Movie Battle Angel Alita: Robert Rodriguez To Direct & James Cameron Producing

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
BUMP! Final Trailer! Until the next Trailer!

Pigdango

Donator
Mortal Instruments hasn't released a thing in 8 months and this has had five trailers.
Am I wrong that the Alita trailers haven't done a good job establishing what the point of the movie is? I get that she was built out of parts thrown away from the big thing in the sky, but...I mean, that's it I guess, right?

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
Am I wrong that the Alita trailers haven't done a good job establishing what the point of the movie is? I get that she was built out of parts thrown away from the big thing in the sky, but...I mean, that's it I guess, right?
She has to fight other cyborgs but they're more advanced but she has gumption. Kind of like Real Steel. Then Waltz betrays her or trains her or both.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Nobody cares about the game awards.
Game Awards>any tv or movie awards.

Actually, I just posted the tweet because I was too lazy to type out that a new trailer was on the way.

LiddyRules

Actually, I just posted the tweet because I was too lazy to type out that a new trailer was on the way.
There's been five trailers already!

And Game Awards might be > any TV or movie awards but Nothing > Game Awards.

Pigdango

Donator

Shouldn’t it just be game award? Like, best game of the year, and then show is over?

Wait tell me there is a “best reading of lines for cutscenes” award. :haha7:

BIV

Shouldn’t it just be game award? Like, best game of the year, and then show is over?

Not much of a gamer, are you?

The voice acting in some of these games are better than the acting in most Hollywood productions.

LiddyRules

I get that there can be different awards for types of games - Best First Person Shooter, Best Third Person Shooter, etc. But I don't know how exciting it can actually be. Like how interesting can this be that @BIV is praising it? After you do the "In Memorium" with Goombas and Generic Henchman joke the first year, where is there to go?

LiddyRules

I get that there can be different awards for types of games - Best First Person Shooter, Best Third Person Shooter, etc. But I don't know how exciting it can actually be. Like how interesting can this be that @BIV is praising it? After you do the "In Memorium" with Goombas and Generic Henchman joke the first year, where is there to go?

Pigdango

Donator

The voice acting in some of these games are better than the acting in most Hollywood productions.

BIV

Piggy, you are such a retard, at times.

BIV

The draw of the game awards is not the awards. Those are fun and all, especially since gamers get part of the say (like 10%, I think?). And, unlike the Oscars and such, the winners, for the most part, actually deserve it.

The draw is for the same reason E3 is huge. The entire industry is watching so there are major announcements and game drops.

For us nerds who follow the industry, the event will be part of the conversation for weeks.

It's also a great time for major deals on the nominees.

I respect the technical aspect of game design, but game voice actors can suck my d.

Pigdango

Donator
Piggy, you are such a retard, at times.
No, I’m sure the guy who played the weasely guy on the first season of The Killing is totally a better actor when he reads video game lines than Daniel Day Lewis. I mean, let’s see Lewis grunt while pretending to be hit by the 5th bullet and then breathe hard while he waits for his health to recharge and make it sound convincing.

BIV

No, I’m sure the guy who played the weasely guy on the first season of The Killing is totally a better actor when he reads video game lines than Daniel Day Lewis. I mean, let’s see Lewis grunt while pretending to be hit by the 5th bullet and then breathe hard while he waits for his health to recharge and make it sound convincing.

I had this giant diatribe I was about to post....then I deleted it.

Fuck it. I'm not getting into a pissing contest with you.

Enjoy your stodgy awards shows.

Talk to me in ten years when the Game Awards are a bigger viewership draw than any of them...if they aren't already.

I just wanted to post info about a trailer.

LiddyRules

I had this giant diatribe I was about to post....then I deleted it.

Fuck it. I'm not getting into a pissing contest with you.

Enjoy your stodgy awards shows.

Talk to me in ten years when the Game Awards are a bigger viewership draw than any of them...if they aren't already.

I just wanted to post info about a trailer.
If we're still caring about award shows ten years from now....

that would mean life is so fantastic that we can care about award shows. And not just award shows, but award show viewership.

LiddyRules

BIV. I'm not as anti-video games as Pigdango seems to be, but can you give us a rundown on what made this awards show last night so incredible? And "network didn't vet the host's Twitter account" is not a reason.

Pigdango

Donator
BIV. I'm not as anti-video games as Pigdango seems to be, but can you give us a rundown on what made this awards show last night so incredible? And "network didn't vet the host's Twitter account" is not a reason.
I’m in the car right now. Can you have Lehecka text me who won game of the year? I’ve been dying to know. Was it red dead redemption two or red dead redemption two?

LiddyRules

I’m in the car right now. Can you have Lehecka text me who won game of the year? I’ve been dying to know. Was it red dead redemption two or red dead redemption two?
"God of War” won the top prize of Game of the Year along with best game direction and best action/adventure game. “Red Dead Redemption” beat it in overall count though with awards for Best Narrative, Best Score, Best Audio Design and Best Performance for Roger Clark’s work as Arthur Morgan.

The other big winners were “Fortnite” for best ongoing game and best multiplayer game, and “Celeste” which won best independent game and best game for impact.

In terms of one-offs – “Forza Horizon 4 ” was best sports/racing game, “Florence” won best mobile game, “Overwatch” best e-sports game, “Dragon Ball FighterZ” best fighter game, “Overcooked 2” best family game, “Into the Breach” best strategy game, “Astro Bot Rescue Mission” best VR game, “Dead Cells” best action game, “Monster Hunter: World” best RPG, “The Messenger” best indie debut game, “Return of Obra Din” won best art direction, and “Combat 2018” best student game.