Baseball Manager's Ejections

So has everyone seen this mother fucker Phil Wellman of the Braves minor league team get thrown out of the game.

It's just beyond fucking ridiculous, he takes all the bags, throws his hat of course, kicks dirt, builds a sand castle on the plate.... and then he belly-crawls army style to the mound picks up the rossen bag as if it's a grenade and chucks it at the ump.

You attention starved asshole, not getting enough press in minors? The buses and 39.99 motels aren't doing it for you?
These manager blowups, especially minor leaguers, aren't even fun anymore. They're so played.

I hate when managers do this, if the manager is legitimately mad I'm cool with a little yelling match. But the whole covering the bases in dirt, kicking hats, pretending things on the fields are army weapons, cmon now. At that point the anger has turned in to "Hey, I'll be on ESPN! A huck huck"

How can anybody on this cunt's team ever sit there and listen to him without laughing in his face? In no other sport does this happen. He could be yelling at you for getting in to a rundown and all you'd have to say is "Hey, remember when you pretended the rossen bag was a grenade, what an asshole"
And if I was an Ump and that pumpkin headed Lou Pinella kicked dirt on my shoes I'd kick him in the old man balls soo hard he'd never walk again. These Umps have no self respect.

Oh yeah, here's the vid.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TGZUKHtW7vg

Frankie_Ballz

wear no bag, spread the hiv
shit man, the army crawl to the mound was fucking priceless. When I saw it at the bar everyone was fucking cracking up, what the hell merge the wwe and tripleA ball.

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
I agree that the grunt crawl and tossing of the rossen bag like a grenade were fucking priceless. You may not like the theatrics...but I see it as one aspect of the game. Name another professional sport where a coach/manager can do that?

Coffee Diva

Female? Nope. Meaty-breasted? You betcha!
I've seen wrestling cards on independent tv stations at 1:30 on Saturday afternoon that looked more spontaneous.

Salem

Midgets = funny
I loved it. Fuckin halrious. Ya dont see that everyday.

There's an unwritten rule in baseball that says you don't crawl up to the mound and throw the rosin bag as if it were a grenade.

fkornre

Boogity Boogity Boogity...Let's go racing boys...
burying home plate was priceless...

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
burying home plate was priceless...
original too...

im with Absolute, if its genuine anger i like it. if its this showy going through the ridiculous angry manager antics that have been added to over the years (dirt throwing, hat throwing, base throwing) you need to fucking die.
this whore was a whole different story and thought it was all a big joke. it didnt even seem like he was angry. he acted like he was doing stand up. probably does it all time.

Salem

Midgets = funny
Any1 know what the situation was that started the ejection process anyways?

highway23

I miss NY wings
On Ripken's show the other day, he and his brother were discussing some coaches getting kicked out, Lasorda was on the show later, and at one point he was telling a story about Earl Weaver out there yelling with the umpire and it had nothing to do with the game. Something about them being angry at each other for something else and Weaver finalized the argument by saying "Well at least I'll be in the Hall of Fame!" and was kicked out of the game.

I had to laugh at this guy doing all the antics, but it's a fucking joke. How is he expecting his players to take him seriously now? Fucking loser.

No idea, they don't show it on any clips I've seen or it's not mentioned.
Maybe a strike out call?

Anyway, the anger might have been real but morphed into hacky schtick towards the end. And you know this asshole had the grenade thing in his head for years, just waiting for the oppurtunity.

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
There's nothing wrong about that guy or his antics. It's the best.

What you see here is a dude who knows where he's at in life, and he's doing the best he's able to do.
He's just a minor league coach. He's not goin' anywhere... and he's enjoying his job. That's all. I'd be doing the same.

The burying of home plate, and drawing an outline of a bigger one... the best.

Baseball fucking rules.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
original too...

im with Absolute, if its genuine anger i like it. if its this showy going through the ridiculous angry manager antics that have been added to over the years (dirt throwing, hat throwing, base throwing) you need to fucking die.
this whore was a whole different story and thought it was all a big joke. it didnt even seem like he was angry. he acted like he was doing stand up. probably does it all time.
Count me in. Anger is one thing, acting like a tool is something else.

My guess is it had something to do with the ump's strike/ball calls, since after he buried home plate, he drew a huge home plate on top of it. I personally thought the whole thing was entertaining. Sure you see managers do a little something every once in a while, but you rarely see someone explode like this guy does. And he only got suspended for 3 games by the Braves.

7cent

the pitcher got tossed for using a foreign substance... I think it was great. Bobby Cox loved it, he said it used to happen all the time..