Assasin's Creed

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
Just saw a commercial for this tonite. Game looks rediculous!

Monstercloud

Feb 15, 2005
NH
It looks like a renter. I'm sorry, I don't find anything realistic about being surrounded by 4 guys and only one of them attacking at a time... been done before. Stealth/chase looks interesting other than that.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Picking it up day one.

One of the games I bought a system for.

The only way it could disappoint is if it turns out to be 6 hours long.

Give me prince of persia length and I'll be very happy.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Well it's designed to fit on one DVD. I imagine it'll be as long as Bioshock since it's similar high quality with no MP.

Hate & Discontent

Aug 22, 2005
Dev interviews have said between 25 and 40 hours to finish it. I dont know if that means to finish EVERYTHING, or to finish the main story. There are 9 main assassinations, and over 60 side assassination missions. Thats not even couting the investigation and exploring required before you can even kill your main targets.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
I'm going to buy AC when I buy a PS3 in mid December. btw, the Dev for this game is hot!

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
Yeah this game totally has my attention but knee brought up my exact feelings...

way to much shit coming out gotta see the reviews first....

I got enough on my plate with GH3 and COD4...

Not to mention rockband coming out....oh and some kinda sex life

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
Miami
ill be waiting to see which version is considered the better one as far as framerate and more importantly controls

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
This Game is Iffy....

With games like Halo 3, Call of Duty 4 and Mario Galaxy out right about now...This will either be another New awesome franchise and will kick ass or it will be a bust. But this does look fucking awesome....My friend has been talking about thsi game for like 2 years now.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
What's the plot of this game? You're a fucking filthy Muslim savage running around killing Christian knights?

Chlorofirm

Aug 26, 2002
cleveland
I'm not sure whether to buy this or Uncharted. I also want to see which console its better on (ps3 or 360, and I couldn't care less about achievements). No reviews have mentioned that yet.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Assassins...or hashashims were a sect of shi'a muslims who executed muslim rulers who weren't ruling "properly".

Hate & Discontent

Aug 22, 2005
Youre an assassin knocking off people in the Third Crusade on both sides. Your targets are the people causing the most pain to the general population. Thats out of one of the dev diary videos. The main character's father was Muslim, and his mother was Christian.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Youre an assassin knocking off people in the Third Crusade on both sides. Your targets are the people causing the most pain to the general population. Thats out of one of the dev diary videos. The main character's father was Muslim, and his mother was Christian.
I can't wait for the 4th sequel when they have the main character turn into a modern day Free Mason.:icon_mrgr

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Assassins...or hashashims were a sect of shi'a muslims who executed muslim rulers who weren't ruling "properly".
Well Hashshashins were drug addicts that would murder people if you either offered them money or paid them with hashshish. They weren't the smartest of folk, just anti-social Muslim garbage.

Hate & Discontent

Aug 22, 2005
I can't wait for the 4th sequel when they have the main character turn into a modern day Free Mason.:icon_mrgr
Actually, this is the first game in a trilogy, and the rumor is that the second and third games may well take place in modern or future time periods.

According to what ive seen online, part of the backstory is that in modern times a group of people is trying to use the concept of genetic memory to find a modern descendent of the main character in the game. Hence why some of the previews have mentioned futuristic menus, HUD elements, and the "flicker" sometimes present in the game. Supposedly, when you first put the disc in to play, you may be wondering if you have the right game in the drive. The ending is also supposed to have some kind of futuristic twist.

Hate & Discontent

Aug 22, 2005
Gamespot review
Im kinda scratching my head over than IGN review, considering that its the first one Ive seen so far that said anything other than the game was amazing. Go figure.

Edit:
As a matter of fact, some of the things in the IGN review completely contradict the Gamespot review. IGN complained of framerate issues and texture pop-in with the PS3 version, and better framerates on the 360. The Gamespot review said the PS3 framerate was slightly higher, but that both version were pretty stable. Theres some total BS going on here, but Im not sure which one is full of shit. Considering the IGN review is rather out of line with all the other recent reviews, Im inclined to believe that the IGN review is off base.