Movie Avengers: Infinity War, 4/27/18 and Avengers: Endgame, 4/26/19

Bobobie

Pre-incident - Luke Cage and Jessica Jones were in hiding. Daredevil didn't have his real suit yet. Iron Fist is a thundering dumb ass who hadn't arrived in NYC yet.

As for the events in Infinity War, in theory it would take 25-30 minutes to get to Bleeker Street from Harlem/UWS or 15 minutes from Hell's Kitchen. The Iron Fist would be the closest one to the action. But he would just get in the way.

In reality, the Netflix characters have forfeited their rights to have anything to do with the MCU ever again.
I'm talking about the recent Thanos invasion, not the Avengers 1 invasion. Hell, Spiderman managed to show up.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Going with it happened in the morning Jessica was likely still asleep and hung over, Luke would have to take the Subway all the way down, which, they probably would have shut down, DD...umm, in court and couldn't run out in time and I'd prefer Fist to show up and get crushed by a car.
All 3 of them are pretty overmatched for that fight anyway.
I'm totally fine with them kind of keeping the heroes kind of tiered to certain threat levels.

All 3 of them would be better suited to helping to helping out with the aftermath rather than dealing with the actual fight.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I'm talking about the recent Thanos invasion, not the Avengers 1 invasion. Hell, Spiderman managed to show up.
Who know what they were dealing with in their own neighborhoods. A space ship arrival is a good time to run amok.

I wonder if they will address it if the shows move forward..

Who know what they were dealing with in their own neighborhoods. A space ship arrival is a good time to run amok.

They shouldn't and I don't mean address it. I mean the shows shouldn't move forward altogether.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Headed for $112 million in weekend 2 (56% drop). It's at $1.16 billion globally and only opens in China this Friday. It will probably beat the Avengers to be the biggest comic book movie ever. Just for comparison, this weekend 2 box office is like $15 million more than Justice League did opening weekend.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Headed for $112 million in weekend 2 (56% drop). It's at $1.16 billion globally and only opens in China this Friday. It will probably beat the Avengers to be the biggest comic book movie ever. Just for comparison, this weekend 2 box office is like $15 million more than Justice League did opening weekend.
That’s a bigger drop than I’m sure they wanted in this short window they have before Deadpool and Solo come out. Not that they are griping all that much given how much money Black Panther made. And this will still be plenty profitable, but as I suspected, not going to set any records outside that incredible opening weekend and maybe biggest (worldwide) comic book movie. Those are nice records to have though.

As of right now Avengers 4 looks like it has a lot less competition. Aladdin, Toy Story 4, and a bunch of garbage that has spent years in development hell like Gambit, Men in Black, Charlie’s Angels, and 6 Billion Dollar Man. Aladdin and Toy Story will do well, but those other 4 probably won’t even combine to make what Jurassic World 2 will this summer.

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.

I've wondered this....since they have technically mentioned more from the MCU in recent shows, like on Jessica Jones they mention The Raft. Also they bring up Captain America by name a few times and if memory serves me right, even mention how he's a war criminal.

They don't have to run around along side the Avengers....but just connect them in subtle ways to where it all feels like one huge story. That's all we need. Making them two different entities does nothing but hurt the product, and let's be honest, the one that suffers more is Marvel TV.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
That’s a bigger drop than I’m sure they wanted in this short window they have before Deadpool and Solo come out. Not that they are griping all that much given how much money Black Panther made. And this will still be plenty profitable, but as I suspected, not going to set any records outside that incredible opening weekend and maybe biggest (worldwide) comic book movie. Those are nice records to have though.

As of right now Avengers 4 looks like it has a lot less competition. Aladdin, Toy Story 4, and a bunch of garbage that has spent years in development hell like Gambit, Men in Black, Charlie’s Angels, and 6 Billion Dollar Man. Aladdin and Toy Story will do well, but those other 4 probably won’t even combine to make what Jurassic World 2 will this summer.
But J-World 2 looks so stinky!

I also don't believe we'll see CA, Gambit, or especially #6Bills. They've been trying that one for years and zero movement.

I can't tell if this fall/winter looks good, but this yeah has been solid thus far.

Pigdango

Donator
Alright god dammit, let’s do this again!!!!

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Already passed Avengers and is now the biggest comic book movie of all time. It's also the second fastest to $500 million domestic. Projected $60 million weekend, which is about a 55% drop, which is exactly the drop it had from weekend 1 to weekend 2. That's still super healthy.

@Pigdango - I know you said they might be concerned because heavy competition is on the way, but second fastest to $500 million has to be pleasing. Additionally there is no way that this won't do gangbusters on home release. It's packed full of details and is a great movie to skip around to your favorite parts. Like I can envision some people just watching the Guardians stuff and some people just watching the Wakanda stuff. There's no way Marvel/Disney are walking away from this displeased. And the next one... Holy shit. Could it do even better due to the utter hype involved?

Pigdango

Donator
Already passed Avengers and is now the biggest comic book movie of all time. It's also the second fastest to $500 million domestic. Projected $60 million weekend, which is about a 55% drop, which is exactly the drop it had from weekend 1 to weekend 2. That's still super healthy.

@Pigdango - I know you said they might be concerned because heavy competition is on the way, but second fastest to $500 million has to be pleasing. Additionally there is no way that this won't do gangbusters on home release. It's packed full of details and is a great movie to skip around to your favorite parts. Like I can envision some people just watching the Guardians stuff and some people just watching the Wakanda stuff. There's no way Marvel/Disney are walking away from this displeased. And the next one... Holy shit. Could it do even better due to the utter hype involved?
The next one will do better even if it’s not a better movie, because it will be a more satisfying ending, a farewell to Downey, Evans, Hemsworth, and possibly Renner and Ruffalo

The next one will do better even if it’s not a better movie, because it will be a more satisfying ending, a farewell to Downey, Evans, Hemsworth, and possibly Renner and Ruffalo
It'll be interesting to see how they do after the next one, particularly if it's not a great movie. I'm sure they'll still do great, but I wonder if that situation would cause at least a few to lose a little interest.

Pigdango

Donator
It'll be interesting to see how they do after the next one, particularly if it's not a great movie. I'm sure they'll still do great, but I wonder if that situation would cause at least a few to lose a little interest.
As I’ve said many times, people are only going to start to lose interest if the movies start consistently sucking. Marvel has proven from the start that it doesn’t matter how well known or popular the characters are - if the movie is entertaining people will show up.

BIV

As I’ve said many times, people are only going to start to lose interest if the movies start consistently sucking. Marvel has proven from the start that it doesn’t matter how well known or popular the characters are - if the movie is entertaining people will show up.
In fact, if recent history us any indication, the more "far out" the movie is, the more people will flock to it.

Guardians?
Thor in space?
Black Panther?

People will not only go see it, they are hungry for it.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
I'm not sure this is it for Hemsworth. After Ragnarok and how well he gels with the cosmic universe stuff, it would be a shame to kill him off. They might contrive some reason for him to not be connected to earth anymore but I would definitely want at least one more Waititi Thor movie if that is even being considered.

BIV

I'm not sure this is it for Hemsworth. After Ragnarok and how well he gels with the cosmic universe stuff, it would be a shame to kill him off. They might contrive some reason for him to not be connected to earth anymore but I would definitely want at least one more Waititi Thor movie if that is even being considered.
I don't think Hemsworth is going anywhere.

In fact, I'm sure we'll still see Downey and Evans in bit parts and small roles. 1-7 days work for a nice little paycheck.

Pigdango

Donator
I’ve said many times that I don’t think Hemsworth is going anywhere due to his horrendous track record outside the MCU. It just feels like the movie set him up to be the one to die in part 2.

I really don’t see it being Cap or Iron Man. I think Cap will ask them to use the time stone to send him back to the 40’s to be with Peggy (this was foreshadowed in Age of Ultron) and I think Stark will get his happily ever after with Pepper and baby Morgan. (Paltrow recently gave this away in an interview.)

So if one of the big three is to die, it will be Thor.

THAT BEING SAID - I also don’t believe he will stay dead. In the comics, when Ragnarok comes, all of the Asgardians die including Thor. The persistent rumor has been that the Avengers will only use their gauntlet to undo the finger snap, meaning those that Thanos killed beforehand will stay dead. That’s Loki, Hemidall, Vision (who will be rebuilt by Shuri but without the mind stone will remain grey and not have the same personality.) and Gamora, who will remain trapped in the soul stone. (Rescuing her will be the plot of Guardians 3.)

The Russos recently revealed that Sif was killed by the finger snap. Why would they bother to reveal that specifically? Because Thor 4 will feature her, Valkyrie, Korg and Miek traveling to Valhalla to rescue all the dead Asgardians.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
I’ve said many times that I don’t think Hemsworth is going anywhere due to his horrendous track record outside the MCU. It just feels like the movie set him up to be the one to die in part 2.

I really don’t see it being Cap or Iron Man. I think Cap will ask them to use the time stone to send him back to the 40’s to be with Peggy (this was foreshadowed in Age of Ultron) and I think Stark will get his happily ever after with Pepper and baby Morgan. (Paltrow recently gave this away in an interview.)

THAT BEING SAID - I also don’t believe he will stay dead. In the comics, when Ragnarok comes, all of the Asgardians die including Thor. The persistent rumor has been that the Avengers will only use their gauntlet to undo the finger snap, meaning those that Thanos killed beforehand will stay dead. That’s Loki, Hemidall, Vision (who will be rebuilt by Shuri but without the mind stone will remain grey and not have the same personality.) and Gamora, who will remain trapped in the soul stone. (Rescuing her will be the plot of Guardians 3.)

The Russos recently revealed that Sif was killed by the finger snap. Why would they bother to reveal that specifically? Because Thor 4 will feature her, Valkyrie, Korg and Miek traveling to Valhalla to rescue all the dead Asgardians.
That makes me think,

Maybe we are thinking about death in too literal of a sense. Instead of that we could classify them three ways:

1. Characters that won't return (for whatever reason)
2. Characters that return but won't be around in the same way
3. Characters that survive and will continue to be the Avengers

You think Cap and Stark will be in group 1 (either die or go somewhere else and not be in anymore movies. I think Thor might be in group 2. Maybe he is exiled to another dimension and spends his next solo movie or two wandering around trying to get back.

Pigdango

Donator
That makes me think,

Maybe we are thinking about death in too literal of a sense. Instead of that we could classify them three ways:

You think Cap and Stark will be in group 1 (either die or go somewhere else and not be in anymore movies. I think Thor might be in group 2. Maybe he is exiled to another dimension and spends his next solo movie or two wandering around trying to get back.

Right. Here’s the way I see Phase 4 shaping up. And I think if you consider everything from Iron Man 3 to Infinity War as “Marvel’s Empire Strikes Back and Wrath of Khan rolled into one” and everything from Avengers 4 onward as “ROTJ/Star Trek 3&4” this will make sense.

Avengers 4
Spidey 2

Black Panther 2 - this could be interesting. I expect Shuri to take up the mantle of Black Panther while T’Challa is out. So this might be “her” movie and set in between Avengers 3&4. It could also turn into the “female avengers” movie that’s been rumored. Otherwise I don’t know what you do with a Black Panther 2. The original is highly self contained and doesn’t lend itself at all to a sequel. They clearly weren’t planning on multiple BP films - Boseman is only signed for one more film. So they may keep him out of this and save him for Avengers 5.

Guardians 3 - the search for Gamora

Captain America 4 (with Bucky and/or Falcon as Cap)

Thor 4 as I outlined above (I forgot to mention Jane will also likely be part of the quest. Portman is signed for one more movie I believe.)

A Star Trek movie without Spock seemed crazy in 1984, but they pulled it off. So don’t discount the idea of Black Panther, Cap, and Thor movies without those guys in them.

That makes me think,

I think Cap and Stark fall into group 1. Possibly Hawkeye as well.

I think Thor falls into group 3 and depending on if Ruffalo wants to continue playing the part, the Hulk.

Black Widow is tricky. I know they want to do a solo movie. But I get the feeling if that doesn't happen, I can see her falling into either group 1 or 2.

I think all of the remaining characters fall into group 3.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
I saw it again this weekend and liked it a lot more the second time. The Spidey/Stark relationship is such a terrific way to differentiate Parker from previous incarnations and Holland plays it so well.

I also think his HC2 suit will be devoid of Connelly or massive Stark tech, which I am looking forward to.

Here's a question for 2019. Which will win the franchise finale battle critically and financially - IW2 or Star Wars 9. Because I think IW catapulted the MCU past the current Star Wars franchise.

BIV

I'm curious about the possibility of
Thor in G3. I doubt they are in pre-production yet and the positive reaction to that pairing may lead to them taking a hard look at it.

Pigdango

Donator
I'm curious about the possibility of
Thor in G3. I doubt they are in pre-production yet and the positive reaction to that pairing may lead to them taking a hard look at it.
That was somehow a double fail. I didn’t get the alert and the spoiler tag didn’t work either.

I think the answer is no on that one. I think the better possibility is Iron Man, which has happened in the comics. But ultimately I think it will be the Guardians and feature the intro of Adam Warlock. There’s a possibility Thanos could carry over as the villain in this one or even as a surprising hero depending on which direction they take things.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
I saw it again this weekend and liked it a lot more the second time. The Spidey/Stark relationship is such a terrific way to differentiate Parker from previous incarnations and Holland plays it so well.

I also think his HC2 suit will be devoid of Connelly or massive Stark tech, which I am looking forward to.

Here's a question for 2019. Which will win the franchise finale battle critically and financially - IW2 or Star Wars 9. Because I think IW catapulted the MCU past the current Star Wars franchise.
I think it hinges on the information that starts to flow out regarding Episode IX and what might and/or might not happen in it. I still think it has an uphill battle (which is amazing to think of considering how hot Star Wars was a mere 2 years ago), but who knows.