Movie Avatar Sequels

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
'Avatar' Sequels To Let Sam Worthington Plod Through Underwater Performance

April 8, 2013 / avatar, james cameron, jon landau, movie, news

James Cameron's loves of the deep sea and motion-capture cat people will reportedly at last come together in a big blue puddle for the Avatar sequels, Deadline reports. Speaking at the 2013 NAB Technology Summit on Cinema yesterday, producer Jon Landau revealed Cameron will once again lean on technology innovation to make up for sort of bland storytelling, and will now "do performance capture in water." Apparently they couldn't do that before, but now they will do that--maybe with waterproof spandex or something. In truth, they don't actually know exactly how they'll do it yet, but are said to be "currently exploring technologies to allow for underwater capture of actors' performances." Their experiments have thus far drowned five test Worthingtons.
http://iwatchstuff.com/2013/04/avatar-sequels-to-let-sam-worthington-pl.php

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
About time someone took care of the communist menace

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Is it ok for me to laugh at the people who said the first one was about setting up the world and the sequels would have more storytelling in them yet?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Is it ok for me to laugh at the people who said the first one was about setting up the world and the sequels would have more storytelling in them yet?
I think you'd need to wait to actually hear the new movie's plot before yelling at it for not having a story. How many legs does the seahorse need to make you satisfied?

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I think you'd need to wait to actually hear the new movie's plot before yelling at it for not having a story. How many legs does the seahorse need to make you satisfied?
If it is even remotely recognizable as a Sea Horse he already fucked up regardless of how many legs it has.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA

Avatar is a lot better when you stop paying attention to the story and start paying attention to the direction and technological innovations. I can appreciate them for that the same way I appreciate schlocky action films.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
It is my sincere hope that we all make it to the HitW: Avatar marathon. It will be the finest evening in wackbag history.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
So everyone saw the first movie because technology. But who actually liked it?

Nevermind. People are cunts. They'll be lining up for miles to see Pocahontas: The Abyss.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
It is my sincere hope that we all make it to the HitW: Avatar marathon. It will be the finest evening in wackbag history.
If we're still doing this in 2017, the night will end with a self-inflicted gunshot

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
If we're still doing this in 2017, the night will end with a self-inflicted gunshot
You do realize we've been doing this for 8 years already, right?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
How time flies. And I thought we did Fred Claus last December.
NeonTaster and I will go on without you if you ever find you're too good for us. We may even write a book together. "Liddy Used to Rule: The Rise and Fall of The Internet's Mightiest Triumvirate."

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
NeonTaster and I will go on without you if you ever find you're too good for us. We may even write a book together. "Liddy Used to Rule: The Rise and Fall of The Internet's Mightiest Triumvirate."
Wouldn't Liddy Ruled be a less cumbersome title?

And I never said it was me pulling the trigger. Do you think NeonTaster wants to be doing this four years from now? He didn't even want to be doing this four days ago!

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Wouldn't Liddy Ruled be a less cumbersome title?

And I never said it was me pulling the trigger. Do you think NeonTaster wants to be doing this four years from now? He didn't even want to be doing this four days ago!
I like cumbersome book titles, but I'll defer to Neon.

Neon will snap out of it. I have faith. Maybe if you threw him a like it may help him get his mojo back. It certainly worked for me.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
Man that will take at least 9hrs. Some ppl have jobs and attempt to have lives

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
So everyone saw the first movie because technology. But who actually liked it?

Nevermind. People are cunts. They'll be lining up for miles to see Pocahontas: The Abyss.
I liked it. I didn't think it was ZOMG AWESOMESAUCE! But I enjoyed seeing Pocahontas told in a slightly different way.

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
Personally It was probably my favorite Cameron movie since Aliens. But when I think about it, that's not really saying anything other than I hate Abyss, T2 and True Lies a lot more then Avatar.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
The Abyss was a really good movie. Watch the director's cut.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Personally It was probably my favorite Cameron movie since Aliens. But when I think about it, that's not really saying anything other than I hate Abyss, T2 and True Lies a lot more then Avatar.
You liked this piece of garbage more than T2? You have to be trolling. Have to be.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
You liked this piece of garbage more than T2? You have to be trolling. Have to be.
Hell, all three of those movies were better than Avatar.

But you're right. T2? One of the best science fiction movies ever made? And he likes Avacunt more?

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Hell, all three of those movies were better than Avatar.

But you're right. T2? One of the best science fiction movies ever made? And he likes Avacunt more?
And I will not accept the excuse that T2 has time travel plot holes. I can punch GIANT holes in Avatar's plot. For example, why would a peaceful society living in total harmony with their superorganism planet evolve a culture of tribal warriors with militaristic skills essential for right of passage?

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
And I will not accept the excuse that T2 has time travel plot holes. I can punch GIANT holes in Avatar's plot. For example, why would a peaceful society living in total harmony with their superorganism planet evolve a culture of tribal warriors with militaristic skills essential for right of passage?
I honestly don't know the answer to this question - were the Navi vegetarian? If not, they'd need some skills to hunt.

I thought the plot was that they were just simple hunters, and somehow Sam Worthington turned them all into warriors with a carefully constructed battle plan, which is even more preposterous if you think about it.