Movie Battle Angel Alita: Robert Rodriguez To Direct & James Cameron Producing

LiddyRules

Signed To a Non-Exclusive Consultancy
From the trailer, I think this has an overall more interesting aesthetic than GitS. (Though at times I was thinking of Jupiter Ascending with the crazy synthetics. Not cool.) And I'm not saying I want everything to look the same. And I like seeing them try new things. I never knocked them on that. My point simply is that, I find the main character disorienting to look at, and that's a turn off for me. And that's just from a 3 minute trailer. I wonder if others feel the same, and if that could hurt the movie.

Well this doesn't look disconcerting at all

This lacks the quirky charm of the manga. I predict more GITS-esk dreck.

Judging from their choices of manga to make into movies. I think Psycho-Pass has a good chance of being badly made after this.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Alita has been moved back from July to December 21st, where it will square off against Aquaman. That’s not a good sign. Do you think they’re using that time to get rid of the googly eyes?

LiddyRules

Alita has been moved back from July to December 21st, where it will square off against Aquaman. That’s not a good sign. Do you think they’re using that time to get rid of the googly eyes?
But they're so different!

LiddyRules

Actually, I don't know. This summer is kind of packed. Packed with shit, but packed. December is kind of lame. And after Justice League, I can understand thinking you can take a shot at DCEU.

Pigdango

Donator
Actually, I don't know. This summer is kind of packed. Packed with shit, but packed. December is kind of lame. And after Justice League, I can understand thinking you can take a shot at DCEU.
The Ant Man and Mi6 trailers both got a lot of buzz. The Solo trailer....well you know it was a trailer I guess.

LiddyRules

The Ant Man and Mi6 trailers both got a lot of buzz. The Solo trailer....well you know it was a trailer I guess.
I think the biggest threat to Altia will be that London On Wheels movie as far as adaptations of sci-fi-y properties that may or may not be popular that I never heard of before now made into movies I will never see.

Pigdango

Donator
I think the biggest threat to Altia will be that London On Wheels movie as far as adaptations of sci-fi-y properties that may or may not be popular that I never heard of before now made into movies I will never see.
I think you’ll see this one... eventually.

Pigdango

Donator
After the reception the Bumblebee and Aquaman trailers have received, I can't believe they are sticking with that release date. I guess they technically don't have anywhere else to go with it, as Glass has claimed MLK weekend and Dark Phoenix has...

Ok, I guess it will be moved to 2/14.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
Feels, and looks, super generic.

LiddyRules

Seems less googly in this trailer.
Less googly, more Instagram filter, still awful.

After the reception the Bumblebee and Aquaman trailers have received, I can't believe they are sticking with that release date. I guess they technically don't have anywhere else to go with it, as Glass has claimed MLK weekend and Dark Phoenix has...

Ok, I guess it will be moved to 2/14.
So this will be this year's Jupiter Ascending/Valerian.

LiddyRules

I’d also have accepted Jonnette Hex.
I saw the new trailer for Alita Battle Angel before Mission Impossible: Fallout, and seeing it on the big screen made me revise my opinion.

Unlike the Aquaman (and even Bumblebee) trailer, which looked so much better on the big screen, this looked so, so much worse. Every time she tries to make a bad ass face with her Instagram Eyes it's simultaneously RELarious and unsettling.

Also speaking of eyes, next time you're at a theater, look at how many posters feature really intense, distractingly blue eyes. I noticed it in Girl In The Spiders Web (a movie I think will be virtually ignored), Lady Bird and Harley Quinn Are Queens, and a couple of others.

Pigdango

Donator
I saw the new trailer for Alita Battle Angel before Mission Impossible: Fallout, and seeing it on the big screen made me revise my opinion.

Unlike the Aquaman (and even Bumblebee) trailer, which looked so much better on the big screen, this looked so, so much worse. Every time she tries to make a bad ass face with her Instagram Eyes it's simultaneously RELarious and unsettling.

Also speaking of eyes, next time you're at a theater, look at how many posters feature really intense, distractingly blue eyes. I noticed it in Girl In The Spiders Web (a movie I think will be virtually ignored), Lady Bird and Harley Quinn Are Queens, and a couple of others.
Mrs P said it best: “what is this? This looks stupid.”

LiddyRules

New poster.

It's interesting because the eyes are the movie's main stylistic thing and this poster focuses exclusively on the eye, yet no googlies.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
New poster.

It's interesting because the eyes are the movie's main stylistic thing and this poster focuses exclusively on the eye, yet no googlies.

It also hints that she is not human.

I don't remember Ghost in the Shell doing that well.

Ex Machina did open some doors for non-humans.

Blade Runner 2049, also, did not do so well.

LiddyRules

It also hints that she is not human.

I don't remember Ghost in the Shell doing that well.

Ex Machina did open some doors for non-humans.

Blade Runner 2049, also, did not do so well.
It hints that she has a prosthetic arm.