Barney Frank not running in 2012

FellowTraveler

Frank Reynolds is my hero
Jul 24, 2005

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Wonder what he's got lined up. Also wonder what his net worth is now...it was rumored to be anywhere between $2M-$5M back in 2009.

He's kind of old, so I don't think he'd go the rich lobbyist route. Perhaps he'll just go the book route and speaking tour...and watch his hunny bunny surf.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
Wonder what he's got lined up. Also wonder what his net worth is now...it was rumored to be anywhere between $2M-$5M back in 2009.

He's kind of old, so I don't think he'd go the rich lobbyist route. Perhaps he'll just go the book route and speaking tour...and watch his hunny bunny surf.

I suspect FOX will hire him as a commentator

He's old, but he's an attention whore and needs to be on TV

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
I dunno...I'd think maybe Current or MesSNBC. Not sure if Fox would bite.

I do find it a bit perplexing that the two principal architects of last year's Wall Street Reform bill have both decided to leave their posts. Just odd, IMO.

Stig

Wackbag's New Favorite Heel
Jul 26, 2005
NH
I suspect FOX will hire him as a commentator

He's old, but he's an attention whore and needs to be on TV
And he talks funny, so he'd be a perfect liberal retard for Fox. He could be their Bobo.

Stig

Jul 26, 2005
NH
I dunno...I'd think maybe Current or MesSNBC. Not sure if Fox would bite.

I do find it a bit perplexing that the two principal architects of last year's Wall Street Reform bill have both decided to leave their posts. Just odd, IMO.
I guess those protests ARE having some positive results.

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
He'll just sit back and let those pension checks come in and get even fatter.

Stig

Jul 26, 2005
NH
Say what you will about Barney Frank. But the man has sucked miles of cock.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
NO BARNEY!!!! DON'T GO!!!!!!!!

Maxine Waters In Line To Take Over From Frank On Financial Services

Wall Street executives are bracing for the possibility that Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) will take over as the senior Democrat on the House Financial Services Committee after Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) retires.

Waters is in line for Frank’s spot and could become chairwoman of the panel if Democrats retake the House. Frank announced Monday that he will not seek another term in the House.

The California liberal is considered left of Frank, an architect of 2010’s Wall Street reform bill, on financial issues.

While banks and other financial institutions often battled Frank, he was seen as someone they could work with. Wall Street views Waters as more of an opponent.

“She's not a good face of the issues,” one financial executive said. “She's too much of a bomb thrower.”

Democratic leaders may look to someone other than Waters, the second-ranking Democrat on the panel, to take over for Frank.

Waters is wrestling with a long-running ethics investigation over whether she helped secure federal funding for a bank in which her husband owned stock and previously served as a board member. Waters has maintained her innocence, and two attorneys on the House ethics committee were placed on leave for mishandling the case. An outside attorney is now investigating the matter.

“They're going to go with people who are universally respected,” said the financial executive. But a trade group president and former Hill staffer believed the top spot is Waters's to lose. This source pointed out that Waters brings geographical and racial diversity to the committee.

Jumping over Waters to another Democrat would also be a headache for Democratic leaders because it would risk angering the Congressional Black Caucus.
The Dems are considering skipping over her and giving the post to someone else. Racists.

Can't understand why they wouldn't want her economic brilliance running the House Financial Services Committee...

[yt]OrA9zj94NuU[/yt]

Hmm...

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Maybe he will run for mayor of Boston. Love to see him and Menino go at it in a debate. People in the front row will think they were at a Gallagher concert.

Von Maestro

Mar 12, 2010
Gotta be the AIDS. Good luck bromo...

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
How is a guy whose boyfriend ran a prostitution ring out of their house, whose boyfriend was caught growing marijuana in their house, and who got his boyfriend a cushy job at the very agency that he regulated retiring VOLUNTARILY after 16 terms!?

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
How is a guy whose boyfriend ran a prostitution ring out of their house, whose boyfriend was caught growing marijuana in their house, and who got his boyfriend a cushy job at the very agency that he regulated retiring VOLUNTARILY after 16 terms!?

I seem to remember him "selling" the service of fixing parking tickets

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
He's a democrat. In Boston.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
He may suck a lot of cock, but at least he still has some good zingers.

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...ging-pledges-not-to-be-a-lobbyist.php?ref=fpa

“I do not think I have lived a good enough life to be rewarded by Newt Gingrich being the nominee,” he joked, calling his potential nomination “the best thing to happen to the Democratic party since Barry Goldwater.”
He held nothing back in his criticism of the state of the House under Republican rule.

“It consists half of people who think like Michele Bachmann and half of people who are afraid of losing a primary to people who think like Michele Bachmann,” he said, “and that leaves very little room to work things out.”
:clap:

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Boo fucking hoo. "Working things out" doesn't mean giving you everything you want, cocksucker. Go home and choke on a sausage. We're busy trying to dig out of the mess you got us in.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
While I'm not much of a fan of O'Reilly these days...I did appreciate the absolute smashing he gave Frank for blaming the Fannie/Freddie meltdown on everybody but himself and his party...

[yt]aIm5Mp-mmRU[/yt]

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Some of these guys I'd just wish well in their retirement, but Barney Frank is Bond-villain level of evil. Fuck him. He's on the top ten list of people who have destroyed this nation, and Obama probably isn't even in the top 10. That's how much damage he's done.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
I know he's getting old and everything, but there has to be another reason he is retiring.

He is committed to the cause in every way, at the national level this guy is one of the top Democrats in terms of raw political power, fundraising, spreading the message, etc... I mean this guy can get the current POTUS on the phone faster than Putin can.

Do the Dems have someone who can replace him?

Their internal polling must suggest a huge blow out next year