TV Batwoman ~ TV's first openly gay superhero portrayed by an openly gay actress! ~premieres Sept 29~

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Anybody interested in HitWing this shit on Monday when it's on demand and on hulu for everyone?

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
https://tvline.com/2019/10/07/batwoman-ratings-season-1-premiere-cw/

The CW’s Batwoman swung into action on Sunday with 1.8 million total viewers and a 0.5 rating, up 20 percent in audience from Supergirl‘s year-ago season opener in the time slot, while steady in the demo.

TVLine readers gave the latest Arrowverse entry an average grade of “B-,” with 77 percent planning to stay tuned.

Supergirl herself returned to 1.3 mil and a 0.4 (TVLine reader grade “B+”), on par with last season’s average (1.2 mil/0.35) and improving on its May finale (1.1 mil/0.3), while also handily improving upon what Friday-bound Charmed averaged last season in the time slot (850K/0.26)

BIV

https://tvline.com/2019/10/07/batwoman-ratings-season-1-premiere-cw/

The CW’s Batwoman swung into action on Sunday with 1.8 million total viewers and a 0.5 rating, up 20 percent in audience from Supergirl‘s year-ago season opener in the time slot, while steady in the demo.

TVLine readers gave the latest Arrowverse entry an average grade of “B-,” with 77 percent planning to stay tuned.

Supergirl herself returned to 1.3 mil and a 0.4 (TVLine reader grade “B+”), on par with last season’s average (1.2 mil/0.35) and improving on its May finale (1.1 mil/0.3), while also handily improving upon what Friday-bound Charmed averaged last season in the time slot (850K/0.26)
Yuck.

BIV

Watch it or not, I enjoyed this. Major spoilers for Joker.

Pigdango

Donator
Why, exactly....other than being butthurt over Crowder?
I’m not butthurt over Crowder. I am completely flummoxed about why you people let those people convince you to get upset about absolutely nothing all the time. It’s so incredibly silly. These are comic book movies for crying out loud.

you are turning me into above it all guy. You know how hard that is to do? I WROTE FIVE THOUSAND WORDS ABOUT A SUPERMAN MOVIE!

BIV

I’m not butthurt over Crowder. I am completely flummoxed about why you people let those people convince you to get upset about absolutely nothing all the time. It’s so incredibly silly. These are comic book movies for crying out loud.

you are turning me into above it all guy. You know how hard that is to do? I WROTE FIVE THOUSAND WORDS ABOUT A SUPERMAN MOVIE!
He's not convincing me of anything. He's not even saying anything that I, or anyone with half a brain, dosen't already know but just can't articulate as well.

It's not about the movies, not specifically. This is emblematic of the entire problem. And yes, it tends to show up more in male centered movies because the progressives have decided they are the font of all evil.

You are the one who has decided that the ocean isn't wet.

And, let me note, that you responded five minutes after I posted it, which means you didn't even watch the fucking thing. How do you know you don't agree with him.

And turn on your TV sometimes, the libs have been in full on attack mode against this film for more than a month. You think the extra security was due to the fans? Please.

Voodoo Ben

The African Dream
At at Rottentomatoes.com the critic score vs audience score stands at:

Pigdango

Donator
He's not convincing me of anything. He's not even saying anything that I, or anyone with half a brain, dosen't already know but just can't articulate as well.

It's not about the movies, not specifically. This is emblematic of the entire problem. And yes, it tends to show up more in male centered movies because the progressives have decided they are the font of all evil.

You are the one who has decided that the ocean isn't wet.

And, let me note, that you responded five minutes after I posted it, which means you didn't even watch the fucking thing. How do you know you don't agree with him.

And turn on your TV sometimes, the libs have been in full on attack mode against this film for more than a month. You think the extra security was due to the fans? Please.
It’s not about agreeing or disagreeing with him. It’s about not caring at all about whatever he is saying, because it doesn’t matter. I couldn’t care less about the libs attacking Joker, and neither should you have. It was a movie neither of us were interested in seeing because it looked stupid. But you let dummies like this guy talk you into seeing it to somehow “stick it to the liberals.” I can’t believe you don’t see how silly that is.

Now you say you actually enjoyed the movie. In that case, when you get to work, you should thank your liberal co workers, because if it wasn’t for them you’d have never seen it.

LiddyRules

She Is Not My BFF. She Is Not.
Alternatively, I guess it is genuinely possible that Batwoman has nearly 30x more User Ratings than any other show on Rotten Tomatoes. @Pigdango - you're a numbers guy, this couldn't be - shenanigans? Because they're better than that.

Last edited:

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Caught the encore of the pilot and what a snore-fest. The one thing that stood out was the awful music in the background.

The direction seems very flat. Overall, I most likely will not be watching this slit-fest.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
This one is surprising. Sunken cost fallacy playing out or actually rejuvenated?
I guess we have to wait for the annual "The Walking Dead sucks, but I'm still watching" posts.

So if the audience and the critics both agree on something, does that mean Rotten Tomatoes actually works or is there a conspiracy reason for it?

LiddyRules

She Is Not My BFF. She Is Not.
This one is surprising. Sunken cost fallacy playing out or actually rejuvenated?
Short answer? Yes.

I got back into it during the Rick Farewell Tour. It's better without him but still not good. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is still wasted.

And they're coming out with a second spinoff about the first post-Zed generation. I assume Fear is still going on.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
I checked out on most CW DC shows because when I was watching a whole presentation of them at SDCC in 2015, I realized at that moment "Wow, these things are really not for my demo."

Never looked back. Let the tweens and the 20 somethings have their melodrama.

Bobobie

I quit watching Supergirl part way between season 4 and Flash half through this last season. Supergirl now sides with nearly every progressive issue. They even disarmed their government operatives cuz guns bad. Flash has run out of ideas and the writing is just horrible. I watched last nights Batgirl and it wasn't too feminist. The acting was just bad, and the fighting sequences were not very convincing. There is no way this chick could kick a guys ass. She barely weights 100 pounds and shes throwing dudes.