Attention: Marines in the Philly Area & Happy B-day USMC!

OxBabygirlxO

I put the baby in babyfuck
May 20, 2006
New Jersey
Hello People - I'm posting this for BodybyNote on Paltalk because he can not start a thread ...Mods I know this isn't were it belong but i wasnt sure were to post to please move to approiate forum.

On November 10th, 1775, a resolution of the Continental Congress declared that 2 Battalions of Marines be raised. They appointed Captain Samuel Nicholas as the 1st Commandant of the Marine Corps and he promptly set up shop in Tun Tavern, which was located in what is now the Society Hill section of Philadelphia Pennsylvania. Nicholas then appointed the tavern's proprietor, Robert Mullen, as the chief Marine Recruiter, serving ofcourse, from his place of business at Tun Tavern. Prospective recruits flocked to the tavern, lured by beer and the opportunity to serve in the new Corps of Marines.
Now, while Tun Tavern burned to the ground in 1787 and it's original location is now covered by Interstate 95, it is the official birthplace of the United States Marine Corps. Every year, Marines around the globe celebrate the birth of our beloved Corps on November 10th. Cookie's Tavern on 10th & Oregon in South Philly, is the unofficial "Tun Tavern" of Philadelphia. The Philadelphia Police Department barricades the entire block and Marines of all ages come to celebrate and party. WWII Marines, Korean War Marines, Vietnam Marines, and numerous other current and former Marines, bagpipes, colorguard, drum & bugle corps, some in uniform, and some not, but all there to celebrate the Marine Corps illustrious history.
So, if you are a Marine, know a Marine, like Marines, want to be a Marine, or just want to party with Marines and help us celebrate the birthday of the only branch of the US Armed Forces who's birthplace is a bar, come join us at Cookie's Tavern on November 10th. The day kicks off at about 730am and goes until the last Marine leaves (2-3am). Usually, a nominal fee of $25-$30 will get you a wrist band and Marine Corps Birthday mug that entitles you to eat and drink all day long) or you can just pay for what you drink if you're not going to stay long.
If you have any questions, need hotel suggestions or whatever, give me a shout.
Semper Fi & Happy 232nd Birthday to the Marine Corps!

B

BodyByNotte

Thank Marissa!

And

Happy 232nd Birthday Marines!

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
:clap: Great Post! Very, very cool, I will let people know, there's a base right down the road= "Otis." And happy 232nd, and thanks for fighting for our freedom :clap:

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Happy birf, Marines.

Kill them all and let Allah sort their dumb asses.

Nortonsmeatytit

"That ball is outta here"
Sep 11, 2005
Philly
I'm not a Marine but went to one of these w/a friend who is a Marine Vet a couple years ago, great time

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Very Cool Thread
Birf to Marines
Oh and that will be the safest place ever in Philly.

B

BodyByNotte

Thanks to everyone for the BD wishes.

I don't feel a day over 200.

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
It's a little early but happy birfday to the Marine Corps. And thank you to all of you currently serving. :clap:

Turtle

WACKBAGGER
Jun 8, 2005
Happy Birthday U.S.M.C.

Nov 10th is the United States Marine Corps Birthday. I served for almost five years (MOS 1811) and hope that you will join me in wishing the Marine Corps a happy 232nd Birthday.

NightStalker3

a complete moron that posts
Oct 4, 2004
Happy Birthday Marines, Go Army!

I was in the Army for 8 years and am still jealous of this uniform ^^^^

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
B
I
R
F

And a Thank You to Turtle for serving our Great Country.

Ciarin

Loves her Mini Cooper
Oct 15, 2007
Lynn, MA
I went to a Marine Corps Birthday ball once. I wish I could go again. I just love marines.

semper fi!

Jimbo929

Check out my big c**k
Jul 26, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
Former Navy here, but I always wish the USMC a happy birf on 11-10, and have some SOS to celebrate.

Mikey3Stripes

Shooting Shit and Blowing Shit Up.
May 20, 2007
Long Island
Semper Fi!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday Marines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
in case I'm not on WB on Saturday, I'll give my Birthday wishes now :action-sm

thank you to those who served, are serving, or want to serve in the future

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
My cousin Steve is a 1st LT. attatched to 169 the Vipers and is an official AH-1W Cobra pilot. He's on his first deployment - he's been at Al Taqaddum for 3 weeks, but I'm not sure if that's where he's stationed or if that's where they're being housed until the full squadron switch is complete.

Happy Birthday U.S.M.C.

p.s. Don't forget that Veterans Day is Sunday, so be sure to thank a hero!

S

Snotbag

"HoooooRah!!!!!"

Zona992006

New Wackbag
Jan 26, 2007
:clap: Great Post! Very, very cool, I will let people know, there's a base right down the road= "Otis." And happy 232nd, and thanks for fighting for our freedom :clap:
I agree, Very cool post...(and I did 20 myself)

blueribbie

registered dick hole
Jun 16, 2006
Hoo Rah- Happy Birthday USMC and thanks for everything.

Kill a sandy to make me feel dandy.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
Happy Birthday to the Corps!