Baseball Rumor Mill

Darkstar

The big yellow one's the sun
What's everyone think of all the trade rumors going on?

Giambi is going to NY, now wait he wants to stay in Oakland.

Barry Bonds is going to the Mets, hold on we can't afford him.

The yanks aren't going to offer Tino the long term deal he wants, they don't want to end up with another Soho sitting on the bench.

Hopefully the Sox will get rid of Everett.

Philly Kid

I think bonds wiill whore himself out to the highest bidder..

but look at the yanks to pick up some pitching .. I know u cant belive it but .. look for wells , smoltz , and yes they will even try to entise pedro, in tslks
expect wells. not giambi he will go al. but 2 someone who will pay him 200mill. and let him rule the batt. order. I guess cleveland.... call me stupid after the deadline..

Welcome Darkstar,
I hope Giambi decides he want's to stay in Cali with his family, and his brother. But GEORGE usually has his way. I'd like to see Tino stay 1 more year, and have the Yanks pick up Smoltz.
The Mets should go after Bonds hard, but probably won't. Like Phillykid says, we'll all be called stupid after the deadline. :rolleyes:

Darkstar

Sorry, there is no way that the Sox will give up Pedro. I think you will see them hunting down a big bat OF for left, move Manny to permanent DH and pick up another lefty for the Pen.

As for Giambi, I bet he plays all his cards in order to get the contract he wants from Oakland to stay with family.

I don't think Giambi will come. And forget about Pedro. However Manny as dh is a good idea.
Maybe Montreal will pick up Bonds, and then contract with him in it. :D

The Devil Rays have offered to take Everett, who grew up in Tampa and lives nearby, but the price would be steep for the Sox. Boston not only would have to eat much of the $17 million balance on Everett's contract through 2003 but would have to accept aging slugger Greg Vaughn and his $17 million salary through the same period.
Maybe they can throw in a free psych-exam,and send Boggs back as a signing bonus.

MAVRIC305

I speak the human language
It looks like Giambi is headed to the Yanks. I love how they try to make it like the rumors are false. That is such cock and balls. They are just waiting for the right moment to spring this big news conference.

The mets are extremely disappointing. I am on the verge of hunting down Fred Wilpon and giving him a brash talking to. It is so stupid to hold onto your money at a time like this. Why let your team fall deeper into the dulldrums? There is atleast one big signing you can make if you would let your arms dig a little deeper into those deep pockets? :::GZA::: But Fred is so stingy he's got short arms in deep pockets :::GZA:::

If the Mets don't make some sort of move this off-season, I am gonna.... be mad :mad:

FOFOLINA

As always God finds a way to love the fucking Yankees.
It makes me sick he is a true Yankee fan.
Mav for your sake I hope the mets do something good. and for my sake I hope my red sox so something good also.
Cause I truly hate the Yankees. :mad:

Mav (or any other Mets fans)..what do you think about the Ventura for Justice trade?
I don't think the Mets have any intention of keeping him, they'll use him as trade bait for somebody else. I love Ventura tho. What an improvement over Brosius.

Don't worry Fofo, the Sox's year is coming
:D

Ho-Hum..
Yanks sign Giambi, and the rest of the available free agents. I'm much more excited by Alomar, and Cedano. I'm jumping ship next year!
By BEN WALKER
.c The Associated Press

NEW YORK (Dec. 13) -- His long hair trimmed and his goatee shaved, Jason Giambi stepped into Yankee Stadium wearing a three-piece suit and looking like a new man

MAVRIC305

6 minutes to seven. I just caught ya Spot.

I think you should jump ship. I thought you were a Met fan for some reason. I know the Giambi thing was gay. The Mets really stole the show this week. They did things no one expected. Alomar, Cedeno, and now David Weathers(a good reliever). Things are looking up for the Mets next year. I feel like Steve Philips still has a few tricks up his sleeve.

Oops, I'm on OT.

I was brought up as a Brooklyn Dodger fan from birth. I followed the Metropolitans from 62-75 when Willie Randolph [Pirates]came over to the Dark Side.And then from 85-99 because Steingrabber fired Yogi. But my heart is with the NL. If there's room on the ship, I'm jumping. F-the Yankees.

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: SpotcheckBilly ]

MAVRIC305

Yeah Spot!! That's what I'm talking about. Finally someone jumping ship to the Mets. You are welcome into the fray bro. Glad to have you on the good side. There is no shame in loving the blue collar team. The rich and evil corperation that is the Yankees must be brought down.

On a side note: You have to be real full of yourself to have a network all about your team. The YES network. Jesus, MAry, and Joseph please help. As if MSG wasn't enough Yankee crap, now we need Yankees 24-7. I for one will not be buying this channel. Fuck George Steinbrenner!

Oh boy, I never saw this coming...
NEW YORK (Dec. 13) -- David Justice's tenure with the New York Mets lasted just one week.

The outfielder was traded to the Oakland Athletics on Friday for reliever Mark Guthrie and minor league pitcher Tyler Yates, a move that could lead to the Mets entering more serious talks with free agent Juan Gonzalez
Juan Gonz too? Woo-Hoo! :D

Darkstar

Well Fofolina, looks like we're screwed. The Sox are making no attempts to get anyone and they are leaving Kerrigan as the manager. He's a great pitching coach, but I think he will suck as a manager. He did this year

FOFOLINA

Originally posted by Darkstar:
<STRONG>Well Fofolina, looks like we're screwed. The Sox are making no attempts to get anyone and they are leaving Kerrigan as the manager. He's a great pitching coach, but I think he will suck as a manager. He did this year</STRONG>

Bring Back Kevin Kennedy!!!!!

Originally posted by FOFOLINA:
<STRONG>As always God finds a way to love the fucking Yankees.
It makes me sick he is a true Yankee fan.
Mav for your sake I hope the mets do something good. and for my sake I hope my red sox so something good also.
Cause I truly hate the Yankees. :mad:</STRONG>
Of course you know... We got problems! ;)

At least they got rid of Everett. :&gt;
Welcome Sensei...
;)

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: SpotcheckBilly ]