Movie Avengers: Infinity War, 4/27/18 and Avengers: Endgame, 4/26/19

LiddyRules

Regional Sales Rep for Fontaine Fish Finder
Not gonna work unless that re-release hits China.
I am interested in what the extra footage is even though I know it's unimportant, but I couldn't imagine what would get me back in the theater.

Unless it's a scene after Captain America gives the shield to Falcon and instead of him dancing with Peggy, they're all standing around awkwardly deciding what to do next. "Do you want to see The Hulk? He's here. There's a diner nearby. We could...have...coffee."

Is Sam Worthington still alive?
The trio of him, Jai Courtney, and Channing Tatum fulfilled their beefcake functions and disappeared into the heavens.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Come pay money to watch a couple of DVD extras! Christ, Marvel...

LiddyRules

"Joe, just record a fucking cell phone video of you thanking people for suppo - "

"Fuck you."

"Come on, man. Just one more 'We love you 3-"

"Fuck you 3,000."
"I'll record your bloody message if you finish the deleted scene."
"... Well played."

Pigdango

Donator
Pretty weak poster, too. I'm rooting for Avatar to retain the title...I just wish Sam Worthington was still alive to bask in the glory if it happens.
I'm torn. Obviously I'm a huge Marvel fan, but Endgame was such a tremendous letdown of a movie. Avatar certainly cheated their way to the title with 3D upcharges and a more impactful re-release...meh. It doesn't really matter anyway. If Disney hadn't bought Fox, we would have gotten an Avatar 10th Anniversary re-release that would have probably added quite a bit world-wide.

What will be more fun to watch is how Avatar 2 does when it's eventually released. Will it be 3D only with a higher than normal upcharge? I think it will be.

Pigdango

Donator
"I'll record your bloody message if you finish the deleted scene."
"... Well played."
The unfinished deleted scene made me giggle almost as much as the sneak peak at a movie that comes out 3 days from now.

LiddyRules

The unfinished deleted scene made me giggle almost as much as the sneak peak at a movie that comes out 3 days from now.
Those Icarus bastards. They were so desperate to beat Avatar that they did everything wrong. Wrong release date, wrong extras. Like you said, release it around Labor Day when there's nothing else. I would maybe have paid for a Marvel One Shot dealing with the weird ramifications of the second Snap. Do it on the cheap with Thor's roommate.

LiddyRules

I'm torn. Obviously I'm a huge Marvel fan, but Endgame was such a tremendous letdown of a movie. Avatar certainly cheated their way to the title with 3D upcharges and a more impactful re-release...meh. It doesn't really matter anyway. If Disney hadn't bought Fox, we would have gotten an Avatar 10th Anniversary re-release that would have probably added quite a bit world-wide.

What will be more fun to watch is how Avatar 2 does when it's eventually released. Will it be 3D only with a higher than normal upcharge? I think it will be.
I hope that Avatar 2 doesn't start another resurgence of 3D films. That was annoying af for nearly a decade afterwards. Part of the reason I disliked Wonder Woman.

What might be interesting with Avatar 2 - particularly with home video - is if Cameron ties it deeply into the modern popularity of VR.

LiddyRules

After reading this report, I'm sure Endgame will beat Avatar now.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/28/ave...f-footage-contains-tribute-deleted-scene.html

A tribute to Stan Lee
When the credits finally roll, the first new clip fans are treated to is a short tribute to the late Stan Lee.

Lee was the iconic writer and producer behind many of Marvel’s most popular characters. He has been a staple in Marvel films since the beginning, showing up in small cameo roles in nearly every feature from “Iron Man” onward.

“Not only did I not think I would be doing a cameo in such a big movie, I hadn’t dreamt there’d be such a big movie,” Lee says in a voiceover. “In those days, I was writing those books, I was hoping they’d sell so I wouldn’t lose my job and that I could keep paying the rent.”

The tribute shows behind-the-scenes clips of Lee filming several of his cameos as well as comments from several directors of Marvel films including Jon Favreau ( “Iron Man”) and James Gunn (“Guardians of the Galaxy”).

“I’ve remembered every cameo I’ve done since the first one,” Lee says in footage shot before his death in November. He was 95. “I think I’m a very lucky guy.”

What has the Hulk been up to?

Next up is a deleted scene from “Endgame.” The film already clocked in at over three hours, so the production team had to trim a few clips to make the run time lower.

“Thanks for sticking around,” co-director Anthony Russo says in a short clip before the deleted scene. “As you may have noticed we packed a lot into this movie. There are a lot of characters, a lot of action, a lot of emotion, and I think a lot of fun. But believe it or not we shot some scenes that we needed to cut out; I know, the movie could have been even longer.”

The scene is unfinished and short. It depicts the Hulk saving several people from a building fire using a satellite dish to carry them to safety. He then receives a phone call, which he picks up on what appears to be an iPad.

“Steve who?” [I assume this should read "Scott" - #Liddy!!) Bruce Banner asks, now transformed into what has been called “Professor Hulk,” a melding of Banner and Hulk into an intelligent and massively strong being.

The Hulk is not fully rendered in this scene. His mouth doesn’t even move when he speaks his lines. But it shows that he was still out in the world helping innocent people in times of trouble after “the snap.”

It is suggested that this is the phone call that leads to Banner meeting up with Captain America (Steve Rogers), Black Widow (Natasha Rominoff) and Ant-Man (Scott Lang) at a diner during the first part of “Endgame.”

Here comes Spider-Man

To promote the upcoming “Spider-Man: Far From Home,” Marvel has also inserted a short clip from the film during the post-credits.
It is the opening scene to the second standalone Spider-Man flick in this Marvel Cinematic Universe. It shows Nick Fury and Maria Hill arriving at a Mexican village that has been destroyed by some natural disaster. Or so it seems.

As the two S.H.I.E.L.D. agents walk through the rubble, they are greeted by Mysterio and a giant rock monster.

“You don’t want any part of this,” he says as he attacks the monster with his powers, green energy flying from his hands.

I REL'ed from the deleted scene. I imagined it being Ruffalo is a mo-cap suit in an entirely green room doing Hulk dialogue (voice unmodulated) and occasionally cutting to "Incredible Blob" level stock temp CGI animation where the characters only have three movements.

Also, the scene makes little sense. The first time we see Professor Hulk at the diner is a great reveal with Scott sharing in the audience's confusion.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Avengers: Endgame overtakes Avatar as top box office movie of all time

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
After reading this report, I'm sure Endgame will beat Avatar now.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/28/ave...f-footage-contains-tribute-deleted-scene.html

I REL'ed from the deleted scene. I imagined it being Ruffalo is a mo-cap suit in an entirely green room doing Hulk dialogue (voice unmodulated) and occasionally cutting to "Incredible Blob" level stock temp CGI animation where the characters only have three movements.

Also, the scene makes little sense. The first time we see Professor Hulk at the diner is a great reveal with Scott sharing in the audience's confusion.
Lol. I couldn't help but think of The Amazing Bulk.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
- Of course the guy at the support group is gay. Because lately, everyone is always Gay to push the narrative that being Gay is ok. Even though most, in reality, don't give a fuck who someone fucks.

- I hate Paul Rudd.

- Way to try to hamhandedly handle the simple theory of splintering a timeline with a 20 second babblefish diatribe. Fucking painful.

- Continuity errors aplenty.

- That 'Girl Power' moment was gut churning to the point I had to take a breather and shake it off. Concentrated douchechill right to the chin. EEEEEEE-UCK!

- Captain Marvel is atrocious in every scene she's in.

- UGH! Fucking Wakanda. I hate Wakanda. Black Panther is a bag of virtue signalling shit. Same with the 'Girl Power' moment. Horrid.

- Anyone see Hulk in the last fight? Me either.

- So Sam is Blactain America. With none Powers at all. I guess.

And it's the highest grossing movie? Ever, ever? Alright.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
- Of course the guy at the support group is gay. Because lately, everyone is always Gay to push the narrative that being Gay is ok. Even though most, in reality, don't give a fuck who someone fucks.

- I hate Paul Rudd.

- Way to try to hamhandedly handle the simple theory of splintering a timeline with a 20 second babblefish diatribe. Fucking painful.

- Continuity errors aplenty.

- That 'Girl Power' moment was gut churning to the point I had to take a breather and shake it off. Concentrated douchechill right to the chin. EEEEEEE-UCK!

- Captain Marvel is atrocious in every scene she's in.

- UGH! Fucking Wakanda. I hate Wakanda. Black Panther is a bag of virtue signalling shit. Same with the 'Girl Power' moment. Horrid.

- Anyone see Hulk in the last fight? Me either.

- So Sam is Blactain America. With none Powers at all. I guess.

And it's the highest grossing movie? Ever, ever? Alright.
Edgy.