Baseball drug hysteria is horseshit

umo

Lennon & McCartney wrote 'Day In The Life' after taking LSD. The greatness of the song is in no way diminished because a drug influenced its creation. The baseball records of Bonds and Clemens are in no way invalidated because they took steroids or HGH. Keith Richard has been under the influence of mind altering drugs non-stop for 40 years. Rolling Stones music has been great for all those years and nobody gives a fuck how many drugs Jagger & Richard took. None of us could record an album like Sgt. Pepper no matter how much LSD we ingested. None of us could hit 700 hone runs no matter how much steroids or HGH we shot up our ass. People need to calm da fuck down. It is what it is.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
I concur. Who really gives a flying fuck what anybody puts into their body, it's between them and whomever they wish to consult on using ANYTHING.

Have you seen the latest Anti-Drug ads, their targeted parents RX's meds, as if kids haven't been stealing that shit forever.

Salem

Midgets = funny
Lennon & McCartney wrote 'Day In The Life' after taking LSD. The greatness of the song is in no way diminished because a drug influenced its creation. The baseball records of Bonds and Clemens are in no way invalidated because they took steroids or HGH. Keith Richard has been under the influence of mind altering drugs non-stop for 40 years. Rolling Stones music has been great for all those years and nobody gives a fuck how many drugs Jagger & Richard took. None of us could record an album like Sgt. Pepper no matter how much LSD we ingested. None of us could hit 700 hone runs no matter how much steroids or HGH we shot up our ass. People need to calm da fuck down. It is what it is.
Im gonna go out on a limb here and say smoking a joint and writing a song isnt even remotely close to the same as doing roids and hitting HRs.

Roids dont make you hit the ball. They make u hit the ball further. You have to have the talent in the first place yes. But doing the drugs to get the edge over the natural talent? DOES invalidate your records. Sports is not music. Dont compare the two.
They are what they are.
I yam what I yam.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
I just hate that the government is trying to get involved in any
of the sports stuff. Wether it's steroids or cheating, let the leagues
handle it. We have plenty of other problems they should be concerned
with. If people are that pissed they won't buy tickets and merchandise
and the problem will work itself out.

Salem

Midgets = funny
I concur. Who really gives a flying fuck what anybody puts into their body, it's between them and whomever they wish to consult on using ANYTHING.

Have you seen the latest Anti-Drug ads, their targeted parents RX's meds, as if kids haven't been stealing that shit forever.
Thats because they have won the war on street dru...ohh wait...no they havent. Never mind.

All of this bullshit around steroids and baseball is just a waste of time and our fucking tax dollars. Why the fuck does Congress need to have hearings about a stuff happening in a privately owned company? Let them handle it themselves. Steroids and HGH aren't illegal, so I don't see what all the fuss is about. Congress only seems to want to do this shit for the poor impressionable children.

The boys say it best when they say that politicians only want to take on the easy battles, like video game violence and an aereola on TV.

domelogic

ok stop with the records arent invalidated. you cant compare what someone did 50 years ago to what someone has done by taking steroids. those players would have loved to have these type of drugs around but they didnt. i dont have a problem with anyone taking steroids until it comes to the records. we are not talking about some average guy using them to play a sport but we are talking about those who are good enough to get on the field with the best and then using something to gain an advantage. split the records up into eras and let it be. i dont think anyone is upset over them taking steroids but when it affects the records i can understand someone getting pissed.

besides if it wasnt such a big deal all these guys would have admitted to taking steroids before being forced to because of proof.

umo

Babe Ruth set his baseball records when negrows were not allowed to play. The Babe's records rightfully go into the books without an asterisk, alongside the records of those players who achieved their milestones during the post Jim Crow era when all qualified players were allowed to compete. Records established during the Steroid era should also go into the record books without an asterisk. It is up to the individual fan to decide whether Ruth or Bonds hold legit records. The record book should always be neutral and simply record the numbers.

mendozathejew

fuckem. all the money in baseball and players' contracts, its a business now. the cheaters can get embarrassed and called out everyday as far as Im concerned. It sucks for the honest athletes, like Griffey, who refused to use this shit. It must suck to be one the athletes out there who doesnt want to risk his health like others will, and his career suffers for it. they dont play the game as a hobby

peewee

All of this bullshit around steroids and baseball is just a waste of time and our fucking tax dollars. Why the fuck does Congress need to have hearings about a stuff happening in a privately owned company? Let them handle it themselves. Steroids and HGH aren't illegal, so I don't see what all the fuss is about. Congress only seems to want to do this shit for the poor impressionable children.

The boys say it best when they say that politicians only want to take on the easy battles, like video game violence and an aereola on TV.
are you fucking nuts. steroids and hgh are illegal first of all. secondly many young athletes have died from steroids, and with baseball players being such a big role model i think its huge to clean up the game. everyone was ready to fucking lynch bonds because of his steroid use. but now that it has been shown how widespread sterioid use is, and nice guys have used them everyone dosn't care anymore? thats fucking bullshit. steroids have ruined the game the past 10 years or so. it will take a long time for the sport to get its creditability back, but the first step is finding out what the fuck actually happened and then figure out a way to prevent it from happening again in the future.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
It’s important to me as a fan and I’m glad the government is involved because that fuck Bud Selig sure wasn’t going to do anything about it.

Professional sports are a multi-billion dollar industry that employs a countless number of individuals. Fans lose interest in what they perceive to be a tainted product and those dollars go away. So yeah, it’s important enough for the government to be involved.

Performance enhancing drugs hurts the game because you can no longer trust the results. Yeah, Bonds hit 72 homeruns but how many homers would A-Rod hit if he was juiced up? It’s not a level playing field (this is why saying that Babe Ruth should have an asterisk because blacks were not allowed to play is faulty because while everyone had to play under those rules, some players were juiced up while others were not).

And yes, call me crazy but I think that we as a society should want to teach our children that cheating is not ok and we should respect people who achieve their results based on hard word and dedication to their craft.

pure_waves

© Steven Carr Industries, 2014. Grrrrrrrr
baseball did nothing (or turned a blind eye) for all these years, but now the govt wants to get involved on the issue? talk about a pointless clusterfuck. there are much bigger issues to deal with than this.

bud selig is a fuckhead. he should have made it clearly illegal to use this type stuff years ago if it was such a problem. how hard is it to set up testing with all the cash behind the league? i dont think they cared because people were hitting 70 home runs and packing people into seats.

so now the government throws their hats in the ring and singles out andy pettitte and roger clemens? what the fuck? how about expanding the scope to include more people than 2 yankees if you are going to do it properly. either do it all the way or dont do it at all.

personally, i couldnt care less if people used performance enhancing substances. if theres no rule against it and it results in a better game, great.

Perch1019

Lennon & McCartney wrote 'Day In The Life' after taking LSD. The greatness of the song is in no way diminished because a drug influenced its creation.
Everytime Opie makes that comparison I cringe. Its not close to the same thing. Some artist sitting in his room tripping his face off is not the same as Barry Bonds putting on 50 lbs of muscle and hitting homeruns into other states.

al885

baseball=zzzzzzzz

...steroids and hgh are illegal first of all...
Anabolic steroids are federally controlled substances, but as long as you have a prescription, they are perfectly legal to possess. Basically the same applies for HGH. Steroids and HGH are like many drugs, you abuse them and don't follow the scrip, and you have problems, like death.

mendozathejew

Anabolic steroids are federally controlled substances, but as long as you have a prescription, they are perfectly legal to possess. Basically the same applies for HGH. Steroids and HGH are like many drugs, you abuse them and don't follow the scrip, and you have problems, like death.
well trainers like McNamee and Gregg Anderson are not doctors that can prescribe medicine.

and even doctors cant just prescribe them to whoever for whatever- like getting stronger and increasing your fast twitch muscles. they have to be used for specific reasons that call for steroids

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Any drug can be used correctly or incorrectly, it's up to the end user.

Even abusing aspirin can have serve negative health effects, know your drugs or else suffer the consequence's of your actions.

MrQuotes

Feelin' Fine
this hypocrisy and fake morals are what disgust me about baseball and make me want to watch it even less

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
this hypocrisy and fake morals are what disgust me about baseball and make me want to watch it even less
Exactly my point. There's no need for government intervention.
If people get pissed off enough about it, they'll stop going to games
and spending money on merchandise. Then the league will have to react
to the problem. This isn't something we need to tie up our legal system with.
We have more pressing problems they should be concerned with.

JMCC

Can we please stop with the whole government shouldn't be involve with baseball argument?

Its obvious that MLB can't control the HGH/steroid issue anymore. Look at what happen so far. Players found a way to cheat the game and owners turned their heads. MLB tried to put rules into place but the players union was too fucking strong and never allowed them to put a legit testing policy.

I'm glad the government is involved, because the players can't hide behind their stupid union anymore.

Zona992006

New Wackbag
It was a big deal for Barry Bonds. (yea yea, I know he lied to the grand jury, but he was put under the bus just for the steriod use)When Clemons got involved...it became, "whats the big deal". Kind of like when Belacheat got caught..Then you hear "If you aint cheating, you aint trying hard enough" or "everybody does it"..lol

MrQuotes

Feelin' Fine
It was a big deal for Barry Bonds. (yea yea, I know he lied to the grand jury, but he was put under the bus just for the steriod use)When Clemons got involved...it became, "whats the big deal". Kind of like when Belacheat got caught..Then you hear "If you aint cheating, you aint trying hard enough" or "everybody does it"..lol
it really isnt
its the same people blowin the same whistle, that bullshit outrage that gives them some sort of higher ground than the average person who really doesnt give a shit
you think people didnt cheat before this shit?
what about spitballs? sign stealing?
this isnt the black sox. the game isnt being fixed, how come with all the roids suspensions in the NFL its not this retarded monster that needs congress?

FUCKING CONGRESS? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? :arrrh:

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
The Beatles LSD argument is retarded. The Beatles were not directly competing against anyone else. They were just making music. LSD didn't help them to play their instruments faster or do anything else that would have set them apart from other bands.

The competitive advantage is the key issue. Congress allows MLB to enforce other illegal drug abuse that does not involve performance-enhancing drugs, such as marijuana, cocaine, etc.

The reason Congress is involved is that gaining unfair and illegal competitive advantages via illegal drug use in sports is considered to be acting against the public trust, much like fixing games would be. A fan buying a ticket has a reasonable expectation that they are viewing a contest where the outcome has not been pre-determined by undisclosed factors.

MLB must bend over and take whatever cock Congress wants to shove up their ass because Congress can at any time repeal their Anti-Trust Exemption. This exemption allows them to prevent owners from moving their teams on a whim the way NFL, NBA, and NHL owners are able to. Just imagine the Marlins in Las Vegas before you complain too much about Congress parading a few steroid-taking scumbags around.

Learning = good.

bill333

Go Screw!
The difference between Bonds and Clemens is Bonds is hated more and he was going for, probably, the most heralded record in any sport.

Whether McNamee is telling the truth or not (about injecting Clemens) I hope they throw the book at him. A fucking former cop, lying about being a Dr. and constantly teliing lies to the committee. Just looking at him, I want to smash his rat looking face. What a cunt.

To me, the Unions and MLB can't be trusted to test players so all bets should be off and there should be manditory surprise testing whenever the heads see fit. Not only for the unfair advantage but it has to be wiped out from sports because of the danger.

Top Bottom