OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Barney Frank and Ron Paul will Introduce Legislation to Fully Legalize Marijuana

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Josh_R, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

http://reason.com/blog/2011/06/22/barney-frank-and-ron-paul-will
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rob-kampia/ron-paul-barney-frank-marijuana-_b_882380.html

2. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

Legalize industrial hemp, too.

3. Stormrider666

Stormrider666 Hell is home.

I'll believe it when I see it.

4. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Ron Paul was just talking about that the other day at the Republican Leadership Conference

5. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

x2 there is too much money to be made making criminals out of people

6. d0uche_n0zzle

Good for him. Industrial hemp would save our economy, and revitalize our farmers, too.

7. Joker1919

Joker1919 Registered User

There has been talk about doing this here KY for a few years now. They seem to think that it would encourage people to take up farming again that got out of the business when tobacco went tits up here. I think it would be a good idea my family stopped raising crops and got into cattle when it went under. Hell also I see no problem legalizing pot. I think the war on drugs is a huge fucking waste of our money.

8. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Of course, no one expects it to pass, but the point is that it is a big topic these days and that someone is actually introducing serious federal legislation to change it. To say "I'll believe it when I see it" is missing the point. The big story is that someone is taking the first step. On another note, if this gets a vote, there are going to be a lot of legislators who will have to justify voting to keep marijuana illegal. Before, federal reps did not have to answer for the policy because it was there before they cam into office. In places like California where it is already legal, those federal reps are going to catch hell from their constituents for perpetuating a law that harms law abiding Californians.

9. Stormrider666

Stormrider666 Hell is home.

I'm not missing the point. I'm probably one of the biggest legalization advocates on this board and I realize this is just a first step. Its step that should have happened a long time ago and I'm happy that its happening now. But most of this country has its head up its ass when it comes to marijuana and the war on drugs for someone to take a stand and vote "yes" on the issue.

10. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

I know what you mean, but I think this will get a ton of media attention, and a decent amount of votes IF it gets onto the floor for a vote. I imagine quite a few democrats, and maybe even some of the "tea party" type republicans will go for it. This has been an ongoing conversation in the states for years now, but it has been purposefully ignored on the national level. If this bill gets a vote, then they will have to at least have a conversation about it and attempt to justify the ongoing failure that is the war on drugs.

11. Kirk Strong

Kirk Strong Banned

This is why the establishment is trying to ignore Ron Paul the best they can so people don't even know hes running for president. If drugs were legalized it would reduce crime too much and money would be lost for black ops. They will do whatever it takes to make sure that doesn't happen. And SWAT wouldn't be able to break down your door at 3 am and kill you for having half an ounce.

12. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

Kind of like how you ignore logic.
    Black operations and the swat team have nothing to do with each other. And if it wasn't for these evil black operations you hate so much the nazi's would be in charge.

13. d0uche_n0zzle

The Nazi's are in charge. You must have missed that one.

14. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

derp

15. fletcher

fletcher Darkness always says hello.
    Donator

It really is more than your stupid logic. This sums up the electoral process nicely.

[video=youtube;s7tWHJfhiyo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7tWHJfhiyo&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

The system that is in place categorically dismisses any non front running president, its not subterfuge for condemning candidates with alternative views.

16. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

That was a great video.

17. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

x2

18. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Here is a video more relevant to the issue (states rights vs federal mandates).
    [video=youtube;DR-qLB-XMhU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR-qLB-XMhU[/video]

19. Motor Head

Motor Head HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL

I mentioned before that I participated in the Panama Invasion. Why on Earth would the United State care about a two-bit dictator that was more or less endorsed by the US, stealing a bunch of drug money from American drug dealers???

Because many of them were Republican/Democrat campaign contributors. Not to mention, no drug money....no more CIA black ops, private prison industry loses units of labor, etc. etc. etc.

20. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

No it wouldn't.

I support the idea, but let's stop pretending we could smoke our way out of a $14 trillion debt.

21. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

speak for your self square