Movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - The Dark Knight Returns - Man of Steel 2 (3.25.16)

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
You mean this:

That's fine, you missed our point that it takes a slap in the face, the level of a disastrous take on Beavis, in order for WB to realize this team doesn't have the magic to pen a compelling JL tale. It should be a good thing that this movie is tanking so that we get a new direction in the creative department. WB seems committed to making JL, now let's get them committed to putting a skilled scripting team together.
Agreed; I did say that a killer script and a director who KNOWS how to direct a JL "Superhero mashup" type epic is needed.

LiddyRules

Johny Charro Card Holder #1
Agreed; I did say that a killer script and a director who KNOWS how to direct a JL "Superhero mashup" type epic is needed.
Joss Whedon begins work on it, but when he gets to the first scene with Wonder Woman he becomes paralyzed with fear over everything she says and does. He has thousands of pages of notes on whether the line of dialogue "we should help them" would be consider pro-patriarchy.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Joss Whedon begins work on it, but when he gets to the first scene with Wonder Woman he becomes paralyzed with fear over everything she says and does. He has thousands of pages of notes on whether the line of dialogue "we should help them" would be consider pro-patriarchy.
Didn't he used to know how to write bad ass female characters? I seem to recall Buffy being pretty bad ass, and Echo from Dollhouse....

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
It's official, BvS dropped more than XMOW did in its disastrous second weekend. Unofficially, it's now all but certain that BvS won't surpass Deadpool's domestic total of $350 million.

Oof.

I'm not sure how long movies advertise on TV after they're released, but WB has an interesting question to ponder. How much more money do they throw at this thing before they start to risk not making a profit? I saw this commercial a few times over the weekend, which hilariously makes it look like a Batman/Wonder Woman movie, because Fuck Superman:

But eventually it becomes a situation where you're throwing money away, especially as folks turn their attention to Civil War. They're not there yet, but I have started seeing CvS commercials popping up, so it won't be long now.
I need to go take a picture of the WB lot. I was driving by last week, there's space for probably a dozen large posters on the side of the office buildings and the stages. They're usually advertising one or two new movies, a handful of current TV shows and classics coming out on Blu-Ray, but for the first time I've ever seen they made every single spot a BvS poster. They even painted the water tower BvS themed for it (insert joke how Animaniacs are pissed).

I can't imagine how awkward it must be driving in there every day if you had a hand in this clusterfuck.

Pigdango

Donator
I need to go take a picture of the WB lot. I was driving by last week, there's space for probably a dozen large posters on the side of the office buildings and the stages. They're usually advertising one or two new movies, a handful of current TV shows and classics coming out on Blu-Ray, but for the first time I've ever seen they made every single spot a BvS poster. They even painted the water tower BvS themed for it (insert joke how Animaniacs are pissed).

I can't imagine how awkward it must be driving in there every day if you had a hand in this clusterfuck.
By next week they'll all be replaced with Tarzan posters.

Bobobie

It's official, BvS dropped more than XMOW did in its disastrous second weekend. Unofficially, it's now all but certain that BvS won't surpass Deadpool's domestic total of $350 million.

Oof.
I've heard they need 800 Million to break even. It sounds like they are going to be 30 million short of that.

Atomic Fireball

Donator

Oof.
You seem to know how to calculate this stuff; given last week's and this week's domestic and foreign totals will BvS make the $800M they say it needs to break even?

Pigdango

Donator
You seem to know how to calculate this stuff; given last week's and this week's domestic and foreign totals will BvS make the $800M they say it needs to break even?
What I can calculate pretty easily is the Domestic total. It's going to reach about $330-ish. That means it will need only $470 or so Internationally. It's already at $421. So yeah, I think it will get there.

Here's the math: BvS is at $260 and will get to $330. That's an additional 27%. Internationally it's at $421. If it also increases by 27%, that's $535, so a total of $865 Worldwide. Even if you're pessimistic and say it only adds another 20% Internationally, which is possible given the declines in some countries, that's still $505.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
By next week they'll all be replaced with Tarzan posters.
I finally watched the trailer for Tarzan. Whoever thought it was a good idea to make a movie about a character who hasn't been relevant since the 1930s' starring a guy only people who watched Generation Kill or True Blood would know needs to be shot. The CGI alone makes the movie look horrible.

Between the year they had in 2015, B v S, and the bomb that Tarzan is sure to be, I don't see how there isn't a major shake-up at Warner Brothers that doesn't have a negative impact on DCCU going forward.

LiddyRules

I finally watched the trailer for Tarzan. Whoever thought it was a good idea to make a movie about a character who hasn't been relevant since the 1930s' starring a guy only people who watched Generation Kill or True Blood would know needs to be shot. The CGI alone makes the movie look horrible.

Between the year they had in 2015, B v S, and the bomb that Tarzan is sure to be, I don't see how there isn't a major shake-up at Warner Brothers that doesn't have a negative impact on DCCU going forward.
This goes to show you - stop making movies about Edgar Rice Bureaus characters.

The Tarzan movie is an especially bizarre example. More people are going to bitch about its portrayal of colonialism than see the movie.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
This goes to show you - stop making movies about Edgar Rice Bureaus characters.

The Tarzan movie is an especially bizarre example. More people are going to bitch about its portrayal of colonialism than see the movie.
Especially since, as we all know, for most of the world, colonialism was awesome.

Floyd1977

SYFY has been running the Superman movies lately. Watching the Donner Superman. In honesty, goddamn did Reeve nail the part. And as much as I hate mass edits to movies when they are on tv (as well as the 2.35 to 1.78 cropping) This broadcast at least spares us the douchechilling "Can you read my mind" part.

LiddyRules

SYFY has been running the Superman movies lately. Watching the Donner Superman. In honesty, goddamn did Reeve nail the part. And as much as I hate mass edits to movies when they are on tv (as well as the 2.35 to 1.78 cropping) This broadcast at least spares us the douchechilling "Can you read my mind" part.
As bad as that sequence is, the music is fantastic

Pigdango

Donator
If I'm running the "how do we fix this?" meetings happening at WB right now, here's my plan:

1. Ezra Miller is out as Flash, Grant Gustin is in. No solo Flash movie while the TV show is on.
  2. Cavill stays as Superman, but when Superman returns, he returns with the Williams theme and the change in attitude to go with it.
  3. Batman Under the Red Hood takes Justice League's spot on the schedule.
  4. Superman Lives takes Flash's spot on the schedule
  5. The New Gods get a film to provide an introduction and context to Darkseid instead of jamming all that into Justice League.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
If I'm running the "how do we fix this?" meetings happening at WB right now, here's my plan:

1. Ezra Miller is out as Flash, Grant Gustin is in. No solo Flash movie while the TV show is on.
  2. Cavill stays as Superman, but when Superman returns, he returns with the Williams theme and the change in attitude to go with it.
  5. The New Gods get a film to provide an introduction and context to Darkseid instead of jamming all that into Justice League.
Wrong solution.

Fire Goyer. Reduce Johns input to a minimum (I'm not sure, but fuck it toss the cunt out.) Hire Paul Dini (again I dont know....Arkham? YEAH THAT'LL DO!)

1. No.

2. Yes/No He returns as the villain in Part 1 and continues on a fucked up murder spree. He twists Jim Gordons fucking head off, all the way off and uses it as a hand puppet.

3. No.

4. Flash and Superman race around the world and accidentally reverse time to a point where they recast Wonder Woman

5. Batman......In a cool new suit and an actual Batmobile dun-ah..nun-ah. Mel Gibson as Hugo Strange.

NuttyJim

Instead of Under the Red Hood, do The Killing Joke mixed with Death in the Family.

Affleck stays as batman, irons stays as Alfred.

Forget Batman v Superman and scrap Superman Lives to do a true sequel to Man of Steel.

Get rid of Snyder.

Forget Darkseid and the New Gods. We don't need any more space creatures or "Gods" from other planets and other dimensions.

Get rid of Eisenberg. Get Cranston. Pay him his monies.

NuttyJim

Ben Affleck has to write and direct a solo Batman movie.

He's the best Batman we've had.

That Batmobile is the best second to Keaton's Batmobile from first Batman movie.

NuttyJim

Need a new Lois Lane...can't stand Amy Adams.

Lawrence Fishburn is a great Perry White.

Bobobie

It's too bad both WB and DC are owned by Time Warner. The best option would be to use another Studio or create your own like Marvel did.