Automotive Service Repair Manuals

Special Eddie

I'M A VIOLENT EXTREMIST!
Feb 28, 2005
Rockland, New York
I like to do repairs on my own vehicles and I always buy the Service Repair Manual for each of the cars I own.
My wife has a 2011 Chrysler Town and Country and I can't find the service manual for it.
Chrysler sells a Service Parts Catalog on DVD that has all models from 1984 to date for $1,200 but no Service Repair Manual.
Where can I get the repair manual I need?

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
I like to do repairs on my own vehicles and I always buy the Service Repair Manual for each of the cars I own.
My wife has a 2011 Chrysler Town and Country and I can't find the service manual for it.
Chrysler sells a Service Parts Catalog on DVD that has all models from 1984 to date for $1,200 but no Service Repair Manual.
Where can I get the repair manual I need?
2011?? Doesn't it have a factory warranty for a few years? Could it void your warranty if you start wrenching on a covered component?

Special Eddie

I'M A VIOLENT EXTREMIST!
Feb 28, 2005
Rockland, New York
I haven't bought a manual in years. We do it all online.

Have you tried searching for a manual like a Chilton Book?

Here's some I found on a quick search:
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...5,k:chilton+manuals+chrysler+town+and+country
Thanks. Looks like my year is not out yet.
I'll check back next year.

2011?? Doesn't it have a factory warranty for a few years? Could it void your warranty if you start wrenching on a covered component?
For now I would only do repairs that are not covered like Brakes and Oil.
I bought an oil filter and it's an internal type which I've never done before.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
From Alldata:

CAUTION: When performing an engine oil change, the oil filter cap must be removed. Removing the oil filter cap releases oil held within the oil filter cavity and allows it to drain into the sump. Failure to remove the cap prior to reinstallation of the drain plug will not allow complete draining of the used engine oil.

1. Place an oil absorbant cloth around the oil filter housing at the base of the oil filter cap.

NOTE: The oil filter (3) is attached to the oil filter cap (2).

2. Rotate the oil filter cap (1) counterclockwise and remove the cap (1) and filter (3) from the oil filter housing.

3. Remove the oil filter (3) from the oil filter cap (2).
4. Remove and discard the O-ring seal (1).

Special Eddie

I'M A VIOLENT EXTREMIST!
Feb 28, 2005
Rockland, New York
Thank you!
AllData.com looks cheaper than buying the Manual, since I only hold on to cars for 10 years, 2 five year subscriptions is only $100.
I normally spend around $150 for one manual.

From Alldata:

CAUTION: When performing an engine oil change, the oil filter cap must be removed. Removing the oil filter cap releases oil held within the oil filter cavity and allows it to drain into the sump. Failure to remove the cap prior to reinstallation of the drain plug will not allow complete draining of the used engine oil.

1. Place an oil absorbant cloth around the oil filter housing at the base of the oil filter cap.

NOTE: The oil filter (3) is attached to the oil filter cap (2).

2. Rotate the oil filter cap (1) counterclockwise and remove the cap (1) and filter (3) from the oil filter housing.

3. Remove the oil filter (3) from the oil filter cap (2).
4. Remove and discard the O-ring seal (1).

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
We like Alldata. It gets updated constantly so you have all the up to date
service bulletins from the manufacturer along with the newest service
procedures and tech data. With a laptop and wireless you can have all
the info right there in the car while working on it.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i buy alldata for my cars,

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
Internal oil filters ?

First I've heard of them

Admittedly my truck is 12 years old and my car is 23 years old
So I don't really keep up with the newer vehicles