SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

released on September 18
by Overhaul Games

The game is set to launch on the PC, iPad, Mac OS X and the Android operating system tablets.

The series, due to contract obligations, is set to be launched on Beamdog for the PC Edition and the Mac App Store for the iPad and Mac OS editions, with it being confirmed that the game will not be available for purchase from Steam or Good Old Games.

Overhaul Games is also working on the enhanced edition of Baldur's Gate II, planning its release in 2013
2nd edition rules
cross platform multiplayer

www.baldursgate.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldur's_Gate:_Enhanced_Edition

Forbes

IGN

joystiq

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
I tried to install the original, but too much time has passed by. Graphical errors all over the place. If this is a port of the original (same graphics, etc), I'm very much in.

doomvulture

Lord of Jailbait
May 12, 2009
Maine
Oh shit! My I pad is gonna love this.

Yesterdays Hero

Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Seems like a port with updates and added shit. Good shit. Will pre-order with all the bells/whistles. Missed out on this the first time around. Saw it played, and played a little myself. Such a great game.

Yesterdays Hero

Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
FPS along the lines of Fallout. I know all about Borderlands. BG is supposed to be cell shading. If I'm going FPS, give me hyper realism. Don't have a card good enough to run those, so I make do with other games.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
FPS along the lines of Fallout. I know all about Borderlands. BG is supposed to be cell shading. If I'm going FPS, give me hyper realism. Don't have a card good enough to run those, so I make do with other games.
Borderlands is almost nothing like Fallout. Borderlands is also cell shaded which Im pretty sure your card can handle at medium settings unless you are running a bargain bin VC. Either way it is a fun game, you might want to try it.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
Sounds great. I start up BG1 or BG2 every year or so because it's such a fun series with great depth, and quit around the halfway point or earlier. Always because I miss the modern components of games - graphics (duh), better dialog, angles, etc.

I really like the cities and towns in the series. Maybe more than the ones in TES. They're all dens of thieves and thugs with architecture & dinginess that suits them perfectly. There's ALWAYS a sewer system in each city, unlike in TES where you're lucky if you get one sewer system per game. Not as many guards around in general, so you can get up to no good without it being so nerve-wracking.

Dec 12, 2007
Not my thing. Played some of the first, didn't care for it. Glad you enjoy it though.
The second is even better then the first but if you don't like it then so be it. I learned not to try and change your mind about Vos and I won't try here.

Kugzilla

Roar. Go: Eagles, Flyers, Philles, Buckeyes, etc.
Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
I enjoyed the originals. May check this out. Havne't played a PC game since Neverwinter nights.

Yesterdays Hero

Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Got it this morning. 1.8gigs to install. Took me an hour or so via the BGEE Installer. Some esthetic differences from the original in character portraits (double the amount), and double the classes. There's sub classes now for each 'main class'. I.E. Instead of just 'Fighter' for a class, there's Fighter, Berserker, Wizard Slayer, and Kensai. 42 total classes. (Mage has 11 different sub-classes. wtf). New classes include Monk, Sorcerer, Barbarian (I don't remember Bard/Druid in the original but w/e). No new races. New companions, couple new zones.

Tutorial, the main game with first expansion, and addon 'The Black Pits'.

Hopefully it runs smooth.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
2 things I missed about the series after playing years of Elder Scrolls, that I didn't even realize I missed:

Much greater variety of:

Items. 95% of the ones in TES are horrendously generic. Pick a spell effect (which there are only a few of anyway), pick a material if applicable, apply the appropriate level-dependent strength. It really takes the fun out of dungeon crawling, knowing that there'll be something good but incredibly uninteresting in the boss chest.

Spells. Same as above. But it's such a cool chess match when you encounter a magic using boss. You usually have to go to an earlier save and hand-pick the spells and then sleep, which is time-consuming, but I sort of missed that too in a way.

Yesterdays Hero

Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Just finished the Tutorial. It's exactly the same as the old game. Old graphics, old gameplay, etc. Missed the shit out of this game. Best of all, no load times! Seamless transitions from area to area with no load screens.

Sunsetspawn

Dec 5, 2005
I have Baldur's Gate 2 sitting here and I'm wondering if I should give it a shot. I was going to do this a few years back but bitches. Now I bitch free and plan to stay that way because money, so is this worth a shot.

My favorite game of recent years is Gothic 2, just so you know where I stand.