Movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - The Dark Knight Returns - Man of Steel 2 (3.25.16)

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY

"You're beginning to get the idea, Clark. This...is the end...for both of us. We could have changed the world. Now look at us... I've become a political liability and you... You're a joke. I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

Holy fuck was it electric in there.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
What am I doing. Here's my quotes

I really can't see this Superman seeing Batman as anything more than his Chloe O'Brien.
I'm just wondering if character wise, MoS Superman would even care for Batman. Superman was kind of a paranoid dick. Batman's also kind of a paranoid dick. And I understand why they might need to work together, but like I said, Batman would come across as more the Oracle (let's keep it in the same realm here) to Superman's Batman. And I figure that the movie will probably have Superman being captured and Batman having to save him, which teaches Superman to learn to trust him, but that seems kind of I don't know, forced.
That's how it would play out/normally play out, but the Superman in this doesn't seem like the type who'd turn to some random guy for a helping hand. Normal Superman, yes. Man of Steel Superman, no. Man of Steel Superman is darker and more of a loner weirdo than Batman.

If anything, he'd learn about another hero and think about destroying him lest he gets too big for his britches.

I think WB is stupid if they think Flash over Wonder Woman, if only because there's no superhero franchises starring a woman so at least that would make it somewhat unique.
[Whether Flash or WW has greater movie potential]
I honestly don't know. I don't follow the DC pantheon so I don't know who has a greater number of fans or any of that. But I do think that having a female-led superhero film will at least differentiate the Justice League Series from the Avengers one. And I think right now, doing something unique with its movies or to appeal to a different (but similar) audience is important, especially after the lackluster response to Man of Steel.

Not only that, Wonder Woman's origin story and powers are a bit weirder and more convoluted than Flash's and requires more time dedicated to setting up its "laws." With Flash, I think he's just a dude who gets doused with chemicals and can run really fast. I think in one tale, Wonder Woman is born from clay. Then you have all her technology and how and if it would work. Furthermore, Superman has more of a connection to Wonder Woman than to Flash.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis

"You're beginning to get the idea, Clark. This...is the end...for both of us. We could have changed the world. Now look at us... I've become a political liability and you... You're a joke. I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

Holy fuck was it electric in there.
I am tweeting the fuck out of that, Bill (with credit of course).

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
From @DailySuperHero on twitter: Another, smaller pic of the logo

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Now that the news has settled in and it's official, without knowing anything except that it's Snyder still at the helm, Marvel really needs to bring something to the table. Has Marvel had its panel yet?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
What if Batman is the aggressor?

If Clark was just traveling the world as a drifter and not really paying attention to the news or whatever, it's easy to imagine that he'd miss news of Batman II (I'm going to call him Batman II until we get an actor), who could be considered an urban legend affecting one city. Batman on the other hand sees this insanely powerful being who

just snapped a guy's fucking neck.

So Batman, in a way, ends up becoming Lex. (Until a greater threat emerges, etc., etc. etc.)

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
"You're beginning to get the idea, Clark.
I don't know if the logo came up before the quote, but if the quote came first, you know there were people there who know TDKR by heart and completely went into temporary shock after those seven words.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
T
Now that the news has settled in and it's official, without knowing anything except that it's Snyder still at the helm, Marvel really needs to bring something to the table. Has Marvel had its panel yet?
They're up at 6pm PDT. Catching Fire is up next. Currently sitting through I, Frankenstein. They're calling the monster Frankenstein.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
I bet that crowd went...batshit or sumthin!

DOUBLE LOGOS, BITCH

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
I don't know if the logo came up before the quote, but if the quote came first, you know there were people there who know TDKR by heart and completely went into temporary shock after those seven words.
Quote was read by Harvey Lenix before the logo. I was one of the few who went apeshit when the first 7 words were read.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
They're up at 6pm PDT.
They really need something major, and I honestly wonder what it can be. Is it who's playing Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, or should we expect something even more?

Catching Fire is up next. Currently sitting through I, Frankenstein. They're calling the monster Frankenstein.
Frankenstein Jr.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
ElMayembe was touting a rumour that the cast of Avengers 2 will be on stage for Marvel.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
They really need something major, and I honestly wonder what it can be. Is it who's playing Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, or should we expect something even more?

Frankenstein Jr.

The guy from Big Kev's Geek Stuff that isn't Big Kev said he thought maybe they'd try to bring Spiderman over to the Avengers. Requires some financial dealings for rights issues, but that could definitely generate some hype even if this Spiderman isn't exactly a fan favorite.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
The guy from Big Kev's Geek Stuff that isn't Big Kev said he thought maybe they'd try to bring Spiderman over to the Avengers. Requires some financial dealings for rights issues, but that could definitely generate some hype even if this Spiderman isn't exactly a fan favorite.
"Good news everyone, in Avengers 2 we're going to have...Wolverine."

I hope not. Unless it's a new Spider-Man. It was weird enough in Iron Man 3 to be like "why isn't SHIELD doing shit?" and then we have 3 more Garfield Spidermen where we have to ask "where's Captain America?" And if it's another Spider-Man, then Avengers 2 will have the Second Existing Quicksilver and the Second Existing Spiderman?

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
"Good news everyone, in Avengers 2 we're going to have...Wolverine."

I hope not. Unless it's a new Spider-Man. It was weird enough in Iron Man 3 to be like "why isn't SHIELD doing shit?" and then we have 3 more Garfield Spidermen where we have to ask "where's Captain America?" And if it's another Spider-Man, then Avengers 2 will have the Second Existing Quicksilver and the Second Existing Spiderman?

This is where Marvel's troubles could start. I always felt like DC held the better cards but Marvel were playing their cards better. If DC finally get a hold of themselves and actually manage to pull this off, Marvel could be in deep shit and they are already pot committed to a bunch of Avengers universe movies over the next, what, 5-6 years?

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Oh, and another thing - what will this movie be called? Will it just be Man of Steel 2 and Batman will be in it, or will it be called something like "Justice League Origins" or "Superman: Dark Knight" or something else?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
This is where Marvel's troubles could start. I always felt like DC held the better cards but Marvel were playing their cards better. If DC finally get a hold of themselves and actually manage to pull this off, Marvel could be in deep shit and they are already pot committed to a bunch of Avengers universe movies over the next, what, 5-6 years?
Which was my problem with Justice League. If the Avengers thing is going to end up killing the golden goose by becoming too gigantic and setting expectations too high to the point where audiences tire of the entire genre. Iron Man saved the entire genre. Can he do it again?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Oh, and another thing - what will this movie be called? Will it just be Man of Steel 2 and Batman will be in it, or will it be called something like "Justice League Origins" or "Superman: Dark Knight" or something else?
"Your Move Star Wars and Avengers, This Logo Makes People Cum."

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
Bill "Breaking News" Lehecka is on the case!