Barnwood Build - Fireplace Edition

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Wow that looks great! Now all you need is a deer head

ysr50

Donator
Look how vibrant that Sony TV is. This man buys things with quality, not price, as his guide.

THE FEZ MAN

I don't see Bugs.
Ok, I just thought about that, it goes with the “I can smell the cattle”, just imagine if that shit starts to sprout fleas...
sorry @header but that would be hilarious and some shit that would happen to me.

Still looks great though,!

Until the termites wake up, or the anthrax

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Ok, I just thought about that, it goes with the “I can smell the cattle”, just imagine if that shit starts to sprout fleas...
sorry @header but that would be hilarious and some shit that would happen to me.

I meant Bunny, the only cartoon worth watching.

Haeder

South Dakota

One of the joys of living in the frozen tundra of the midwest - only the heartiest of pests can survive the winter. Termites can't take the cold. Those little striped flies that are born mostly dead in window sills seem to thrive here. Rafts of those little bastards and a few spider nests were found hiding within the stored stacks of barnwood. They were wintering peacefully until their home was disturbed and they were uncerimoniously brushed off at the miter saw.. A few of 'em probably made it in to the house. Hopefully, I didn't bring anything too lethal indoors.

THE FEZ MAN

One of the joys of living in the frozen tundra of the midwest - only the heartiest of pests can survive the winter. Termites can't take the cold. Those little striped flies that are born mostly dead in window sills seem to thrive here. Rafts of those little bastards and a few spider nests were found hiding within the stored stacks of barnwood. They were wintering peacefully until their home was disturbed and they were uncerimoniously brushed off at the miter saw.. A few of 'em probably made it in to the house. Hopefully, I didn't bring anything too lethal indoors.
When I was a kid the old man was obsessed with free firewood, I can’t count the times critters came to life In the living room while wood was waiting to go into the stove, also one time his truck got infested with ants

Haeder

South Dakota
Started working. Cat halted progress.

Moved cat. Finished work.

Wife moved some decorative items and now it's done-done.

Now she wants me to build a barnwood headboard.

THE FEZ MAN

Looks great, I still think it needs a deer head

mascan42

Does it bother you that you've massively remodeled half of one room of your house, and none of the rest looks anything like it?

gleet

Does it bother you that you've massively remodeled half of one room of your house, and none of the rest looks anything like it?
Does your whole house resemble your guest bathroom? Why not? Explain with pictures and pie charts.

mascan42

Does your whole house resemble your guest bathroom? Why not? Explain with pictures and pie charts.
Point, but that's a complete departure from the other side of the same room. One wall is rustic and woodsy, and the rest is plain drywall.

gleet

Point, but that's a complete departure from the other side of the same room. One wall is rustic and woodsy, and the rest is plain drywall.
And yet, he's somehow able to force himself through the transitional area.

THE FEZ MAN

You have never heard of an “accent wall”

@Haeder it looks great @mascan42 can suck a bag of dicks.

Haeder

South Dakota
No. Not at all.

I don't want my entire house to resemble the inside of a barn. The barnwood thing is "in" right now and the look adds a lot to what was a drab series of walls around the fireplace. Like THE FEZ MAN said - it's an accent wall.

Turfmower

Looks nice, maybe change out the marble tile on the hearth with something more rustic