Bait goes in water, diver goes in water, shark in water, our shark....

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
Like the boys said, they don't regulate this shit in other countries.

Man Dies After Being Bitten by Shark During Dive Off Florida's Atlantic

CoastThe Associated Press By BRIAN SKOLOFF Associated Press Writer
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. Feb 25, 2008 (AP)

An Austrian tourist died Monday after being bitten by a shark while diving near the Bahamas in waters that had been baited with bloody fish parts to attract the predators.

Markus Groh, 49, a Vienna lawyer and diving enthusiast, was on a commercial dive trip Sunday when he was bitten about 50 miles off the coast of Fort Lauderdale, said Karlick Arthur, Austrian counsel general in Miami.

The crew aboard the Shear Water, of Riviera Beach-based Scuba Adventures, immediately called the U.S. Coast Guard, which received a mayday from the vessel, said Petty Officer 3rd Class Nick Ameen.

Groh was airlifted to a hospital, where he died. Groh was bitten on the leg, Ameen said, but he could not be more specific about the extent of his injuries.

It was unclear what type of shark was involved in the attack. The shark got away before anyone could identify the species.

The Miami-Dade Medical Examiner's Office declined to comment, citing an ongoing investigation by the Miami-Dade Police Department. A telephone message left for police was not immediately returned.

A woman who answered the telephone at Scuba Adventures on Monday said the company had no comment.

The company's Web site says it offers the opportunity to get "face to face" with sharks. The site explains that its hammerhead and tiger shark expeditions in the Bahamas are "unique shark trips ... run exclusively for shark enthusiasts and photographers."

To ensure "the best results we will be 'chumming' the water with fish and fish parts," the Web site explains. "Consequently, there will be food in the water at the same time as the divers. Please be aware that these are not 'cage' dives, they are open water experiences."

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
if it does turn out that it was a hammerhead, I bet it was a glori-ous time.

[/joke for 5 people]

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
I don't know folks, sounds fishy to me.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
My ex wife just went diving off Cozumel and I think she did one of these dives.

I guess god wanted a Swede more than a life sucking, whiny bitch.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Shark come callin, eyes rolled back white, dead eyes, like a doll's eyes.

You know, it's not as fun when it's actually a shark.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
Cage goes in the water. Ralphie May's in the water. Our Ralphie.

first thing that came to mind... I dunno why but that just cracks me up over n over.

stillbornstew

blogging loser
Jul 26, 2005
NOLA
what moron. try juggling running chainsaws ass. even that would be safer.

was snorkelling in cuba, and a 7 foot tiger shark just came out of no where about 20-30 feet in front of me. :icon_eek: i SLOWLY back paddled my happy ass back to shore and said goodbye to my snorkelling days. put the absolute fear of god in me.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
The more I think of this, the more fucked up it gets. I always thought when you went into the ocean, you tried to avoid the one thing in it that may eat you, not bait that thing so it comes to you.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Ill never forget swimming in one night after a tournament...my hand brushed the legnth of a something akin to wet sand on rubber.. My brain did the math in a split second...dusk (sharks feed at low light)+ feel of wet sand on rubber (shark skin feels that way) = fastest I ever made it to shore in my life!..It probably was a nurse shark or a dogfish..but it still freaked the shit out of me.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
what moron. try juggling running chainsaws ass. even that would be safer.

was snorkelling in cuba, and a 7 foot tiger shark just came out of no where about 20-30 feet in front of me. :icon_eek: i SLOWLY back paddled my happy ass back to shore and said goodbye to my snorkelling days. put the absolute fear of god in me.
No one was chumming the water, so I'm sure you weren't in that much danger. However, I'd probably have done the same thing. :)