Barry Bonds Indicted

Fuck Crosby

Bills. Beers. Broads.
Barry Bonds was indicted Thursday for perjury and obstruction of justice, charged with lying when he told a federal grand jury that he did not knowingly use performance-enhancing drugs.

The indictment unsealed Thursday against baseball's home-run king culminated a four-year investigation into steroid use by elite athletes.

"During the criminal investigation, evidence was obtained including positive tests for the presence of anabolic steroids and other performance enhancing substances for Bonds and other athletes," the indictment read.

In August, the 43-year-old Bonds passed Hank Aaron to become baseball's career home run leader. Late in the season, the San Francisco Giants told the seven-time National League MVP they didn't want him back next year. He is currently a free agent.

While Bonds was chasing Aaron, the grand jury was working behind closed doors to complete the long-rumored indictment.

"I'm surprised," said John Burris, one of Bonds' attorneys, "but there's been an effort to get Barry for a long time. I'm curious what evidence they have now they didn't have before."

The indictment charged Bonds with lying when he said that he didn't knowingly take steroids given to him by his personal trainer, Greg Anderson. He also denied taking steroids at anytime in 2001 when he was pursuing the season home-run record.

He is also charged with lying that Anderson never injected him with steroids.

"Greg wouldn't do that," Bonds testified in December 2003 when asked if Anderson ever gave him any drugs that needed to be injected. "He knows I'm against that stuff."
How bout that...

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
All I have to say is,.... Fucking ******!

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Mike and Mad Dog are discussing the possibilities of him bargaining with the feds for a testimony where he would be forced to admit all responsibility.

they think that would be enough for them, and enough of a bad day for Barry.

Honestly, my first thought about that press conference was R. Budd Dwyer.

A

Angry Vince

Stephen A Smith is on SportsCenter right now crying racism.

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
One of the new wire stories said that Bonds' trainer and friend Greg Anderson has been ordered released from prison....sounds like he rolled to cooperate.

....or it's just the oddest timing ever.

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
It took some extra time to issue the subpoena for his head, because it only falls under the jurisdiction of 3 different counties.

ginaf20697

Barry chugging the juice

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
How pissed is Bud Selig that they didn't do this in July?

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
How pissed is Bud Selig that they didn't do this in July?
QFT. They definitely have even a bigger mess on their hands than they did before.

Oh, and fuck Bonds. He’s a total dick.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Free Pete Rose!

Fuck Barry Bonds.

Nah, fuck them both. They each shit on baseball in their own way. In fact, as much as I hate Bonds what Rose did was worse.

In any case, I hope Bonds goes to jail and I hope Hank Aaron gets his rightful spot back as the homerun king.

Aizazzle

I always have a plan
I don't like this. I know Bonds is a dick, but the feds are using him to get more names out. They are treating him as the big fish when most other baseball player has done this shit too. Why he fuck didn't Palmiero or McGwire get indicted when they lied to the feds too. I'm not saying this is racism, because it is not. What they are doing: They are trying to make an example out of him.

mendozathejew

I don't like this. I know Bonds is a dick, but the feds are using him to get more names out. They are treating him as the big fish when most other baseball player has done this shit too. Why he fuck didn't Palmiero or McGwire get indicted when they lied to the feds too. I'm not saying this is racism, because it is not. What they are doing: They are trying to make an example out of him.
this was a federal investigation into BALCO, not bonds. during that investigation, they were led to greg anderson, bonds personal trainer, then met other players and supplied them all with the balco problems.

thats why palmero and mcguire arent a part of this, they werent a part of balco. bonds isnt charged with taking steroids, hes charged with lying during his testimony during to the grand jury in the balco investigation. bonds and giambi walked into the same room, one came clean, the other didnt.

SuperGolfer

I got it from a negro
this was a federal investigation into BALCO, not bonds. during that investigation, they were led to greg anderson, bonds personal trainer, then met other players and supplied them all with the balco problems.

thats why palmero and mcguire arent a part of this, they werent a part of balco. bonds isnt charged with taking steroids, hes charged with lying during his testimony during to the grand jury in the balco investigation. bonds and giambi walked into the same room, one came clean, the other didnt.
I'll add to that a hearty recommendation to read "Game of Shadows," which is the single reason why any of this is happening in the first place.

It's a great read and really exposes the culture of athletes and perfomance enhancing drugs, especially in track and field where it's rampant.

And this is only the federal case against bonds. When all the names in the George Mitchell report comes out the shit is really going to hit the fan. I'm sure it's going to turn out that a lot of players who are/were considered beyond reproach either tried or regularly used steroids.

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
I just hope theyre forced to take Bonds out of the record book, and Hank Aaron and Mark McGwire get their records back.

I don't think they're going to go back and take his name off the records. A-Rod's going to pass his career mark, anyway. I doubt there's going to be a team that gives Bonds the chance to add to his total now. It's not like McGwire was totally clean, either, so who cares which one of them has the record? I still consider Maris the real record-holder, not that my opinion matters to MLB, but it seems like a lot of Hall of Fame voters feel the same way. I'm sure they'll treat Bonds the same way now. It's too bad in a way, because Bonds was going to the Hall of Fame anyway before he started taking steroids, which probably wasn't the case for McGwire and definitely wasn't the case for Sosa.

A-Rod's only got to hit 245 to break Barry's record, so it shouldn't be much more than 5-6 years before there's a new legitimate HR king.

I just hope theyre forced to take Bonds out of the record book, and Hank Aaron and Mark McGwire get their records back.

I feel bad for Jake Peavey. He's named the NL Cy Young Award winner unanimously, and hours later Bonds gets indicted and nobody cares about Peavey.

Top Bottom