Batman : The Dark Knight Returns

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Not the film but maybe the GREATEST piece of comic literature EVER written.

picked this up tonight for the 30th time and I still find myself blown away at how good of a story this is... especially that it was written over 20 years ago!

Gotham City is a hell on earth, street gangs roam but there are no heroes. Decay is ubiquitous. Where is a hero to save Gotham? It is 10 years since the last recorded sighting of the Batman. And things have got worse than ever. Bruce Wayne is close to being a broken man but something is keeping him sane: the need to see change and the belief that he can orchestrate some of that change. Batman is back. The Dark Knight has returned. -- Mark Thwaite
Absolute Dark Knight
This link is to the hardcover that contains both " The Dark Knight Returns" and the long awaited but nowhere near as good (even though it is still a good read, especially if you're a fan) " The Dark Knight Strikes Again"

I highly recommend anyone who is a fan of comics, literature, and or batman check this out.... You will not be dissapointed

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Good call. Just watched Batman Begins with someone that had never seen it before(a girl, so its somewhat understandable) that really liked it, but watching parts of it had me thinking of TDKR. Especially the part where he's beating on Supes with the gloves.

Top Bottom