Attacks against U.S. Muslims spike during Ramadan

[h=1]Attacks against U.S. Muslims spike during Ramadan[/h]
(CNN) – To mark the end of Islam's holiest month, Iftikhar Ali will head not to a mosque but to a convention center guarded by law enforcement officers.
That's because this month, during Ramadan, the mosque in Joplin, Missouri, burned to the ground. Its rubble smoldered for two days as a shocked Muslim community came to terms with what had happened.

Just Thursday, Ahmed Rehab, the head of the council in Chicago, received a call from a young man visiting his father's grave at Evergreen Cemetery. Someone had desecrated several Muslim graves.
The Prophet Mohammed's name was taken in vain and, a black marker scrawl on a tombstone screamed: "raghead," a derogatory term for Muslims that stems from head coverings such as turbans and kaffiyas.
A few days earlier, police arrested 51-year-old David Conrad and accused him of firing a pellet gun at a mosque filled with 500 people in Morton Grove, southern Chicago suburb.
No one was injured but worshipers said one of the bullets flew only inches above a security guard's head, according to CNN affiliate station WGN.
Conrad is a neighbor and had previously spoken out against the expansion of the mosque. He was charged with four felonies.
In a third Chicago-area incident, worshipers at an Islamic school in Lombard heard a loud noise outside of the building during night prayers.
They then found a 2-liter soda bottle filled with acid. Police identified it as a homemade bomb.

In Murfreesboro, Tennessee, a new mosque opened earlier this month after more than two years of community protests, legal hurdles and vandalism. The board of directors planned for extra security.
When worshipers bow their heads in prayer Sunday, someone else will be scanning the room.
"Yes, we are very concerned because we have been the subject of vandalism, arson, bomb threats, intimidation, bullying," said Saleh Sbenaty, a board member of the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro.
"You call it," he said. "Every single act of intimidation, you know, was actually inflicted upon us."
...Republican congressman Joe Walsh of Illinois, who warned Americans that "there is a radical strain of Islam in this country" and that radicals are "trying to kill Americans every week."
Justin Roth, Walsh's chief of staff, said that the lawmaker's comments were taken out of context and that Walsh is troubled by attacks on any people based on their religion.

There were other troubling incidents this month:
– In Hayward, California, police arrested two teens and charged them with committing a hate crime after worshipers said the boys threw lemons at them during prayer.

– In Ontario, California, pig legs were left on the property of an Islamic Center. Police still do not have information on who was responsible for the act, which was particularly offensive during Ramadan because practicing Muslims consider pigs unclean.

– In North Smithfield, Rhode Island, a surveillance camera outside the Masjid Al-Islam mosque showed a suspect breaking the building's sign and two vehicles later fleeing the property.
– In Oklahoma City, vandals defaced the Grand Mosque with paintball guns. Those inside feared the shots came from a real gun.

In Joplin, the torched mosque's 90 congregants invited 300 other people to join them Sunday for Eid.

I hope you get beheaded by the people you're constantly defending.
My post didn't defend anyone. It was information on current events, in a current events forum.

You may condone violence, vandalism and harassment against fellow Americans. If you do, then jerk off over the info I posted, I don't give a shit. But just don't bury your head in the sand and pretend this shit doesn't happen by your brethren and like-minded people...

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Wow didn't get you long to admit why you posted this thread. To blame conservatives for violence. Fuck off.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Don doesn't mind Christians firebombing a mosque as long as those evil atheists aren't using peaceful and legal means to get equal representation at a government memorial.

:trollol:

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Don doesn't mind Christians firebombing a mosque as long as those evil atheists aren't using peaceful and legal means to get equal representation at a government memorial.

:trollol:
Nobody is fire bombing mosques. Arson isn't the same. But I can show you people shooting up the group Chick-fil-A supports. I can also show you people fire bombing pro life groups.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Nobody is fire bombing mosques. Arson isn't the same. But I can show you people shooting up the group Chick-fil-A supports. I can also show you people fire bombing pro life groups.
What? Acts of violence not committed in the name of Jesus? Outrageous! If you're going to blow shit up you should at least worship the one true god, otherwise it's just wrong.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
What? Acts of violence not committed in the name of Jesus? Outrageous! If you're going to blow shit up you should at least worship the one true god, otherwise it's just wrong.
I can see this thread is going to be a parade of assholes.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
Attacks on muslims has spiked over Ramadan.....mostly by other muslims

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
There were other troubling incidents this month:
– In Hayward, California, police arrested two teens and charged them with committing a hate crime after worshipers said the boys threw lemons at them during prayer.

– In Ontario, California, pig legs were left on the property of an Islamic Center. Police still do not have information on who was responsible for the act, which was particularly offensive during Ramadan because practicing Muslims consider pigs unclean.

– In North Smithfield, Rhode Island, a surveillance camera outside the Masjid Al-Islam mosque showed a suspect breaking the building's sign and two vehicles later fleeing the property.
– In Oklahoma City, vandals defaced the Grand Mosque with paintball guns. Those inside feared the shots came from a real gun.
These aren't attacks, they're pranks. And documenting them to make it look like there's a politically motivated crime wave going on is propaganda.

People on fringe right wing blogs do the same thing to make American Muslims look more violent than they are, too. They use the same technique, of culling the country for occasional isolated acts, and presenting them as a part of a "troubling pattern". The difference is, those blogs aren't presented as news organizations, they are open about their motives. I wish CNN would be too, and stopped pretending this shit is journalism.

These aren't attacks, they're pranks. And documenting them to make it look like there's a politically motivated crime wave going on is propaganda.

People on fringe right wing blogs do the same thing to make American Muslims look more violent than they are, too. They use the same technique, of culling the country for occasional isolated acts, and presenting them as a part of a "troubling pattern". The difference is, those blogs aren't presented as news organizations, they are open about their motives. I wish CNN would be too, and stopped pretending this shit is journalism.
Yes, burning a Mosque to the ground is a prank. I remember doing that as a kid on Halloween.

Shooting at a building with paintball guns? That's a prank too. I am sure people consider it hilarious, especially in the wake of reecent incidents...

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Check out the tally for the world this Ramadan. The table doesn't post but Muslims are in the lead with 260 attacks and 1206 dead bodies. Coming in an exciting, close second are all the other world's religions, with zero attacks and zero dead bodies. Angry racists get one attack and 6 dead bodies.

Ramadan Bombathon 2012 Scorecard
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
Check out the tally for the world this Ramadan. The table doesn't post
Does so!

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]2012
[/TD]
[TD]In the name of
The Religion
of Peace
[/TD]
[TD]In the name of
Any Other
Religion [/TD]
[TD]By
Angry
Racists[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Terror Attacks
[/TD]
[TD]260[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Dead Bodies
[/TD]
[TD]1206[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Does not! Check my post... no table.

Does so!

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]2012
[/TD]
[TD]In the name of
The Religion
of Peace
[/TD]
[TD]In the name of
Any Other
Religion [/TD]
[TD]By
Angry
Racists[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Terror Attacks
[/TD]
[TD]260[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Dead Bodies
[/TD]
[TD]1206[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Don't forget abortion clinics ;-)

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Jul 16, 2005
Texas
This is funny because all the local news outlets are doing stories about the poor mooslims being attacked.

It's like they have their savage version of Media Matters and the news is just dispersing the same taking points.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I suppose it would be a good time to point out that non Muslims don't know when Ramadan is. This story is shit.