Battlefield 1

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Ok so now my PC is crashing during game play...since the most recent update. I will be playing and then just zap...whole system reboots...

It's not a temp issue, I was running core temp and logging and that was fine...WTF?
Hmmm. Try:

-repair the game in Origin
-different video drivers
-uninstall/reinstall the game
-reseat video card, sound card
-mobo/chipset drivers as a last resort

Hmmm. Try:

-repair the game in Origin
-different video drivers
-uninstall/reinstall the game
-reseat video card, sound card
-mobo/chipset drivers as a last resort
yeah...this all seems like the same crap apple does when you have a problem with an Iphone after an update...

I am going to try and run a heavy benchmark to stress the system to see if MAYBE it's a power supply issue...But it shouldn't be...It's ONLY Bf1 and it happens usually at the end of the round but now has happened 2x in game...All since the update.

I did the repair game in Origin. that didn't seem to do anything but take up time. It doesn't even give you a message indicating what has happened..

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
yeah...this all seems like the same crap apple does when you have a problem with an Iphone after an update...

I am going to try and run a heavy benchmark to stress the system to see if MAYBE it's a power supply issue...But it shouldn't be...It's ONLY Bf1 and it happens usually at the end of the round but now has happened 2x in game...All since the update.

I did the repair game in Origin. that didn't seem to do anything but take up time. It doesn't even give you a message indicating what has happened..
Try going to EA support or the BF1 forums and see if any others are having issues post patch.

HOLY FUCK! KNIFE ONLY SErver...

I am going for the 75 kills for the community award and I am on a knife only server...HILARIOUS

You get it all working again?
2 crashes last night, both after the end of round/start of next round....TONS of people reporting the issue. I ran HWMonitor to check out the voltages from my PSU, no issues...It's a Thermaltake Toughpower TPD-0750M....

This is my build essentially...
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MmZysJ

there is really no reason other than a software issue...either a driver or a game issue. I have repaired and done all the other crap...I reaaaally am not up for any reinstall crap right now. so...fucking...annoying.

Well here you go...I can 100% make it crash whenever I want by changing the video settings...
This was not an issue until the most recent update...I start up, join a game, change video settings...CRASH. This is probably what happens in game too..when it jumps in and out of different video settings in game for the videos or end of round screens and that's why it's crashing...

OOOH....getting somewhere...I was just able to crash the PC with the 3D Mark Firestrike Demo...

Time to figure out wtf is up...I bet I have to RMA my card or PS...Now I am in the impossible world of trouble shooting components with 1 high end pc..

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
OOOH....getting somewhere...I was just able to crash the PC with the 3D Mark Firestrike Demo...

Time to figure out wtf is up...I bet I have to RMA my card or PS...Now I am in the impossible world of trouble shooting components with 1 high end pc..
Got an old card you can try? I usually save my replaced card for that reason. Got a bad GTX 9700 once.

Got an old card you can try? I usually save my replaced card for that reason. Got a bad GTX 9700 once.
I went into troubleshoot mode and I think it's the power supply
You know what..I said what the heck and decided to start up the gaming pc with the pci-e power cord from the HTPC connected to the card, started them both at the same time...Booted up fine and I was able to run and pass Firestrike Ultra...So my diagnosis is a failing Power supply...It could be a bad cable as well so I am going to swap the cable but that's not likely...when I ran the firestrike ultra it showed the card was using up to 1.0V...So on this demand the power supply must be crapping out. It's really unusually be Thermaltake makes some good power supplies..I wish there were a way to test it...But I think I will just RMA it...5 year warranty FTW :)

well I finally got something besides the generic icon to display when i get a highlight...you have to create a custom icon on ea/origin website and save it...I think you can custom save an image over it w/ the same name to make crazy icons..

annd...I am 99% convinced it's Core Temp that was crashing my system...hasn't crashed yet with it off and crashed tonight the first time i had it on..

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
well I finally got something besides the generic icon to display when i get a highlight...you have to create a custom icon on ea/origin website and save it...I think you can custom save an image over it w/ the same name to make crazy icons..

annd...I am 99% convinced it's Core Temp that was crashing my system...hasn't crashed yet with it off and crashed tonight the first time i had it on..
Yeah I don’t run those type of utilities unless I’m stability testing. The only one I begrudgingly run is GPU Tweak II, to overclock my GTX 1080 while I play.

FINALLY sorted out the custom icon issue :) Now that I have figured out how the editor works it's time to get creative...

What? I had that from day one.
well I had one and then it messed up and always showed that stupid flag icon...and then I realized I had to reset it in my BF account...I thought it was supposed to show the icon for origin account but it's a separate BF one

Got the BF1 Incursions Alpha invite code today...It's a 25GB download...
I also got my RMA Power supply today so I get to swap that out when I get home from work...

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Got the BF1 Incursions Alpha invite code today...It's a 25GB download...
I also got my RMA Power supply today so I get to swap that out when I get home from work...
I got the invite too. What kind of mode is it?

I got the invite too. What kind of mode is it?
Haven't played it but most I've read is 5v5 like the old team bf2 days that pestgaming use to do in the gaming league...

BTW replacement power supply works like a charm...Now I have to route all the cables tomorrow...