Movie Avengers: Infinity War, 4/27/18 and Avengers: Endgame, 4/26/19

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
Got my tixs through Atom. IMAX screening at 6pm on the 25th. The Teacher will be in Greece that week chaperoning high school people, so I guess I’ll bite the bullet and go see it with her when she gets back.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Got my tixs through Atom. IMAX screening at 6pm on the 25th. The Teacher will be in Greece that week chaperoning high school people, so I guess I’ll bite the bullet and go see it with her when she gets back.
I got mine through the Regal app and had no troubles at all. When the artist formerly known as Fandango isn't using your site, you know you done fucked up but good.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
I got mine through the Regal app and had no troubles at all. When the artist formerly known as Fandango isn't using your site, you know you done fucked up but good.
I would’ve gotten them through The Regal app but for some weird reason they didn’t have the Crossgates IMAX Times.

Pigdango

Donator
Alright, anyone who cares about this thing, or just likes to guess stuff, let's guess the box office for Avengers: Endgame!

boxoffice.com is forecasting a $265 million opening weekend, just a shade over Infinity War's $257 million. They are forecasting a somewhat modest domestic total of $645 million, meaning they don't think the legs will be as strong as they were for Infinity War.

I'm not going to quibble with the opening weekend. It could conceivably do a little less than Infinity War due to the 3 hour runtime. One lost showing per screen per day could compress the opening a bit. But with Dumbo flopping and nothing else of note opening between now and then, theaters should be able to clear off enough extra screens. (Sorry, Shazam and Hellboy)

Where I think they are off is on the legs. Infinity War arguably faced stiffer competition for it's core audience from Deadpool 2 and Solo. Endgame doesn't really face much competition for it's demo until Godzilla 2, and that doesn't come out until Endgame's 6th week. And I'm not even sure the combo of Pikachu and Aladdin can top Solo-Pool's $530 million. Even if they do, Solo and Pool didn't really seem to slow Infinity War down that much. It didn't hold quite as well as the first Avengers, but it still held pretty damn well for a movie that opened that strong.

Plus, I have to believe that Endgame will have a more crowd pleasing and satisfying ending. Sorry, all you "Cap and Stark die" theorists out there.

There would be no satisfaction at all in resurrecting Spidey, Bucky and Falcon if Stark or Cap have to die in order to do it. THINK before you theorize, people!

Thor on the other hand...

Doomed.

Anyway, I think Endgame comfortably clears $800 million. I think some good math can be found in the films these movies aspire to be: Return of the Jedi made 20% more than Empire Strikes Back. If Endgame does the same it finishes at $815 million, second only to The Force Awakens Domestically.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
I got a ticket to an 8:45 a.m. showing on 4/27. I may see if I can also get a ticket to a Friday evening show at 6:00. But right now AMC and Fandango are having issues.
Same...the only ticket that wasn't a single seat at the front of the theater was an 830 AM showing on 4/27. Probably the soonest I can get to the theater anyway. I'll smuggle an egg mcmuffin in my pocket

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
With the pre-sale hype, and the opportunity to expand into more theaters based on pre-sales alone, I could see this doing $300M first weekend domestically.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Got my ticket. IMAX, center of theater, center seat, 3pm

Pigdango

Donator
Got my ticket. IMAX, center of theater, center seat, 3pm
I'm seeing it in a regular theater on Thursday, then IMAX on Sunday. Then many, many, many times after that assuming it's good.

If Iron Man dies I'm burning my IMAX ticket.

Pigdango

Donator
Maybe I'll do a 1 am showing. Whatever.
Alright tell me what theater and time and I'll buy your ticket and email it to you. Chrissakes what is the service fee, like $2?

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
I'm seeing it in a regular theater on Thursday, then IMAX on Sunday. Then many, many, many times after that assuming it's good.

The movies already out? Seems like just yester year that the other one was out.

BIV

Him or Cap, one is a dead man.

I plan to marathon Ragnarok and Infinity on Saturday.

Or, maybe we should do a special HitW of those two the previous weekend.

Pigdango

Donator
Him or Cap, one is a dead man.
You're a Star Wars guy, right? Do you think Return of the Jedi works if Han, Luke or Leia die? Lando - maybe they get away with Lando. But not Han, Luke, or Leia. Especially Luke.

I think they can get away with Thor, because there's such an easy out to bring him back.

Pigdango

Donator
They lord of the rings it.
Sort of, yeah. They claim they filmed the movies consecutively so they could focus on one film at a time. That may actually explain how some of the dustings were chosen - Actor schedules and such. They deny it, but I think Jeremy Renner's broken arms led to his exclusion from Infinity War.

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
Alright tell me what theater and time and I'll buy your ticket and email it to you. Chrissakes what is the service fee, like $2?

Remember, I saw Avengers: Infinity War first night by accident. I went to see You Were Never Really Here and the theater added additional showtimes for Infinity War so I was able to see it afterwards.

And it's not the surcharge; it's that I don't like being in ridiculously packed theaters.

So my plan is as follows. Saunter into a theater I know will have a lot of showtimes and say "1 Iron Man please." And if they're like "all the Iron Mans are sold out," I'll be 'cool' and I'll see another movie playing around that time. I can see Hellboy, Teen Spirit, Little, that Andrew Garfield movie that they postponed for an entire year, The Curse of My Sharona.

Alternatively, if they're like "all the Iron Mans are sold out until the 11:30 showing or the midnight showing or fuck it the 1 am showing,"
I'll be 'cool' and I'll see another movie playing around that time. I can see Hellboy, Teen Spirit, Little, that Andrew Garfield movie that they postponed for an entire year, The Curse of My Sharona.

I'll be fine. Don't you worry about me. I got this taken care of.

Pigdango

Donator
Apparently the movie has been partially spoiled by.... the Thanos Build a Bear?!?!

Likely these are real spoilers, so read at your own risk:

"I had all the power in my grasp,"
"How are you doing this? You do not have the will to wield the power of the Infinity Stones!"

Pigdango

Donator
Remember, I saw Avengers: Infinity War first night by accident. I went to see You Were Never Really Here and the theater added additional showtimes for Infinity War so I was able to see it afterwards.

And it's not the surcharge; it's that I don't like being in ridiculously packed theaters.

So my plan is as follows. Saunter into a theater I know will have a lot of showtimes and say "1 Iron Man please." And if they're like "all the Iron Mans are sold out," I'll be 'cool' and I'll see another movie playing around that time. I can see Hellboy, Teen Spirit, Little, that Andrew Garfield movie that they postponed for an entire year, The Curse of My Sharona.

Alternatively, if they're like "all the Iron Mans are sold out until the 11:30 showing or the midnight showing or fuck it the 1 am showing,"
I'll be 'cool' and I'll see another movie playing around that time. I can see Hellboy, Teen Spirit, Little, that Andrew Garfield movie that they postponed for an entire year, The Curse of My Sharona.

I'll be fine. Don't you worry about me. I got this taken care of.
You have no idea how worried I am at the prospect of you seeing Hellboy.

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
You have no idea how worried I am at the prospect of you seeing Hellboy.
A) I will be seeing it. Don't you worry.
B) The only thing I'm worried about is whether the movie is going to be an an hour 45 tops or 2 and a half hours.

BIV

You're a Star Wars guy, right? Do you think Return of the Jedi works if Han, Luke or Leia die? Lando - maybe they get away with Lando. But not Han, Luke, or Leia. Especially Luke.

I think they can get away with Thor, because there's such an easy out to bring him back.
I see your point....but that was three movies. This is movie #22. And I think SOMEONE has to die permanently.

Personally, I put my bets on Cap dying and the mantle going to Bucky or Falcon.

No way Thor dies, IMO, he's the most bankable of the OG Avengers right now (who woulda thunk it?)

And I don't think anyone else would have any real impact. Does anyone give a shit if Rhodey dies?

Widow has another film in the works. No way they kill family man Legolas.

But, maybe I'm wrong and they don't kill anyone.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
I see your point....but that was three movies. This is movie #22. And I think SOMEONE has to die permanently.

Personally, I put my bets on Cap dying and the mantle going to Bucky or Falcon.

No way Thor dies, IMO, he's the most bankable of the OG Avengers right now (who woulda thunk it?)

And I don't think anyone else would have any real impact. Does anyone give a shit if Rhodey dies?

Widow has another film in the works. No way they kill family man Legolas.

But, maybe I'm wrong and they don't kill anyone.
It's not a Marvel movie unless we can also see Loki die for the ninth time.

Bobobie

I'm getting mine via RARBG.