Baby Sarah's Band & MySpace

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
No offense, but they sounded very generic.
I don't "get" the Sis Boom Bah song thing, and don't give me the too cool for the room "It's punk" shit about how just shouting sis boom bah is fantastic.

I get that she's a friend of the show, but Cmon Mista B.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
No offense, but they sounded very generic.
I don't "get" the Sis Boom Bah song thing, and don't give me the too cool for the room "It's punk" shit about how just shouting sis boom bah is fantastic.

I get that she's a friend of the show, but Cmon Mista B.
To be fair, Ronnie's taste in music is a little lacking. He seems to be far more concerned with his music being "cool" or "hip" as opposed to good.

AngryHoboPete

Only after disaster can we be resurrected.
Apr 16, 2005
Streets of Philly
To be fair, Ronnie's taste in music is a little lacking. He seems to be far more concerned with his music being "cool" or "hip" as opposed to good.
Bullshit, ron's got a great ear for good music. Just becuse its popular doesnt make it good music. HE seems to know of all the bands that pepper hicks has been playing. Who by the way is 1000% better then earl with his picks. Todays misfits song was a great choice.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Todays misfits song was a great choice.
Thank you for voiding your opinion.
Doesn't have to be popular, popular tends to suck as well. It's just got to be good.

8th note strums of three chords over and over again with a talentless ass at the mic does not make for good music. Punk sucks shit.

And Pepper's selection havn't been exactly sparkling as a whole. Earl played top 40 shit, Pepper plays underground shit.

AngryHoboPete

Only after disaster can we be resurrected.
Apr 16, 2005
Streets of Philly
8th note strums of three chords over and over again with a talentless ass at the mic does not make for good music. Punk sucks shit.

And Pepper's selection havn't been exactly sparkling as a whole. Earl played top 40 shit, Pepper plays underground shit.
I like how you made it sound as if that you came up with something new instead of just saying its the " Punk is just the same 4 cords over and over."

Pointing out the simplicity of a song does not make that song any less good.
Music is about a feeling it generates in the listner, not technical proficiney. If you want some complex over produced peice of shit, fine, good for you. Hearing a song played in some shithole club when your 16 that resinates to whats in your head at the time will stay with you for your whole life.

So top 40 is shit..underground is shit..punk is shit. What passes for good music to one with such high standers as yourself?

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I like how you made it sound as if that you came up with something new instead of just saying its the " Punk is just the same 4 cords over and over."
Wait, isn't that pretty much exactly what I said? I just didn't give the leeway of the fourth chord and decided to take a shot at the singer as well. It's been said so many times because truth is truth.

Pointing out the simplicity of a song does not make that song any less good.
I guess that's where we part ways, for the most part.

So top 40 is shit..underground is shit..punk is shit. What passes for good music to one with such high standers as yourself?
I didn't mean all underground was shit, just the stuff he plays.
Look at the starter album thread and the posts by myself, Pure Waves and Hog's Big Ben.

even if you like punk, that sis boom bah bullshit was embarassing. it's not even crap, i feel bad that she thinks she's edgy and hip.
Well everyone has their own thing. Personally this isn't mine, but I can respect anyone out there doing what they like doing. Especially when all they're doing is trying to get their music out to whomever likes it and get shit on for no reason from joyless pricks who never contribute an ounce of fun, humor, or any creativity.

I should see if there was a possibility to get them signed and green lighted for the mere fuck of it.

Sep 23, 2004
Well everyone has their own thing. Personally this isn't mine, but I can respect anyone out there doing what they like doing. Especially when all they're doing is trying to get their music out to whomever likes it and get shit on for no reason from joyless pricks who never contribute an ounce of fun, humor, or any creativity.

I should see if there was a possibility to get them signed and green lighted for the mere fuck of it.
if you were a lawyer, you'd be in a Grisham novel, keep plugging away for the little man!

Slow Bollards

Bollards...sounds a bit rude, doesn't it?
Apr 28, 2005
SILLY-delphia!
i don't typically dig punk, but every once in a while a song grabs me. I gotta admit that Sis boob bah was in my head all weekend. I won't be buying any albums or concert tickets, but I didn't think it was that bad-catchy at the least.

this is whats wrong with the fucking music industry now. people are usually cunty towards new acts. now im not gonna sit here and say that she is fantastic or anything but give them a break. everybody wants the same old shit they have been listening to for years. until I see Hendrix's black ass come back from the dead he is no fucking god. support live music, cuntbags.