AUDIO: 911 Call for Help from Plantation Detective Shot by Girlfriend

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Plantation Police say one of their own, Detective and Public Information Officer Phil Toman was shot by his girlfriend, then went out back and shot herself.

The suicide caught on the 911 tape as Toman calmly told the dispatcher that his girlfriend shot him then went outside.

Listen to an excerpt of the 911 tape released by Plantation Police below.

Toman has been released from the hospital. No word on what prompted his girlfriend, Crystal Wilson, to shoot him in the leg, then apologize, tell him she loved him, and go out back and shoot herself.
Audio at the link:

http://www.610wiod.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=122821&article=10412021

It gets Veeeery interesting at about 1:40.

Really creepy audio all around.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Haha. Cops: Even dicks when calling for help.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Haha. Cops: Even dicks when calling for help.
Dude was bleeding out, likely in shock, and his batshit girlfriend was running around with a gun. You might be a little testy as well.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Sounds like a douche. No wonder she shot him.

Prolly killed herself cause she knew he'd beat the
fuck out of her when he healed.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Here is what crazy looks like. It also happens to be what dead looks like.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Dude was bleeding out, likely in shock, and his batshit girlfriend was running around with a gun. You might be a little testy as well.
You can tell when someone is generally frustrated or being a dick. He was being a dick. Reference audio from 9/11 caller. If anyone was justified at being 'testy', it was him. And he was not a dick.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
You can tell when someone is generally frustrated or being a dick. He was being a dick. Reference audio from 9/11 caller. If anyone was justified at being 'testy', it was him. And he was not a dick.
Sorry, not seeing it. The way he reacted to his girlfriend shooting herself alone tells me he was out of it.

Detective Philip Toman has been a Police Officer with the Plantation Police Department for 22 years. During that time, Toman spent 6 years on road patrol where he served as a Field Training Officer. In 1995, Toman became a School Resource Officer.

Toman remained in that position for the next 6 years working in both Plantation High School and South Plantation High School. In 2002, Toman transferred to the Criminal Investigations Bureau where he is currently a property crimes investigator specializing in burglary and grand theft investigations. In 2005, Toman took on the added responsibility of being one of the Public Information Officers for the department. This required him to be assigned to a Major Crimes Team.
As someone who works with police PIO's on a regular basis, a dick would not last in that position. You really have to love being around/dealing with people.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Sorry, not seeing it. The way he reacted to his girlfriend shooting herself alone tells me he was out of it.

As someone who works with police PIO's on a regular basis, a dick would not last in that position. You really have to love being around/dealing with people.
Those are exactly the people I'm most concerned about. The overtly friendly people. And position does not always dictate worker charateristics and how did that 'require' him to be assigned to a Major Crimes Team? Is that common practice?

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Sorry Biv but he sounded like an asshole to me. While I'm sure
that if I got shot I certainly wouldn't be happy about that, the way
he talked to the 911 operator and his general tone tells me he was
probably a dick when he wasn't playing nice to the public.

People can be that way. I've met many a 2 faced asshole over the years.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
lol he seemed quite annoyed that she shot him, it made me giggle