Army of two

Sep 9, 2005
Queens
Looks like a great fucking game,comes out in two weeks. Anyone else thinking of picking this up.

Apr 11, 2005
New Jersey
yeah i saw a video on this a while ago and forgot about it. nice to see it's getting released soon i will probably pick it up. looks like you'll be able to play co-op online; anyone know if they'll have multiplayer 2v2?

Warfarer

I can't think of anything funny.
Jun 20, 2005
Alabama
I picked it up last night but haven't opened it up yet. Anyone pick up and loving it yet or is it a disappointment?

TrainableHoward

I thought Chris Hanson was really funny on O&A....
Dec 9, 2005
NH
Gametrailers.com gave it a lukewarm review at best, and I find their reviews to agree with my taste most of the time. I'll have to rent it first.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
It's gotten decent reviews.

But people are a bit too snobbish with game reviews these days. Nowadays, lots of people seem to feel that unless a game gets an 8 out of 10 (or better), a game is shit.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
I can't watch the video at work.

My one concern is that I won't be playing co-op with someone else (at least, it's very doubtful I will), so I'm going to have to rely on the computer's AI for that, and I'm wondering if they've developed the AI enough so that it's not a hinderance.

Like the AI is for SO FUCKING MANY other games out there. Most games can't seem to create CPU AIs for "friendly" characters for shit.

StonerJack

My amp goes to 11
Dec 9, 2004
Worcester or Worster if your Vos
Played it last night. Got through 5 co-op missions.
With the AI partner it can be difficult, with a friend it can be REALLY fun and intuitive. The weapons are customizable, and pretty cool. The cut-scenes and plot are pretty fucking cool. It isn't as good as COD4, but who thought it would be? It's a completely different game where cooperation is the most important area by far.
If your one of the gamers who are getting burned out on COD4, rent AO2.

StonerJack

My amp goes to 11
Dec 9, 2004
Worcester or Worster if your Vos
I can't watch the video at work.

My one concern is that I won't be playing co-op with someone else (at least, it's very doubtful I will), so I'm going to have to rely on the computer's AI for that, and I'm wondering if they've developed the AI enough so that it's not a hinderance.

Like the AI is for SO FUCKING MANY other games out there. Most games can't seem to create CPU AIs for "friendly" characters for shit.
The AI does 2 things basically.
The game is setup so that the player firing and causing more damage gets the enemy attention(aggro). So one guy fires from cover while the other flanks. (when you are in aggro you glow red, when partner is you become transparent).
So imo you should instruct the AI to lay down fire while you flank. The AI isn't bad at all.

Sep 9, 2005
Queens
AI is good, story line is great. I just hope for more missions. Its a short game, but oh well online should be fun once EA gets the servers fixed.

TrainableHoward

I thought Chris Hanson was really funny on O&A....
Dec 9, 2005
NH

But people are a bit too snobbish with game reviews these days. Nowadays, lots of people seem to feel that unless a game gets an 8 out of 10 (or better), a game is shit.
\

$60 = a game scoring less than 8 out of 10 (on my personal scale, not a game review) is shit.

RabidHamster

It makes you fez.
Dec 4, 2005
Roanoke
You have to really watch the AI, everytime I got shot my AI partner would drag me right into enemy fire even if cover was closer. Still a great rental.

Bone Dry

I stink and I don't like me.
Apr 3, 2005
Seaford NY
my brother and I rented the game easter sunday. the game is to short, and I didn't like the single player at all.

with that being said this game is the best two player game i've ever played. how does the online work? we play against two other people or is it like the game?

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.

When there are plenty of games to choose from that do get those high scores, why spend $60 for one that isn't? Games are an investment at that price point - and I'm going to do my research, and pick one that will give me the highest ROI.

Plus, the high-scoring games will always sell better than ones that are not - which means more people will be playing on Live, thus, increasing the ROI for that game.

Why buy Turok with an average of 6.8, when Bioshock got a 10? It's not snobbish to want to save cash.