Movie Avengers: Infinity War, 4/27/18 and Avengers: Endgame, 4/26/19

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I'm guessing Captain America dies, but partially by working backwards.

Since I believe Black Widow will be a prequel and sequel, I can imagine a portion of the movie has to do with her dealing with his death. I think that would add an extra layer to what the character is going through - far more than wondering why isn't Captain America showing up.

Similarly, the Bucky/Falcon Disney+ series - them traveling the world trying to figure out what to do after the Death of Captain America makes more sense as the premise than - wondering why Captain America isn't showing up.

Plus there are other little things that makes me think that's where his character is heading. The shot from the first teaser of him looking at Peggy's picture in his compass. Moving Mjolinir in Avengers: Age of Ultron. I'm sure there's something from Civil War or Infinity War I could manipulate to fit into this but I don't care enough to put in the effort.

Regardless, I think it would make a lot of sense for his overall story being making the ultimate sacrifice to save the galaxy from the ultimate bully.

Him sacrificing himself is how I see it going down -- unless he's going to sacrifice himself and Iron Man sacrifices himself first or Iron Man saves him when he's a split second from death.

Now what does "death" actually mean? I don't know. Will he use the time stone to get the last dance with Peggy? I don't know. But I'm going with good night Cappy.
Maybe I'm too married to the comics, but I see Cap's "I can do this all day" spirit playing out exactly how it does in the The Infinity Gauntlet, when Thanos kills him, gloats about it for a few minutes, only to turn and find Cap still standing there. The very best Thanos stories are the ones in which the only one who can really defeat Thanos is Thanos himself.

Either way, it seems obvious that Cap's story ends with him getting that dance with Peggy. Whether that's a spiritual dance as Cap dies or whether he uses the Time Stone, I think that's how his MCU story ends.

I do agree that one way or another Bucky and Falcon will be a story about a world without a Cap. Maybe a "Who will wield the shield" type thing, with Bucky eventually taking over as Captain America.

And while folks have said "If Cap goes back in time, he'll fuck up the future", I think this actually makes for some potentially interesting storytelling. What if he goes back determined to let things play out to protect the future they've just saved, but can't help himself, and eventually maybe you find out he pulled some of the strings along the way in the MCU to have things end up the way they did. Maybe we even find out he was Robert Redford's character or something totally wacky.

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
Maybe I'm too married to the comics, but I see Cap's "I can do this all day" spirit playing out exactly how it does in the The Infinity Gauntlet, when Thanos kills him, gloats about it for a few minutes, only to turn and find Cap still standing there. The very best Thanos stories are the ones in which the only one who can really defeat Thanos is Thanos himself.

Either way, it seems obvious that Cap's story ends with him getting that dance with Peggy. Whether that's a spiritual dance as Cap dies or whether he uses the Time Stone, I think that's how his MCU story ends.

I do agree that one way or another Bucky and Falcon will be a story about a world without a Cap. Maybe a "Who will wield the shield" type thing, with Bucky eventually taking over as Captain America.

And while folks have said "If Cap goes back in time, he'll fuck up the future", I think this actually makes for some potentially interesting storytelling. What if he goes back determined to let things play out to protect the future they've just saved, but can't help himself, and eventually maybe you find out he pulled some of the strings along the way in the MCU to have things end up the way they did. Maybe we even find out he was Robert Redford's character or something totally wacky.
That's what I meant by 'what does "death" actually mean'? I mean it more as "take him off the board" rather than bloated corpse. It could be bloated corpse but it doesn't have to be bloated corpse. But if he ends up being some sort of parent or grandparent or uncle to Agent 13 that would be #gross.

I'd say he'd be sensitive about fucking up the future, but I don't think he'd let the injustices of the mid-20th century just happen while he sits on a farm somewhere. It opens up a bunch of storytelling possibilities, but I don't necessarily think they'd just put him back in 1945 and hope for the best. Maybe some time bubble?

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
If you know or find out who lives or dies, use spoiler tags to respect the others. I'd rather not have to correct mistakes.

Pigdango

Donator
If you know or find out who lives or dies, use spoiler tags to respect the others. I'd rather not have to correct mistakes.
Nobody knows shit, Sauce. But I have a hunch my speculation is on point.

I say that confidently, but if you go back and read the first couple pages of any movie thread, you will learn I’m pretty much 100% wrong on everything.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Nobody knows shit, Sauce. But I have a hunch my speculation is on point.

I say that confidently, but if you go back and read the first couple pages of any movie thread, you will learn I’m pretty much 100% wrong on everything.
I know who dies.

Frankenberry, Rachel Dolezal, and the drummer from Hewy Lewis and the News.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
If I had the Time Stone, I wouldn't necessarily turn back time (other than to correct regrets, which would then become additional regrets, which would then become...)

Anyway, if I had the Time Stone, my preference would be for time to stop. Not to go back and get more sleep, but create bubbles where nothing happens, nothing can happen, so you can just relax.
You don't need the time stone for that. The Autobot Hot Rod can do that with his plasma gun. He fires his gun and these time bubbles stop and or slow time.

Sent from your Mom's box.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Got my ticket. IMAX, center of theater, center seat, 3pm
.....and then I realize that my vacation starts that weekend.

Mother fucker.

I now have the same seat, but I'm going at 11:00 p.m. Friday night.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
I'm taking Friday off. Have one showing at 1:30 or something, but I may go spur of the moment to a morning one depending on mood, catch it twice in a row.
I'm very excited to finally have tickets to this thing in hand. Sure hope all the angry incels who thought that Captain Marvel's butt was ruining the MCU don't get all riled up over this one too.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
That was badass. Would have liked to add the Whiplash line in there along with Iron Man punching Thanos, but that's a very small complaint. What an accomplishment this is going to be.

Pigdango

Donator
Thor's allowed to like her, because Chris Hemsworth isn't 40 yet

Pigdango

Donator
I saw a "leak" on reddit that claims

Captain Marvel dies in the first battle with Thanos

I don't believe this is a real spoiler, I think this is a bit of wishcasting for obvious reasons, but it's also a really intelligent guess that's potentially backed up by the footage they've released and the fact that

Captain Marvel is never seen in a white Quantum Suit, even in merchandise.

Aside from white men claiming victory over the evil feminist, I think this would be a good thing for the story, as they have spent an awful lot of time talking about how powerful Captain Marvel is, and a lot of folks have asked "If she's so powerful, can't she ride in like the cavalry and kick Thanos' ass?" She certainly seems to think so in the clip they released. So with that buildup, to see Thanos kill her in the opening minutes would be a very sobering "oh, it's not gonna be that easy" moment.

Captain Marvel has to be alive by the end, so it will be interesting to see how they handle that.

The same leak also claims that Thor is killed. Again, I think this is just speculation based on Thor not being seen in the white Quantum suits. But I've been on the Thor dies train for a year now, so it's good to see other folks start to join me.

Pigdango

Donator
I'm no body language expert, but without being prompted, Hemsworth says he doesn't know if Thor lives or dies. He also says he doesn't know how the movie ends, and that he'd be more than happy to do another movie.

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
I'm no body language expert, but without being prompted, Hemsworth says he doesn't know if Thor lives or dies. He also says he doesn't know how the movie ends, and that he'd be more than happy to do another movie.

He attacked Jussie Smollet!