Audiobook recommendations

More or less because of the narrator (Tim Gerard Reynolds) the Threadbare series.

It's a world where the characters human or otherwise level up like in an RPG. Focuses on a toy bear (a golem) who was animated to life by his creator for his daughter. Can get a bit tedious with the constant level up alerts but the narrator handles this well.

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
More or less because of the narrator (Tim Gerard Reynolds) the Threadbare series.

It's a world where the characters human or otherwise level up like in an RPG. Focuses on a toy bear (a golem) who was animated to life by his creator for his daughter. Can get a bit tedious with the constant level up alerts but the narrator handles this well.
I might check it out. Anonymouse likely has it

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
@Jacuzzi Billy have you noticed that a new Red Rising book is out, Iron Gold?

Don't like the change in that there are 3 other narrators (4 POVs this time instead of all Darrow like the first 3 books). Still think Tim Gerard Reynolds narration of these characters is why I liked the first three books so much. Not saying the other 3 are no good, just no where near as good as his voices for the series.

I'm about 90% through the fourth book and it's been a pretty good followup which is set 10 years after the events of the 3rd book.
I'll start with the positive. Brown is for real. This book confirms he is the most talented writer in sci-fi today. TGR is also fantastic. It's amazing how good he is compared to the other narrators.

Having said that, Brown has made me livid with the "ending" of this book. There was no god damn ending or anything resembling an ending. Ya can't do that! A book has to have an ending even if it's part of a series.

I'll start with the positive. Brown is for real. This book confirms he is the most talented writer in sci-fi today. TGR is also fantastic. It's amazing how good he is compared to the other narrators.

Having said that, Brown has made me livid with the "ending" of this book. There was no god damn ending or anything resembling an ending. Ya can't do that! A book has to have an ending even if it's part of a series.
Hmm, can't say I remember an ending as much as a pause for the next installment. Notice Goodreads has book 5 coming out this July.

TGR delivery of many of the Gold characters is unmatched even in other books/characters he's done.

Saikotic

Donator

I've hit upon a few of those, thankfully having downloaded them as a part of a series. The First Law reminds me of this. To me that trilogy is just one long book.

Saikotic

Donator
Alan Cumming is a pretty decent narrator. I'm in a YA Steampunk novel called Leviathan, the first in a trilogy.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
Recently finished Blood, Sweat, and Pixels. A bunch of stories about game development that deal more with the business side of things than the engineering perspective.

Narration is solid, and at 8 hours, is makes for a great driving listen. Definitely recommend.