Barack Obama's uncle has been arrested and held as illegal immigrant

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
BARACK Obama's long-lost "Uncle Omar" has been arrested for alleged drink-driving outside Boston and detained as an illegal immigrant, The Times can reveal.

The arrest ends a mystery over the fate of a relative that the US President wrote in his memoir had moved to America from Kenya in the 1960s, although the circumstances of his discovery may now prove to be an embarrassment for the White House.

Official records say Onyango Obama, 67, was picked up outside the Chicken Bone Saloon in Framingham, Massachusetts, at 7.10pm on August 24. Police say he nearly crashed his Mitsubishi 4x4 into a patrol car, and then insisted that the officer should have given way to him. A report filed with the Framingham District Court said that a breathalyser at the police station registered his blood alcohol at 0.14mg/100ml of blood, above the state limit of 0.08mg.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/barack-obamas-uncle-has-been-arrested-and-held-as-illegal-immigrant/story-e6frg6so-1226124269032

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Eh, we all got batshit crazy family members...some who are law breakers.

He also reportedly demanded to talk to the White House after his arrest....which I think is hilarious.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Obama has a jackass relative. Meh. I'm related to Alabama rednecks, California millionaires, a convicted murderer in Texas and two drug addicts. Thank god not a single politician among them, because that would be embarrassing.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Obama has a jackass relative. Meh. I'm related to Alabama rednecks, California millionaires, a convicted murderer in Texas and two drug addicts. Thank god not a single politician among them, because that would be embarrassing.
Right on. Also, Obama is a particularly easy target, since he's got so many Kenyan relatives...relatives that are part of a completely different culture.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005

FRAMINGHAM, Mass. (AP) — President Barack Obama's uncle was stopped on suspicion of drunken driving in Massachusetts, told police he planned to arrange bail through the White House and is being held without bail by federal immigration officials, authorities said Monday.

Onyango Obama, 67, was arrested last week in Framingham, about 20 miles west of Boston, after police said he made a rolling stop through a stop sign and nearly caused a cruiser to strike his sport utility vehicle.

Police said that after being booked at the police station, Obama was asked whether he wanted to make a telephone call to arrange for bail. "I think I will call the White House," he stated, according to a police report filed in Framingham District Court.

Police said Obama, who is originally from Kenya and is the half-brother of the president's late father, pleaded not guilty Friday and is being held without bail on a detainer from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. In a court document, ICE said Onyango Obama had an earlier deportation or removal order.

His immigration status couldn't immediately be confirmed, but such orders are generally reserved for people living in the country illegally. A spokesman for ICE declined to comment on Onyango Obama's immigration case, and the White House had no comment.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Another one? Whatever happened to his illegal immigrant grandmother? Or the brother that he has living in a mud hut on $1 a month? Guy can't even take care of his family, and some fucking morons thought he'd be qualified to run the country.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
I dunno, I just think the guy's got alot bigger shit to worry about then what his grandfather's kids are doing. If he can spend 20 years soaking in the sermons of a scumbag racist Reverend...no one is going to care about this.

On a related note...

Uncle Omar and Auntie Zeituni are the children of President Obama's grandfather Hussein Onyango Obama, by his third wife Sarah, the woman President Obama calls "Granny", because she raised his father, Barack Sr, who was Hussein Obama's son by Hussein's second wife, Akumu.
Heh...Zeituni. That's awesome.

But why couldn't they just say..."they are the half-brother and half-sister of President Obama's dad"? Isn't that basically what they are?

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
I like the subtle differences in the two stories. One has the time as being 710pm, the other doesn't have a time. Also, one has that he nearly hit a cruiser, and the other, even though it says he rolled through a stop sign, says he almost caused a cruiser to hit him.

caniseeyourtaint

Passive agressive douche
Feb 26, 2004
Ocean County, NJ
***UPDATE***

BOSTON — A Massachusetts prosecutor says he'll continue to pursue a criminal case against President Barack Obama's uncle even though federal immigration officials have released him from custody.

Middlesex District Attorney Gerry Leone said Friday he'll pursue state charges against Onyango (ohn-YAHN'-goh) Obama stemming from his Aug. 24 arrest on a drunken-driving charge.

Federal immigration officials took Obama into custody shortly after that incident on allegations he violated an order issued nearly two decades ago to return to his native Kenya.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman Brian Hale says Obama was released Thursday and was ordered to regularly check in with the agency.

Leone says he'll pursue the criminal case because drunken drivers pose a significant public safety risk.

Obama is the half-brother of the president's late father. His lawyer won't comment.
What about the whole 'illegal immigrant who was ordered out of the country 20 years ago' thing?

Top Bottom