OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Are you a professional?

Discussion in 'Classic Ron & Fez Discussion' started by SOS, Jan 18, 2008.

1. SOS

SOS ONA
    Wackbag Staff

Are you a professional? How does one act as a professional?

2. Ronreddog

Ronreddog Unofficial O&A Twitter Tough Guy

I am a professional asshole, does that count? :icon_mrgr

I consider myself a professional in the IT field. I have been working in the field for 7 years, supporting end users, and also, working on servers, desktops, laptops, and wireless devices. I have been in a customer service type position for over 20 years.

Professionalism is all on how you present yourself, IMO.

3. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

My incompetence, lack of skills and utter defeatism prevents me from being or becoming any sort of professional.

4. sbrainb

sbrainb Go suck a bag of dicks.

I'm a professional.... a professional geek. I basically get paid to be nerdy.
    But seriously, my field is a relatively small one and there aren't a lot of people who understand or can do what I do, so yeah, I guess.

Am I professional as I work? I would say yes. Occasionally we drop some f-bombs around here if we're getting stressed, but the whole department does it. However I do conduct myself professionally. Sometimes in meetings when I get the floor I sound all professional-like.

5. norton23

norton23 Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End

I am a professional bullshit artist

6. Tax Kuntz

Tax Kuntz just being an ass

Definitely.

Deal with people on a level they can understand.

7. krisko

krisko Mrs. Fuckin Funny

um...well i'm a professional bill collector in that it is my current profession. in aprill i'll be a political scientist...woop

8. sbrainb

sbrainb Go suck a bag of dicks.

That's pretty awesome.

9. nolajersey

nolajersey Miss Wackbag Cleavage 2006 & 2007

I am a professional when dealing with the accounts here. I am also the Customer Service manager so I am very professional on the phones. However when we are not on the phones we are a bunch of children.

10. Ronreddog

Ronreddog Unofficial O&A Twitter Tough Guy

One of the key points I left out is separating personal from professional. Here is an example, that I dealt with yesterday:

I called a Field Case Manager, someone that works from home, who was having problems with their all-in-one Brother printer. I only got involved with the ticket, because my manager asked me to call. She had called on 1/7, and called almost daily, and escalated it through management.

Now, I spent an hour on the phone with her, walking her through the steps we needed to go through, according to the User Guide, to fix a paper jam. All the time, she is swearing, and saying shit like "I am going to quit this job", and "do you know how much money I bring in for this company".

Well, I know it was not a personal thing, so I acted professional, and resolved her issue, She was grateful, and I felt the sense of accomplishment. I was mentally exhausted after the call, though.

Sorry for the rambling, I think you get my point, though.

11. MattyIceGfunk

MattyIceGfunk ^ Well Hung

You look like a librarian with those sexy librarian glasses. Just sayin.

12. Chino Kapone

Chino Kapone Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?

[​IMG]

"I am a professional"

13. SatansCheerledr

SatansCheerledr Ideologically Unsound

I am a doctor of psychology. I take my profession very seriously and when I am with a patient I am 100% professional in every sense of the word. The rest of the time I am a stark-raving lunatic.

14. BCH

BCH Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
    Wackbag Staff

Yeah, you ought to see me in a meeting. I'm super prepared has every answer, know it all guy. It's sickening really. When a technical issue comes up, I'm the person everyone somehow ends up listening to even if the problem isn't with my equipment. I have this sort of other self I turn into but only when the situation truly demands it of me. People tend to think I'm taking it easy until they've worked with me a couple of times when the shit has hit the fan. Then they learn.

15. cigarsandscotch

cigarsandscotch Smoke and drink up.

Yeah I'm a professional.
    Old ladies are notorious for accidentally ripping loud farts while transferring from their stretchers to my catscan table. I pretend that I don't notice neither the blast nor the smell, all the while maintaining a straight face. After I leave the room I laugh my ass off (where they can't see or hear me).

16. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

i like to think i am, my problem is were i work, the long standing problem is the lack of professionalism, im the weird one, to the rest of the guys i work with, most of them treat every customer like an idiot, and every time i make an "executive decision" i catch a bunch of shit from my owner, so i have a tendency to professionally pass the buck to my boss

17. Zeroman

Zeroman The Man with Zero

you need a trophy for that........i dont think i could hold back :clap::clap::clap:

18. Sct Ptersns Twn

Sct Ptersns Twn Looking 4 a New 1st Mate

Yes I am. I professionally kiss my bosses ass everyday and drink with him when asked. Plus I love my job.

19. HummerTuesdays

HummerTuesdays Another girrrrl!!!

I am a professional and have letters after my name that say I'm a professional. :) I do attempt to be professional, but it's difficult when I'm perpetually fighting the "it's not my job" line when it so clearly is their job. I do my best to remain calm & rational, but people are just fucking idiots.

20. Razor Roman

Razor Roman Save the USH!

I'm a professional. I have a bachelor's degree, certifications, and other such things.

21. TheLittlerJimmy

TheLittlerJimmy Registered User

I do P.R. for the federal government.

I like to think I represent our country professionally, but it's hard to take myself seriously when I generally have to mute O&A cock jokes when dealing with the press or congresspeople.

22. Footthing

Footthing Whatley Posse

difficult to have this talk since to me mr bennington is the true professional