Are you a professional?

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Are you a professional? How does one act as a professional?

Ronreddog

Unofficial O&A Twitter Tough Guy
I am a professional asshole, does that count? :icon_mrgr

I consider myself a professional in the IT field. I have been working in the field for 7 years, supporting end users, and also, working on servers, desktops, laptops, and wireless devices. I have been in a customer service type position for over 20 years.

Professionalism is all on how you present yourself, IMO.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
My incompetence, lack of skills and utter defeatism prevents me from being or becoming any sort of professional.

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
I'm a professional.... a professional geek. I basically get paid to be nerdy.
But seriously, my field is a relatively small one and there aren't a lot of people who understand or can do what I do, so yeah, I guess.

Am I professional as I work? I would say yes. Occasionally we drop some f-bombs around here if we're getting stressed, but the whole department does it. However I do conduct myself professionally. Sometimes in meetings when I get the floor I sound all professional-like.

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
I am a professional bullshit artist

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
um...well i'm a professional bill collector in that it is my current profession. in aprill i'll be a political scientist...woop

nolajersey

Miss Wackbag Cleavage 2006 & 2007
I am a professional when dealing with the accounts here. I am also the Customer Service manager so I am very professional on the phones. However when we are not on the phones we are a bunch of children.

Ronreddog

Unofficial O&A Twitter Tough Guy
One of the key points I left out is separating personal from professional. Here is an example, that I dealt with yesterday:

I called a Field Case Manager, someone that works from home, who was having problems with their all-in-one Brother printer. I only got involved with the ticket, because my manager asked me to call. She had called on 1/7, and called almost daily, and escalated it through management.

Now, I spent an hour on the phone with her, walking her through the steps we needed to go through, according to the User Guide, to fix a paper jam. All the time, she is swearing, and saying shit like "I am going to quit this job", and "do you know how much money I bring in for this company".

Well, I know it was not a personal thing, so I acted professional, and resolved her issue, She was grateful, and I felt the sense of accomplishment. I was mentally exhausted after the call, though.

Sorry for the rambling, I think you get my point, though.

um...well i'm a professional bill collector in that it is my current profession. in aprill i'll be a political scientist...woop
You look like a librarian with those sexy librarian glasses. Just sayin.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
I am a doctor of psychology. I take my profession very seriously and when I am with a patient I am 100% professional in every sense of the word. The rest of the time I am a stark-raving lunatic.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Yeah, you ought to see me in a meeting. I'm super prepared has every answer, know it all guy. It's sickening really. When a technical issue comes up, I'm the person everyone somehow ends up listening to even if the problem isn't with my equipment. I have this sort of other self I turn into but only when the situation truly demands it of me. People tend to think I'm taking it easy until they've worked with me a couple of times when the shit has hit the fan. Then they learn.

cigarsandscotch

Smoke and drink up.
Yeah I'm a professional.
Old ladies are notorious for accidentally ripping loud farts while transferring from their stretchers to my catscan table. I pretend that I don't notice neither the blast nor the smell, all the while maintaining a straight face. After I leave the room I laugh my ass off (where they can't see or hear me).

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
i like to think i am, my problem is were i work, the long standing problem is the lack of professionalism, im the weird one, to the rest of the guys i work with, most of them treat every customer like an idiot, and every time i make an "executive decision" i catch a bunch of shit from my owner, so i have a tendency to professionally pass the buck to my boss

Zeroman

The Man with Zero
Yeah I'm a professional.
Old ladies are notorious for accidentally ripping loud farts while transferring from their stretchers to my catscan table. I pretend that I don't notice neither the blast nor the smell, all the while maintaining a straight face. After I leave the room I laugh my ass off (where they can't see or hear me).
you need a trophy for that........i dont think i could hold back :clap::clap::clap:

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Yes I am. I professionally kiss my bosses ass everyday and drink with him when asked. Plus I love my job.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
I am a professional and have letters after my name that say I'm a professional. :) I do attempt to be professional, but it's difficult when I'm perpetually fighting the "it's not my job" line when it so clearly is their job. I do my best to remain calm & rational, but people are just fucking idiots.

Razor Roman

MJMandalayForPresident2024
I'm a professional. I have a bachelor's degree, certifications, and other such things.

I do P.R. for the federal government.

I like to think I represent our country professionally, but it's hard to take myself seriously when I generally have to mute O&A cock jokes when dealing with the press or congresspeople.

difficult to have this talk since to me mr bennington is the true professional