcast live video of the massacre.

Much like Islamic State and other transnational terrorists, the atrocities of the new terrorists serve to inspire their fellow extremists to more bloodshed. The white supremacists “crowdsource” their ideology from the views of the amorphous movement’s most prolific attackers. As the terrorism expert J.M. Berger has noted, many of them were particularly galvanized by a far-right extremist’s shocking 2011 attack in Norway, which left 77 dead. The killer wrote a manifesto, which his admirers have treated as a sort of grim proof of concept—showing, as Mr. Berger puts it, that “one person can carry out a spectacular terrorist attack—a terrorist attack that is highly lethal and very impactful, without resources.”

The Norway murderer’s vision helped to inspire the Australian gunman who perpetrated the Christchurch massacre and surfaced in the attack allegedly planned by a U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant stationed in Washington, D.C. The gunman who murdered nine black worshipers at a June 2015 Bible study meeting at the historic Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, S.C., made a point of writing a racist manifesto beforehand.

But there are also key operational differences between the two movements, with implications for how to fight them. Violent white supremacism in the U.S. has grown from the bottom up, not the top down. Al Qaeda and Islamic State often directed their most vicious attacks from a central headquarters, whether al Qaeda’s safe havens in Afghanistan and Pakistan or Islamic State’s self-declared “caliphate” in Syria and Iraq. Sometimes coordinating with foreign fighters and local recruits, these groups were able to stage such atrocities as 9/11 and the March 2016 suicide bombings in Brussels. These top-down-style assaults then inspired jihadist supporters with no direct connection to the terrorist groups’ leadership to perpetrate local attacks against soft targets as opportunities arose.

Lacking any such centralized leadership, white supremacist terrorism overwhelmingly involves the online self-radicalization of isolated young men. As a result, there is no terrorist headquarters to discover and target. The new terrorists don’t control territory or take shelter with sympathetic governments.

Continued at link..

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-to-fight-the-new-domestic-terrorism-11565363219

Pickle

Your post. There's zero issue with anyone posting their thoughts on a cold civil war in america. Even less of a meaning behind it if they don't live in a US.

Even if it's the half-a-brain troll Lajikal.
I get it. Even though I was only pointing out lol’s canadianess specifically, you took offense (bc muh maple leaf) and conflated my comment to insinuate that I was trying to say only people who live here in the states can participate in the discussion.

To further respond to your advice of using iggy island, I want to see lol’s posts bc it gives me a small glimpse into the twisted picture people in other countries get of America. You yourself have admitted your spouse is a brainwarshed neo-feminazi.

Im sorry in advance for hurting your feelings next time I use lol’s cucknadian heritage to be belittling or dismissive.

lajikal

Maybe it's cause there's no element of 'control' over lone shooters, other than redundant laws. You can 'control' car wrecks, heart attacks, etc, at least in theory.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
How to Fight the New Domestic Terrorism
The U.S. should use its hard-won experience against al Qaeda and Islamic State to combat today’s surge of lethal white supremacist attacks

The Wall Street Journal
Aug. 9, 2019

Pittsburgh, Tallahassee, Poway, Jeffersontown and now El Paso—these American communities have been the scene since 2018 of the most lethal mass shootings connected to white supremacist ideology, but there have been many other lesser attacks and foiled plots. In the U.S., such terrorism has now eclipsed international jihadist terrorism in both frequency and severity. Events of the past week seem to have finally awoken the country to the reality of this threat, but our politicians are already bickering about what to do about it.

In fact, the formula for responding to America’s white supremacist terrorism emergency is quite clear—in part because of our hard-won experience fighting jihadists from al Qaeda and its spawn, Islamic State. We must swiftly and carefully apply the best practices of the two decades since Sept. 11, 2001, to counter this decade’s domestic terrorist threat—by passing new laws, increasing resources and enhancing investigative capabilities.

The post-9/11 lessons are particularly applicable, in part, because of the similarities between the jihadists and violent white supremacists. Both extremist movements depend on the anger of alienated young men, vulnerable to moral suasion and often lacking strong community or social bonds as moderating influences in their lives. Both depend on reaching and indoctrinating recruits via the internet.

Today’s white supremacist terrorists band together online, further radicalize themselves and fire one another up in much the same manner as their jihadist counterparts. White supremacists avidly network in the virtual world, whether or not they know each other in real life. They pick their targets and methods and then share their manifestos, pronouncements and even attacks, using social media platforms such as Gab and 8chan; the anti-Muslim extremist who murdered 51 worshipers in March at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, used Facebook to broadcast live video of the massacre.

Much like Islamic State and other transnational terrorists, the atrocities of the new terrorists serve to inspire their fellow extremists to more bloodshed. The white supremacists “crowdsource” their ideology from the views of the amorphous movement’s most prolific attackers. As the terrorism expert J.M. Berger has noted, many of them were particularly galvanized by a far-right extremist’s shocking 2011 attack in Norway, which left 77 dead. The killer wrote a manifesto, which his admirers have treated as a sort of grim proof of concept—showing, as Mr. Berger puts it, that “one person can carry out a spectacular terrorist attack—a terrorist attack that is highly lethal and very impactful, without resources.”

The Norway murderer’s vision helped to inspire the Australian gunman who perpetrated the Christchurch massacre and surfaced in the attack allegedly planned by a U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant stationed in Washington, D.C. The gunman who murdered nine black worshipers at a June 2015 Bible study meeting at the historic Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, S.C., made a point of writing a racist manifesto beforehand.

But there are also key operational differences between the two movements, with implications for how to fight them. Violent white supremacism in the U.S. has grown from the bottom up, not the top down. Al Qaeda and Islamic State often directed their most vicious attacks from a central headquarters, whether al Qaeda’s safe havens in Afghanistan and Pakistan or Islamic State’s self-declared “caliphate” in Syria and Iraq. Sometimes coordinating with foreign fighters and local recruits, these groups were able to stage such atrocities as 9/11 and the March 2016 suicide bombings in Brussels. These top-down-style assaults then inspired jihadist supporters with no direct connection to the terrorist groups’ leadership to perpetrate local attacks against soft targets as opportunities arose.

Lacking any such centralized leadership, white supremacist terrorism overwhelmingly involves the online self-radicalization of isolated young men. As a result, there is no terrorist headquarters to discover and target. The new terrorists don’t control territory or take shelter with sympathetic governments.

Continued at link..

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-to-fight-the-new-domestic-terrorism-11565363219
How to fight domestic terrorists...same way you fight a unicorn. You'll never see either.

Pickle

You very much do not.

And no offense taken. Honest. There isn't a thing you can type that I would take offense to. If anything? You bring me a lot of joy with what you type, as I find nearly all of it funny.
Well at least I am providing you with joy.

My work is done here.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
I think you meant to write "white supremacists". This whole white nationalists shit that the media is pushing is really pissing me off. It's trying to conflate white supremacists and nationalists, so that in the end, anyone who doesn't support open borders and a rainbow shitting unicorn Utopian world government is a bad KKK-type person.

However, if we're going with "White Nationalist"... I'm white, and I firmly believe we should put our country ahead of other countries. So, by definition, I'm a "White Nationalist".... so, +1
The leftist have successfully manipulated people like @Stig to the point that he actually believes the “white nationalist” = “racist” so, +2

domelogic

As much as Lajikal is disliked, the discussion doesn't hinge on 'You can only comment in this thread if you live in 'Murica.' So to answer your question? I presume it's from him reading, and then typing out what he's noticed.

Feel free to make a ''Muricans Only!' thread though. I'll even make it more palatable for you specifically.

Think American Only.
Only. On-lee. On lie.
To lie. Observe the lie. Hear the lie.
Don't believe it. Believe. Leave. Make them leave.
It's coming.
/q

Wrong. He states and has stated things/opinions like he lives here and experiences these comments. I am guessing you never or rarely read his shit. Btw there is no noticing with the way our msm is in this country. Good try though, nationalists stay together