Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
How do you barbeque?
  • Gas or coal?
  • What kinds of meat?
  • How well done and for how long?
  • How often do you turn the meat?
  • What seasonings do you use?
  • What do you eat with your barbequed meat?
  • Is it a social or personal experience?
  • Do you make enough for left-overs?

madbam

I'm on da Zoloft..........
How do you barbeque?
  • Gas or coal?
  • What kinds of meat?
Gas
Pork Chops, Chicken burgers, dogs
medium well, 4 min per side depending on thickness
For pork and chicken I use Lawreys Teryiaki w/pineapple
corn on the cob
both personal and social
Yes I always make enough for leftovers

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Damn! I thought this was an invite to a free meal.

BBQ is slow cook over low heat. (Never gas)

Grilling is over high heat cooked fast and gas is ok.
Grill anything.
Turn one time

generoso

Blueberry Coffee diva.
How do you barbeque?
  • Gas or coal?
  • What kinds of meat?
Gas, w mesquite and other hard wood wetten chips for some mighty tastsy smoke

If it moves or speaks it can be grilled,

Just kill the germs and get the mesquite taste I want blood totally rare

twice on each side if it a full chicken or a roast I use the rotisserie

I can not give out my seasoning secrets would Coke just post there recipe I think not, But I will give you a taste use teriakia sauce on Hamburgers, Yummy..

It is a religious experience when i grill. I am GRILL GOD BOW BEFORE ME

I consider it sacerlidge to have leftovers, None leaves till every bit of grizzle is gone

Nothing Sound

Riding the Biggest Wave
Gas

I'm havin me some Grilled Tuna Steaks this weekend.

Depends.

For grilling I prefer gas with chicken, burgers, sausage, hot dogs and veggies, etc.

Q'ing it's charcoal all the way. Slow and low. I smoke ribs or any other fatty pork product. The last time I smoked three racks of spare ribs I rubbed them with "Stubbs" seasoning, wrapped them tightly in cling and threw them in the fridge over night. I heated up the smoker to 225 and smoked them for 5 1/2 hours only opening the smoker twice to rotate the ribs. I had a pan with diluted apple juice in there with the ribs to keep them moist.

As far as charcoal goes I like Big Green Egg brand. It burns hot and long with little ash or waste. I throw some hickory in the fire from time to time to add some flavor.

I'm a huge Jim Beam sauce fan. I used that top finish the ribs last week. I draw friends, neighbors, and family when I fire up my smoker, and if there are left overs, they won't last past the next day when I reheat them on the grill

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
My buddy just turned me on to "Bubba" burgers....they are UN FUCKING REAL. By FAR the best frozen burgers I have ever had. I use to buy "Topps" but no more, I have seen the light. Oh and I grill with a Weber gas grill....charcoal tastes better though. When it comes to speed and ease of use, gas rules.

http://www.bubba-burger.com/index.html

This thread is misleading. Turtle is right HUGE difference between grilling and Barbeque.

For barbeque west of the Mississippi= Beef, East = pork. South is always better than north.

Cook it slow and low.

kid afrika

If you use a gas grill you are not only a heathen, but you are a lazy sod.

Charcoal grilling/bbqing is the only way to properly cook meat.

And the key to any good meat is a dry rub rather than a marinade.

Trust me. I'm fat, and fat people know cooking.

generoso

Blueberry Coffee diva.

I won't into rubbing or a marinade because that could let out trade secrets...
But I use gas good ole propane. that will give me heat and flame I need at a consistant temp. As for the charcoal flavor a few wood chips in a smoker box works even better than silly charcoal...

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
This thread is misleading. Turtle is right HUGE difference between grilling and Barbeque.

For barbeque west of the Mississippi= Beef, East = pork. South is always better than north.

Cook it slow and low.
I was going to respond to Turtle's post, ya beat me to it.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
• Gas or coal? - Coal
• What kinds of meat? – BEEF (!) and then chicken and home made burgers.
• How well done and for how long? – Beef = med rare, chicken = well done.
• How often do you turn the meat? - 2 maybe 3 times, depending on the juice flow.
• What seasonings do you use? – Dry rubs (homemade) and BBQ sauces near the end.
• What do you eat with your barbequed meat? – Home made coleslaw, potato salad, green salad and… baked beans.
• Is it a social or personal experience? – Both but, more fun when social.
• Do you make enough for leftovers? – Yes, always, I want the goodness to continue!

1. Hickory wood, coal is lame and gas is for faggots and metrosexuals
2. Beef, Chicken, some pork (smoked for BBQ) and a little exotics when I buy them
3. Well it depends on the meet. If it's beef then it'll be medium rare, but it's fully cooked for everything else.
4. Black pepper, salt, red pepper, garlic, fresh onions, wine and homemade BBQ sauce for pork.
5. I eat mashed potatoes, corn, baked beans with honey, cornbread/rolls, dirty rice and some beer.
6. With family and friends when I'm around them or I'll just cook for myself.
7. Hopefully so I can have more for the next few days. Sometimes it's all eaten depending on how much I buy.

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Propane on my fancy Weber grill. I used to be a charcoal man, but got tired of all the prep. I like to be able to control the heat. I still use charcoal to make burgers, but fine steaks and seafood go on the propane.

Taste meat, not the heat

Jimbo929

Check out my big c**k
• Gas or coal? - Coal for Q, gas for grillin. I have a cajun smoker for Q, and a gas grill for grillin
• What kinds of meat? – Q= PORK!!! Grillin, whatever
• How well done and for how long? Q= low and slow. Ribs about 5-6 hours
• How often do you turn the meat? - one time
• What seasonings do you use? – Dry rub for Q (Brown sugar, cyanne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika), Maybe a lil sauce at the end, but not much. Sauce on the side. For grillin, I use lots of different sauces.
• What do you eat with your barbequed meat? – Home made coleslaw (savoy cabbage), potato salad (boil the potatoes in crawfish boil first), and of course, baked beans (Put some smoked rib meat in the beans)
• Is it a social or personal experience? – Grillin = social, Q = Religous
• Do you make enough for leftovers? – Yes, I am still eating Q from 3 days ago

WMB, I like your pit (no homo)

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
I prefer coal but usually end up using gas lately b/c of time constraints...i grill everything...beef chicken squash corn you name it i grill it...as for seasonings...the best i've made is using london broil...mix up a dry rub of Emeril's Essense seasoning, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and brown sugar rub that on and grill it up..ya get a little bit of heat and the sugar carmelizes so ya get the sweetness too...mouth is watering just thinking about it

grail

Tahini sauce in my drawers
How do you barbeque?
  • Gas or coal?
  • What kinds of meat?
1.2. Wood, hickory for pork, mesquite for beef, apple or pear for fowl
3. Slow and low - 6 hrs min for a pork butt, crusty outside fall apart on the inside. You want the fat to turn into gelatin.
4. Never
5. Rub
6. Potatoes, beans, cornbread, potato or macaroni salad, greens, cornbread, corn on the cob
7. Yes
8. Always, I have to eat for days on the good stuff.

BTW thanks WMB for the idea for my smoker. I'll have to do that.

grail

Tahini sauce in my drawers
It's also a gerund and can be used as a verb. It's also spelled barbeque.:action-sm

demonseed

Lingering since 1999
For grilling, I cook burgers, hot dogs, chicken, shrimp, steak, tuna steaks, corn on the cob and any other fast grill type food.

For BBQ, it has to be over hours and hours of slow cooking. There are a few different typs of bbq. Lexington, NC is considered the "BBQ capital of the USA" by the National Historical Society. They have 23 bbq restaurants in a 4 mile radius and they have an annual bbq festival. There is Lexington style bbq, which is a little more liquidy in the bbq sauce and much more vinegar tasting. Then there is east coast bbq, which has the thick bbq sauce on the ribs, or the use of a nice dry rub.
There are also 4 or 5 different types of bbq in the country, but the above 2 are the only ones that I am very familiar with.