Army Sniper Neutralizes His Target, The Wife

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070715/D8QD6DNO0.html

Singer Shot at Wyo. Bar; Husband Sought

Email this Story

Jul 15, 2:25 PM (ET)

CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) - Police were searching Sunday for a National Guardsman with sniper training who they suspect shot his wife to death while she sang with a band in a restaurant and bar.

Robin Munis was shot in the head just after midnight Saturday as she sang with the classic rock and country group Ty and the Twisters. Customers of the Old Chicago ran - to a bathroom, a walk-in refrigerator and anywhere else they could find cover - as a black pickup truck drove slowly out of the parking lot, then sped away.

"At first we thought it was just a speaker blowing up or something. I looked over and saw her on the floor," said Travis Brooks, who had been sitting at the bar.

Brooks said he wasn't sure where the gunshot came from when he saw the glass door break. He and others crawled toward the kitchen and took cover in a small bathroom.

"Everyone was in shock," he said. "I don't know what to think."

Munis, 40, had recently separated from her husband, David Munis, 36. She had complained about receiving a harassing telephone call from her husband Friday, police Capt. Jeff Schulz said.

Police suspect Munis was the shooter, Schulz said, though no one has reported seeing the shot fired.

"We're not certain where he was when he took the shot," Schulz said. "It could have been in the parking lot. It could have been a long ways away. We don't know that."

Munis joined the Wyoming Army National Guard in April 2003 and came from the regular Army, where he went to sniper school, Guard spokeswoman Deidre Forster said.

Forster said Munis' job is to promote Camp Guernsey, a military training area about 100 miles north of Cheyenne. He is due to become a second lieutenant next month, she said.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Funny, posting the link to the double post.

I wonder why they suspect the husband. Can't everyone shoot from across the parking lot, through a glass door and into the head of the person you want to get rid of while they are singing? :p He's not too bad of a shot.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Fucking liberal media blaming the soldiers any chance they get.

I bet if it was a black guy, this wouldn't make the news.

Now let me link you to a KKK website that has stories of blacks committing robberies that some how the liberal media doesn't think worthy to cover up.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
If it's less than 100 yards, it's not sniping. If you can make the shot easily with iron sights. It's not sniping.

BelatedAbortion

Jun 12, 2007
Spaceshuttle Endeaverrrrrrrrr
If it's less than 100 yards, it's not sniping. If you can make the shot easily with iron sights. It's not sniping.
Either way it was a damn good shot. I think it was considered a "sniping" simply because the shooter was firing from a concealed position, and the placement of the shot was (obviously) in the head. In urban conditions its difficult to get line of sight from 100+ yards.

Look at that psycho's mug, he should either get [40's voice] old sparky [/40's voice] or be sent to afghanistan on a suicide mission.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
I thought the media always calls them sharpshooters, not snipers.
Well in the media "sniper" has gotten a bad connotation over the years but they are still snipers. The USMC doesn't have a "sharpshooter" school, it has a Sniper School.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
You'd think this rocket scientist would have set it up to look like a robbery or anything other then the unique skills he has acquired in his military career.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
And that's all she wrote on this one, ladies and gents...
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070718/D8QEVF4G0.html

Wyo. Shooting Suspect Commits Suicide
Email this Story

Jul 18, 7:19 AM (ET)

By MEAD GRUVER

LARAMIE, Wyo. (AP) - A tipster on horseback led authorities to the remote hideout of a former military sniper accused of fatally shooting his wife while she sang at a Cheyenne night club.

As searchers closed in, David Munis, 36, shot himself in the chest, authorities said. Munis was found at a small camping trailer about five miles outside the search area, Albany County Sheriff's Lt. Michael Garcia said.

He was flown to a hospital and pronounced dead, ending a daylong manhunt in the Rogers Canyon area about 10 miles northeast of Laramie.

"I'm glad it's over," Garcia said. "People in the community can feel more at rest, people in Rogers Canyon can feel more at ease."

(AP) Wyoming Highway patrolman Kyle McKay looks through binoculars at a law enforcement road block on...
Full Image
Munis' estranged wife, Robin Munis, 40, was singing with a classic-rock and country group at the Old Chicago restaurant and bar in Cheyenne early Saturday when a bullet pierced a plate glass door and hit her in the head, killing her.

David Munis' truck was spotted late Monday in the mountains north of Laramie, about 50 miles west of Cheyenne, and dozens of heavily armed officers searched the area Tuesday.

Sheriff's officials said they knew little about the anonymous rider who called 911 on a cell phone Tuesday evening. But they said he didn't live in the area where he was riding at the foot of the Laramie Range.

The Munises were recently separated, and Robin Munis had contacted police just hours before she was shot to complain that her estranged husband was making harassing calls to her cell phone.

Investigators said it was unclear whether the shot that killed her came from the restaurant parking lot, about 25 yards away, or from an open green space, roughly 100 yards off.

Witnesses told police that a pickup matching the one owned by David Munis was seen leaving the scene.

A handwritten note of about six pages, addressed to "Everyone," was found at Munis' home, police said Tuesday. "I'm calling it a near-confession," Cheyenne police Capt. Jeff Schulz said. "He does not come out and say, 'I did it.'" The police spokesman would not give details, but Munis was charged with first-degree murder.

Police had suspected from the outset that Munis, a devoted hunter and outdoorsman, would flee into terrain where his training and experience could give him the advantage.

He had been a member of the Wyoming Army National Guard since 2003 and was a 2001 graduate of the Army Sniper School at Fort Benning, Ga., according to the National Guard. He was assigned to an infantry regiment at Ft. Campbell, Ky., according to Lt. Col. Kevin V. Arata, public affairs officer with the U.S. Army Human Resources Command. Arata said he couldn't determine from Munis' military records if he was ever in combat.

Longinus

Chair of the National Gyspy Eradication Council
Feb 14, 2007
College Station, TX
Her bandmates must have been quite surprised to see that bitch's head just blow up. The crowd must have thought it was the coolest performance pyrotechnics ever.

ern

Hiding behind my keyboard
Jan 25, 2006
One shot, one kill?

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
I was pullin for him too, that was a terrific shot. Taught that cunt a lesson.
yea me too, i was hoping that he was gona go feral like [SIZE=-1]Eric Robert Rudolph [/SIZE]