OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Baseball cards found in attic could fetch millions

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Party Rooster, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

I guess hoarding pays...for your heirs....

2. Absolutely

Absolutely Self-Heavy

I've got like 200 cards that are in the $20-$50 price range according the baseball beckett.
    Throughout the years I've just kept the "good one" and tossed thousands and thousands away.

So that's like $5,000 dollars...if you just say the average is $25.
    But if you took that in to a card-shop, as a whole lot, they'd offer you like $215

And you can't sell them separate. How do you do that?
    "I have a 1997 canvas ultra gloves elite Flair Derek Jeter card here... $15. Just $15... who wants it? Nobody? Alright, back in the basement"

3. tysonpunchinguterus

tysonpunchinguterus "Allegedly"

I wish I 'd find something like that but the only stuff in my grandmother's attic was an empty storage trunk, some holiday decorations, and some junk. My other grandmother threw away my dad's baseball cards when he went to college. 1952 Topps Mantle and Mays cards got tossed in the trash like they were junk. Even worse, my grandmother was a borderline hoarder. When she died and we had to clean out her apartment we found about 30 pairs of shoes and a box of receipts for stuff she bought 30 years earlier. I guess she was worried that she might have to prove that she really did buy that china cabinet in 1977 and didn't cheat on her taxes in 1981.

4. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

We found an authentic WWII Tommy gun in my grandfather's attic... he brought it back from "The Big One". Fucker was still in it's original wooden crate, smeared in cosmoline and in perfect working order.

My stupid father sold it to one of his asshole drinking buddies for 50 dollars.

Ugh... to this very day I still want to kick my father in the teeth for that bonehead move every time I see him.

5. Absolutely

Absolutely Self-Heavy

^ How much would it have been worth?

6. luckie1710

luckie1710 Registered User