Are you seeing more Sirius Advertizing?

OandAPest

I drive all over the New York City area as part of my job. This takes me past tunnels, bridges, and most major highways. Now I'm seeing Sirius Billboards all over the place. And not just the small ones, the big ones. The ones that cost a few thousand with comma's. I'm seeing full page ads in the newspapers that cost the same. Chevy TV ads featuring Sirius in them. Perhaps Sirius thinks it can pick up those folks that canceled their XM service? Is it me or doesn't XM realize what is going on here?

I really don't understand the business plan XM has, it makes no sense to allow people to unsubscribe and then ignore them. Seems to me Sirius is trying to attract new customers. The whole point of this is: Are you seeing more advertising from Sirius lately and doesn't it make you wonder what XM's plan really is? God knows I've not seen any advertising from XM.

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Chevy TV ads featuring Sirius in them. Perhaps Sirius thinks it can pick up those folks that canceled their XM service? Is it me or doesn't XM realize what is going on here?
I see lots of ads on tv and on billboards.... but GM cars don't have Sirius, they have XM.

BroncTrucker

Castro chewing on a london broil
I live outside philly and there ore a few on I-95. pretty big too...

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
I'm not seeing any more Sirius ads, I'm seeing the same I used to. I honestly can say that I am seeing more XM ads than Sirius ads these days though

circpro

No Complaints here
yeah that big billboard on the Ice Floor in Ottawa irritated me watching the 2 games this week.

Shaggz

Slaying Zombies
The only XM ads I see is that one commercial with the stupid outline of a guy and the XM ((())) thing with the changing music and "XM, Are you on?"
On what you fucking douchebags?
I can't help but laugh and throw up my middle finger whenever i see the stupid thing.

The only XM ads I see is that one commercial with the stupid outline of a guy and the XM ((())) thing with the changing music and "XM, Are you on?"
On what you fucking douchebags?
I can't help but laugh and throw up my middle finger whenever i see the stupid thing.
Seriously, those ads suck. They only work if you already know exactly what XM offers, which most people don't. The actual MLB symbol would sell a hell of a lot more radios and subs than a baseball made out off those ((())) things.

FellowTraveler

Frank Reynolds is my hero
I'm not seeing any more Sirius ads, I'm seeing the same I used to. I honestly can say that I am seeing more XM ads than Sirius ads these days though
XM ads are starting to pop up all over the Nashville area, as are radio spots.

yes i am. they had full page ads in the NY Post and Daily News a few days ago

JSHAW

Tonight I saw a commercial for Mercury car, that comes with a PAID 3 year subscription to Sirius.
Even though I'm no Sirius lover, 3 years paid is pretty sweet.

alt130

Frunkis.net
Tonight I saw a commercial for Mercury car, that comes with a PAID 3 year subscription to Sirius.
Not like a good chunk of that is built into the price or anything...

it looks like sirius is stepping up their advertising and profile in the wake of the xm backlash.

I hear Howard/Sirius ads CONSTANTLY, I saw my first XM commericial on Comedy Central last night for the first time in months.

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
We're all gonna be seeing a major XM plug very soon. Something about a plug in a major motion picture coming out soon(Here's a hint: Has a GM connection)

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Not like a good chunk of that is built into the price or anything...
Even if it's not... it's still a fuckin Mercury.

Phil Packer

Throat Yogurt Dispenser
I saw one on 495 coming out of the lincoln tunnel yesterday

izzy izkowitz

Chris Hansen is my hero
I am seeing much more of the Hoo Hoo is uncensored ads where I am.:icon_evil

I drive all over the New York City area as part of my job. This takes me past tunnels, bridges, and most major highways. Now I'm seeing Sirius Billboards all over the place. And not just the small ones, the big ones. The ones that cost a few thousand with comma's. I'm seeing full page ads in the newspapers that cost the same. Chevy TV ads featuring Sirius in them. Perhaps Sirius thinks it can pick up those folks that canceled their XM service? Is it me or doesn't XM realize what is going on here?

I really don't understand the business plan XM has, it makes no sense to allow people to unsubscribe and then ignore them. Seems to me Sirius is trying to attract new customers. The whole point of this is: Are you seeing more advertising from Sirius lately and doesn't it make you wonder what XM's plan really is? God knows I've not seen any advertising from XM.
this post made me laugh. yes i agree there have been alot of Sirius ads lately and not sure why XM doesn't seem to keep up...but i don't think the extra ads lately are due to the recent cancelations. i'm pretty sure they had this campaign planned more then a few weeks ago.